kebabmonk
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
my unit 1 is out of 90....

what paper are you doing?
kebabmonk
Report 8 years ago
yeah i think there must have been different geography exams yesterday as this is quite different to mine and i think Farhan.Hanif93
Farhan.Hanif93
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by merton81)
Wait which paper are we talking about here?! This is Unit 1 out of 120 right??!!!
UMS is out of 120 but raw mark is 90.
Sad3k
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by taxatoon)
What did people put for the last four mark question? It was something along the lines of why can some countries be more sustainable than others..?
I wrote something like erm because some countries are only begining to develop there isnt money avaiable due to the huge debts owing to places like World bank and IMF and therefore they have to spend money on advancing to catch up with the technology developed countries are using. For example, two speed india, India is advancing in technology and if they choose to do a sustainable living then their economy would fall. I also wrote how developed countries have the money but place slike Australia and USA fear sustainability to their cities can damage the economy, that is the biggest CO2 emitter (USA) pulled out of the Kyoto Portocol. I lvoed the 4/5 markers they were so entertaining lol. I kept just writing so much points.
Farhan.Hanif93
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Sad3k)
I wrote something like erm because some countries are only begining to develop there isnt money avaiable due to the huge debts owing to places like World bank and IMF and therefore they have to spend money on advancing to catch up with the technology developed countries are using. For example, two speed india, India is advancing in technology and if they choose to do a sustainable living then their economy would fall. I also wrote how developed countries have the money but place slike Australia and USA fear sustainability to their cities can damage the economy, that is the biggest CO2 emitter (USA) pulled out of the Kyoto Portocol. I lvoed the 4/5 markers they were so entertaining lol. I kept just writing so much points.
I also remember referring to copenhagen from last year and how the LEDC's decided that the NIC's didn't do their bit as they were the main CO2 emitters etc. As well as the fact that there are different starting points such as France already doing extensive work into using Nuclear power whereas many countries have not even started yet...
Sad3k
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Farhan.Hanif93)
I also remember referring to copenhagen from last year and how the LEDC's decided that the NIC's didn't do their bit as they were the main CO2 emitters etc. As well as the fact that there are different starting points such as France already doing extensive work into using Nuclear power whereas many countries have not even started yet...

Yeah that should be perfect, I included China as a NIC. there were so much 5 markers in that paper, usually the majority is 2/3/4 but there was like 5 (5) markers. When it was like 2 Eastern European migrant countries etc.. I ggot Poland athen fell blank what could be another. So I tried to relate to the A8 Schenegen thingy. And realised Lithuania was in there to. The fair trade question, i wrote that the symbol fair trade makes it obvious, and the money producers are getting what else could u have said?
Farhan.Hanif93
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Sad3k)
Yeah that should be perfect, I included China as a NIC. there were so much 5 markers in that paper, usually the majority is 2/3/4 but there was like 5 (5) markers. When it was like 2 Eastern European migrant countries etc.. I ggot Poland athen fell blank what could be another. So I tried to relate to the A8 Schenegen thingy. And realised Lithuania was in there to. The fair trade question, i wrote that the symbol fair trade makes it obvious, and the money producers are getting what else could u have said?
Yep, lithuania should do the job. I put down Romania as they were part of the A2 countries from 2007.
I found the fair trade question the most difficult of the lot to be honest. It was unbelievably obvious but hard to word without repetition.... :/
I talked a bit about awareness but wasn't sure how strong that was.
antipesto93
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
oo i just saw this thread now!
i answerd question 7 in the end,
i would have done question 8 but i dont think i could do 15 marks on only the ecological impacts!

the questions on sustainabile megacities were annoying, and there were far to many 5/4 mark questions
fair trade question was weird, alot of my friends wrote 'it says fair trade on the packet' < i that even right?

I wrote that a large percentage of the money goes to the grower
and that a cheap paper bag is used instead of jars and cost only 25p

was bulgaria and poland right...for the e.european countries?
blondyyy
Report 8 years ago
for the multiple choice q on the largest contributor to sea level rise - was it melting antarctic ice?
Tabers
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
On section B I did about Greenland as the day before the National Geographic magazine had come through my door and there was a massive article on Greenland which I had read so I was so glad that that came up.

I was like no not the Philipines...the other class had done loads on it but mine hadn't so I was annoyed of course. It wasn't too bad I don't think but I had to make up a load of crap about that fair trade question...we hadn't done that.

Also I felt ill in the exam as I have this really bad headache. So I asked for some ice to put on it but they came back with a bottle of water so I was like this will have to do then. I found out later the persons who bottle it was didn't know and that it was the Mayor of the town. Ooops.
Tabers
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by blondyyy)
for the multiple choice q on the largest contributor to sea level rise - was it melting antarctic ice?
I'm not sure. I think I remember my teacher saying something about the Thermal expansion and I know a lot of people who put that including me.
Farhan.Hanif93
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by blondyyy)
That's what I put but I was torn between that and thermal expansion as they are both related to rising temps.
V1NY
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by merton81)
hey any one do cold environments? what was the answer to that 4 marker on seasonal variations?
Thanks....
O hai there Merton 81 :awesome:
Tabers
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by antipesto93)
was bulgaria and poland right...for the e.european countries?
I think I put them two. Poland is right, I did a massive case study on that!
antipesto93
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
was D the answer to the multiple choice...on where the Philippines is ! i had to guess, pretty unexpected question lol
Farhan.Hanif93
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by antipesto93)
was D the answer to the multiple choice...on where the Philippines is ! i had to guess, pretty unexpected question lol
It was the one near Indonesia and Papua New Guinea.
I can't wait till I get my A so I can drop this subject, cannot stand human geography...
Kai Hiwatari
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
OMG half the stuff i revised didnt't even come up =/ i ran out of time so missed out marks for the 15 and the 10 but wrote a few points for each =s yeah the one that threw me was the one about 'whats the difference between a natural hazard and a natural disaster?' =O i wrote something about how a natural hazard is a potential disaster due to natural causes but looking at what other people have written here, it wasnt enough! Did anyone do the long mark human questions on how globalisation affects internal and international migration? i would've done the one about the impacts on the Arctic cuz i knew them all but then didnt know what to put for the other one!
chadz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hi people! interesting thoughts... the paper was better than some of the ones in the past
the fair trade question confused me especially why are consumers and producers limited???
I did Q8 on Arctic as I felt I had more keyterms than Q7 does anyone have the provisional marks scheme because for Jan C1 someone had sent me provisional marks scheme so I wondered if anyone had it they usually come out few days after the exam?/
blondyyy
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Tabers)
I'm not sure. I think I remember my teacher saying something about the Thermal expansion and I know a lot of people who put that including me.
I chose that one then changed it to melting sea ice, completely couldnt decide :/ and on the internet different sites say different things!
FF-
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
did anyone do the 25 mark question of globalisation in section b :P ?

what did u put !?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?