Turn on thread page Beta

Girls and University, hyped up ? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_educated1)
    I would be concerned if you actually care about the issue you just raised.

University life is rather liberal, I'm not going to lie, but social interaction is a mere associate of your academic endeavour's - it should never act as an incentive for tertiary education or a contributive factor to your overall decision.

Sad much? Uni is the best opportunity in your life for that kind of thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashton.alfred)
    what course did you get an offer from durham for?
    Archaeology and ancient civilisations. Why?

ReputationRep:
    yes bruv they just want to get ragged init

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheKlassicsKid)
    Archaeology and ancient civilisations. Why?
    Im applyng there this year was wandering if you applied to the business school lol

ReputationRep:
    Become a rugby player. Seriously, it'll work with even the hardest to get girls.
    And try working on your body loads, I know a few guys who are considered pretty hot, but when you imagine them skinny and out of shape they aren't hot at all. ie you can still be hot without the nicest face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna_waits_for_you)
    Become a rugby player. Seriously, it'll work with even the hardest to get girls.
    And try working on your body loads, I know a few guys who are considered pretty hot, but when you imagine them skinny and out of shape they aren't hot at all. ie you can still be hot without the nicest face.
    Actually, if my 4 years at Leicester Uni counting myself and other teammates is anything to go by, this is very definetly not true unless you happen to be in the 1st XV or if you're bessie mates with the Club Soc Sec or President. On another tangent, not all of them/us work on our body. In fact, most of the players only marginally worked out, and I remember more of the players had beer guts.

Just a myth that does need to be explored. Rugby =/= getting loads of women. More often than not, it's just about Lash.

ReputationRep:
    If you want university to be some kind of giant orgy you will be somewhat disappointed.

There will be cliques, someone else mentioned the rugger buggers, there is some truth to that. I'd say if you are a hot lecturer you might have a different girl bouncing up and down on you everynight.If you are rich, nice car up at uni, best halls, probably get a bit.

If you are just an average joe, might even be a virgin. You will probably have average mates. One of yous might get lucky at freshers,,the girl regrets it and her and her mates avoid the lot of you rest of the term.But basically no different for you lot ,than being at home and going out fridays and saturdays with your mates.

University might be one giant shagfest for girls if they want that, but we all know it is much easier for girls to be sluts than guys to be studs and that goes for anywhere,not just uni.

I had it somewhat easier,as despite not knowing anyone and hanging with joe blow averages at freshers,I got 'adopted' by a bunch of medical students, and RAHs,rugger buggers etc and my **** got wet quite a bit. It's who you know at Uni like everywhere else,it's fitting in and it helps to not be ugly and enjoy working out.Those medics work hard and play hard, lots of money to blow on booze and other stuff, and some very good nights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    Actually, if my 4 years at Leicester Uni counting myself and other teammates is anything to go by, this is very definetly not true unless you happen to be in the 1st XV or if you're bessie mates with the Club Soc Sec or President. On another tangent, not all of them/us work on our body. In fact, most of the players only marginally worked out, and I remember more of the players had beer guts.

Just a myth that does need to be explored. Rugby =/= getting loads of women. More often than not, it's just about Lash.
    Fair do's then. I was talking about the more serious rugby players though... the ones with beer bellies can't have been very good. I'm a girl btw, so probably the wrong person to be having this debate with, I can't exactly speak on how successful it is for you. Although it helps if you slip it into conversation with girl of your interest, just being a rugby player can bump a guy up from being a 5/10 to a 6 or even a 7, but we can't always tell just by looking.

(Original post by Ministerdonut)
    If you want university to be some kind of giant orgy you will be somewhat disappointed.

There will be cliques, someone else mentioned the rugger buggers, there is some truth to that. I'd say if you are a hot lecturer you might have a different girl bouncing up and down on you everynight.If you are rich, nice car up at uni, best halls, probably get a bit.

If you are just an average joe, might even be a virgin. You will probably have average mates. One of yous might get lucky at freshers,,the girl regrets it and her and her mates avoid the lot of you rest of the term.But basically no different for you lot ,than being at home and going out fridays and saturdays with your mates.

University might be one giant shagfest for girls if they want that, but we all know it is much easier for girls to be sluts than guys to be studs and that goes for anywhere,not just uni.

I had it somewhat easier,as despite not knowing anyone and hanging with joe blow averages at freshers,I got 'adopted' by a bunch of medical students, and RAHs,rugger buggers etc and my **** got wet quite a bit. It's who you know at Uni like everywhere else,it's fitting in and it helps to not be ugly and enjoy working out.Those medics work hard and play hard, lots of money to blow on booze and other stuff, and some very good nights.

That just sounds like school but worse.

ReputationRep:
    If you're asking whether you're going to get laid, then you probably wont.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.