The Daily Mail can't count .... watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    on the first picture i count 48
    on the second picture I count 40

ReputationRep:
    hahaha at the comments calling for culling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaceyThe)
    The other 8 could be from the other goose that "lends a hand" as the article describes.

a large number of these geese probably won't make it to adulthood.
    Not with how hungry I'm feeling, no.

*loads rifle*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amaya)
    As much as I'd like to agree unfortunately you get this in a lot of places, 'cos if something is say 24.27% they'll round it down to 24% to make it more readable, and sometimes a lot of these segments mean it won't be exactly 100% unless you're rather lucky.
    Yeah, +/- 1% is somewhat acceptable, if you have an odd set of rounded percentages, but I won't forgive a 2% margin of error >_>

Then again, I suppose it could always be worse...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/1..._n_384308.html

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by You Failed)
    He said round *down* to the nearest ten, not up, so 40 would be correct. This would still be wrong though because if you have like 48, why on earth would you round down to 40 and not up to 50...
    Exactly, so surely, if the Mail had any common sense, they'd do that?! But we all know that Daily Mail and Common Sense do not belong in the same sentence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by You Failed)
    He said round *down* to the nearest ten, not up, so 40 would be correct. This would still be wrong though because if you have like 48, why on earth would you round down to 40 and not up to 50...
    Exactly, so surely, if the Mail had any common sense, they'd do that?! But we all know that Daily Mail and Common Sense do not belong in the same sentence.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.