Turn on thread page Beta

Girls what do you think about a guy who wears suits/jackets and nice shirts? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    And here's Derren Brown with that same suit/jacket fashion:-

http://www.honestdating.co.uk/derren1.jpg

http://www.honestdating.co.uk/derren2.jpg

http://www.honestdating.co.uk/derren3.jpg

And finally, James Bond showing this look:-

http://www.honestdating.co.uk/bond1.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
    :dontknow:

I'd only wear a suit jacket if the occasion and situation desired it. Besides that, why would anyone want to look like one of those new-style pretentious 'quirky' suited muffinheads who think they're incredibly 'alternative' :sigh:

Any minute now you're going to start wearing thin ties, pointy smart shoes and a trilby hat complete with ray bans everywhere you go :nothing:

Ugh. Get out of my sight OP.
    Argh I hate those.

I do like suits though.

ReputationRep:
    If you are attractive and wear decent suits/shirts/shoes it will work. Primarni, thin ties, pumps on the other hand will make you look like a tosser.

ReputationRep:
    if you actually have a corporate job then its fine. if ure some ******** who works at a shop then wtf?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know Jeremy Kyle and Darren Brown were such fashions icons :laugh:

Don't wear suit blazers wear casual blazers, they go better and are less formal for every day on a regular day out sort of use.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_2010)
    And finally, James Bond showing this look:-

http://www.honestdating.co.uk/bond1.jpg
    That's Daniel Craig not James Bond.

ReputationRep:
    I hate the whole suit idea.
    I believe you should only wear a suit for WORK.
    Seems like its now become a fashion trend where people wear it to parties..etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theronkinator)
    That's Daniel Craig not James Bond.
    Daniel Craig is the new James Bond

ReputationRep:
    I'm personally not really a fan of wearing a suit outside of a sixth form/formal occasion context. I think you'll look fine though, you really can't go wrong with that kind of outfit, as long as the clothes fit you and aren't really cheap.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Depends, how old are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by assmaster)
    Derren Brown = creepy.
    Noooooooooo never! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neil_K)
    Girls like men who are well dressed in nice shirts that fit properly and are clean. A suit style jacket can look really good on certain people and suggest intelligence, status and wealth, so I'd say on the whole it's a good style.
    Really? It'd suggest to me that they're either some boring, corporate drone who can't bear to take his suit off or that they're trying to look like they have 'intelligence, status and wealth'. Then again I don't have vagina.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend wears jeans and blazers. I think it looks quite good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_2010)
    A lot of women find him attractive, plus don't forget that Kyle has a wife who is 10 years younger than him, which is conclusive proof that women think he's hot rich.
    Fixed.

ReputationRep:
    1. depends on the occasion
    2. smart dress= good! but...
    3. bad suit/badly fitting = disaster

ReputationRep:
    Certain men look abysmal in a suit.

It has to be a nice one, brown sounds positively gross unless it's tweed.
    Black with business pinstripe, or even MP style grey with a plain tie.

Or tbh screw the suit, Smart jeans and loafers with a stylish belt coupled with a crisp and well fitting shirt. Finish it off with a stunning blazer and you're all set.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmielociraptor)
    My boyfriend wears jeans and blazers. I think it looks quite good.
    Sounds like a certain somebody I know.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._6653673_n.jpg

(Windy day excuse the hair)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cooolpavan)
    Daniel Craig is the new James Bond
    No, that is not James Bond, drives a mondeo more than an Aston Martin, has no gadgets, doesn't make funny jokes or sleep with loads of women, and there are no super villains, all they want to do is make water expensive, that is not James Bond, that is a poor attempt to use the name to sell really dire films.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose a decent fashionable suite with a nice shirt and decent shoes is preferable to some pimply oik with a sweaty t shirt and jeans hanging half way down his sorry ass. Its the difference between a boy and a man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blu3j4yw4y)
    Personally I hate men wearing shirts. Almost as much as I hate them wearing poloshirts.

Just wear a T-Shirt

Oh the musings of the proletariat. :eyeball:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 25, 2010
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.