Hello again guys and girls of Trent. Congratulations on getting in and welcome to the family- Private.
As promised I will give a sum up of fancy dress for each campus, per night.
For those eager beavers moving in on the first day
- For all you city folk head down to the SU Byron House, for your first taste of life at Trent. There seems to be no theme for this one, but be aware that nights out and esp. the first night of Freshers will be messy.com. £3 entry fee.
Born in the 90's: UV Bubbles @ Clifton
- My fellow Cliftoners, now to show you how Clifton get down, its UV theme, I <3 UV Bubbles. Also welcome to the Point a funny night through the year for those that don't want to pay to get a taxi to town and just want to chill with some friends, with cheap drinks before stumbling home. If you happen to be in town the day before, or earlier that day head to the Blue Banana to purchase your UV facepaint. Or ideally get some before you come to Trent, as well as a tutu (£1 shop was my favourite place to get mine which lasted all year- inc. one Ocean Week, the messiest of messy times of your life). Head to primark and get a cheap brightly coloured vest, bright beads, and of course leg warmers for arms/legs, try getting a few colours if possible. Failing to get a bright vest get a white t-shirt/vest and UV paint it up- I found this very fun, apart from washing it was a bit interesting. £3 entry fee
The House Party @ Brack
- Your first taste of the Brack Bar, and the theme isn't set, well from the sounds of it, it isn't but that gives you leeway to dress how you want, dress to impress or dress in next to nothing your call. Free entry, it'll be a first night to remember, or forget depending on the amount of alcohol consumed.
Baywatch @ City/Clifton/Brack
- This is your first chance to get a looksee at the fine array of people Trent has to offer, fingers crossed this will be at Ocean, though capacity may argue against that. Now baywatch entitles the participants to wear as little as they want, you can be the life guards or the victims it's your call, whistles, floats, shorts, flip-flops (though be careful with those as the you may loose them) bikinis etc.... get your beachwear at the ready. Head to primark (this will become the store to get all fancy dress from) and head to the mens section, red shorts for sale, not to mention they are really comfy for lounging about in. Failing that running shorts with a hawaii theme will suffice. Now either a vest from primark or my preference of H&M, to complete the outfit, you can easily write on the vest life guard, so it's a cheap way to get a good outfit, blow up inflatables for those that want to, and not forgetting the life guard whistle from any good retailer, £1 in asda. Be prepared for the t-shirt swinging of baywatch theme. I shall see you all there. £5 entry, and free pre-bars and buses from Clifton and Brack.
Sunday Funday @ City/Clifton/Brack
- "On Sunday Funday we aim to turn NTU into a giant house party! Across all three of our campuses expect, party games, sports challenges, party nibbles and movies." I'm actually eager to find out what will happen, we didn't have this *goes off to contact insider*.
Big Brack Quiz @ Brackenhurst
- A great way to get those brain cells working before University starts in full swing. Compare your knowledge to your housemates/classmates and win prizes.
Game- On @ City/ Clifton
- Trent version of the Olympics this will surely be an epic night, so get ready with your own Olympic kit- ideally with your Block/Halls on, and get your competitive heads on. I'm thinking black shorts, white vest (customised- I'm a big fan of this!) bring out your whistles again if you want, sweatbands etc... Pre-bar at Clifton. £4 entry.
Pub-golf @ Brack
- Grab your plastic gold clubs, caps, pull up your socks, get ready to tee off, and not forgetting your poloshirts/ vest jumpers. You ready to play pub-golf? Can you make it to the end? £4 per t-shirt.
TRENT ARMY! @ City/Clifton
- Probably the best night of Freshers, this is true Trent spirit, once you don the army gear once you'll officially be apart of the Trent Army privates! This theme is quite often adopted by socials during Varsity season, and everyone wears it at least once. It's worth paying extra on this theme. I know I have spent more than any other on it, as has Benji. Now any form of camouflage is acceptable, black, brown, and green face paint all over areas not covered by clothes. If you visit the Victoria Centre in town, upstairs near the market area is a fabric store, decent material that a few of you can chip in for towards bandanas, wrist ties etc. £4 entry. BOOM!
Brack Freshers Fair
-Sign up to the sports clubs/ societies that tickle your fancy.
City Freshers Fair
- Sign up to the sports clubs/ societies that tickle your fancy.
Jobs Fair @ City
- What jobs are available in Nottingham? Find out here.
Chill-out @ Brack
Well a fun packed first week quite often deserves a day of relaxation, with your new friends, so enjoy you've earned it.
Real Deal Comedy Jam @ City
- Exercise your laughing muscles with some great comedians all in one place. £10 with NUS card/ £15 without NUS.
Hypnotist @ Clifton
Fancy a relaxing hypnotic night that isn't as chaotic as the rest of the week? Head to The Point for an entertaining performance, are you suseptable to a hypnotist?
Clifton Freshers Fair
- Sign up to the sports clubs/ societies that tickle your fancy. And why not zorb ball, while your at it?
Live Fridays @ Brack
- Local bands playing monthly, live from the Brack bar. £1 entry.
You v Rave @ City
- See UV Bubbles at Clifton above ^^ £4 entry.
Double Vision Launch @ Clifton
- Cliftoners this will be your cheapest night out throughout the week, head to the point for a few cheap drinks, a game of pool and to see all the other Cliftoners, in what will become a welcome relief from taxis to the city. £3 entry.
Saturday Antics @ Clifton
- All three campuses battling it out, under each Halls banner to see who is top for the year in the games. A banter filled day not to be missed even if you just want to watch, or fancy a BBQ.
Climax @ City/Clifton/Brack
- The culminating day of your Freshers is found with this the Launch of Climax for the year. I'm not sure on theme yet but if it's announced or in your packs let me know. All three campuses meet under the roof of Byron House for the final night of Freshers, so enjoy it while you can guys. Pre-bars at Clifton and Brack. £4 entry.
The Big Quiz @ City/Clifton
Get those brain cells working before you head to lectures, with the big quiz held at Clifton and City SU.
Right thats one hell of a long post guys, I shall see you all in Freshers Week and once again congrats on getting into Trent.
Over and out privates;
Lance Corporal Blogs
p.s. Should you have any questions, it might be easier if you quote me, and the area in which you have a question for, unless it's general.