WJEC Computing CG3 - 24th May 2010 Watch

TLDR
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah I've just come across a bit about design reviews.
I've never seen a question on them and I've only just come across them now when I've been going through what's on the spec... Simple enough though
Rossboy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
An easy 4 marks for learning the definition of Data Warehouse and Data Mining (w/ Example) aswell, WJEC seem to love that question.
asdalol
Badges: 2
Report 8 years ago
Heres the CG3 January 2010 paper and mark scheme only if anyone wants them.

CG3 Jan 10 paper.pdf
gce-ms-computing-jan10-e.pdf
nastynas
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Nerves are starting to kick in now.....
Luffy360
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by asdalol)
Heres the CG3 January 2010 paper and mark scheme only if anyone wants them.

CG3 Jan 10 paper.pdf
gce-ms-computing-jan10-e.pdf
Thanks for that.

(Original post by nastynas)
Nerves are starting to kick in now.....
You'll be fine I'm sure

Just finished my last bit of revision on Computer Languages. I'm feeling quite confident. Hopefully the exam will go well.
nastynas
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Luffy360)
Thanks for that.

You'll be fine I'm sure

Just finished my last bit of revision on Computer Languages. I'm feeling quite confident. Hopefully the exam will go well.
Computer Languages?

1G,2G,3G,4G?
they only ask for 4G....
asdalol
Report 8 years ago
Computer Languages?

1G,2G,3G,4G?
they only ask for 4G....
Have I missed something revising.. "computer languages"? 4G?
Luffy360
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Computer Languages?

1G,2G,3G,4G?
they only ask for 4G....
I mean things like Object Oriented Languages, Visual Languages, Scripting Languages, Special Purpose Languages etc.
nastynas
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Luffy360)
I mean things like Object Oriented Languages, Visual Languages, Scripting Languages, Special Purpose Languages etc.
Oh right yeh, It's good to add, inheritance and encapsulation for Object Oriented (These all came up on the last question for the Jan paper)

4G - Features like data manipulation, making queries, natural language interface, report generators, code generators, high level language (low skill involved)......
asdalol
Report 8 years ago
Oh right yeh, It's good to add, inheritance and encapsulation for Object Oriented (These all came up on the last question for the Jan paper)

4G - Features like data manipulation, making queries, natural language interface, report generators, code generators, high level language (low skill involved)......
Looks like you guys went into a lot of the stuff in more detail :P

I'm uploading some resources we used for revising, covers a lot of the topics
asdalol
Report 8 years ago
http://dev.laurusmedia.net/computing-revision/theory/indexwjec.htm

Scroll down to Computing (The Old Syllabus ) and look at the A2 section. Click CP4 or CP5 for the topics covered in this exam.

CP4 - Software and System Development 2
CP5 - The Computer, Data and Applications 2

Click here for past papers and sample answers.
Alphabetical Alchemist
Report 8 years ago
Done this. We got a very bad teacher who did not mark coursework throughout the year (Was same last year with different teacher). So the whole class got pretty bad coursework marks. Test was pretty good tbh. No strangely worded questions all seemed to be to the point questions.
nastynas
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It was Alrite, except for these:

Web logs
Generation files
The algorithm was a bit tricky...

everything else I think were fine.
treemantris
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I forgot what speech synthesis was D:

Other than that, not too bad.
Rossboy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Pretty good, loved that Binary Tree question and the one on expert systems. BNF and Syntax diagram one was a gift aswell. Didn't have a clue what Speech Synthesis was, so I just winged it, after a quick look on google seems my guess was spot on, I can sleep easy now with 4 Weeks until my next exam.
LoRdShRaPnEl
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Rossboy)
Pretty good, loved that Binary Tree question and the one on expert systems. BNF and Syntax diagram one was a gift aswell. Didn't have a clue what Speech Synthesis was, so I just winged it, after a quick look on google seems my guess was spot on, I can sleep easy now with 4 Weeks until my next exam.
Same.

Exam was easy tbh.
nastynas
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
So boundaries will be very high........?
DeanT
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I thought the paper seemed pretty good/easy, a lot of people were complaining about it being hard when coming out of the exam though. Last year the CG1 paper was easy but the grade boundaries were still low, so I doubt they'll be very high this time either.

Done this. We got a very bad teacher who did not mark coursework throughout the year (Was same last year with different teacher). So the whole class got pretty bad coursework marks. Test was pretty good tbh. No strangely worded questions all seemed to be to the point questions.
Last year your teacher marked it as you went? I didn't even know they were allowed to do that, ours offered no advice and didn't mark any of it until it had been fully handed in/marked both times (CG2 & CG4), she always said it was "against the rules" while asking for help/opinions :confused:.
nastynas
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I need 135 UMS from A2 to get a B overall..
I got 81/100 in my CW this year....any indication on how many raw marks I needed today to get 135 UMS...?
DeanT
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Do you mean you only need 54/130 UMS for the CG3 exam? If so, while nobody can say for sure yet since they haven't set the grade boundaries, you should only need 40/100 maximum (closer to 35/100 if the grade boundaries are similar to the January paper)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (879)
79.91%
Leave (221)
20.09%

Watched Threads