TSR NTU Fresher Reps 2010 and Fresher's Week Questions!! Watch

CharlieBoy2107
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
Hey Going to be living on Brackenhurst Campus.
Bit worried about how much money to bring as we don't get paid our grants till early October and I'm sure Freshers is going to cost quite a bit haha.
I'm also interested in maybe trying out for the mens football team. I'm 19 and haven't played properly for like 3 years so I'm expecting them to be proper good. It's worth a go though I suppose. Is there a football team at Brackenhurst campus?
Tiddlywinks
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
All the sports teams train at Clifton I believe!
jammy66
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by BenjiDeane)
Hey buddy, im curious, read on the SU website about wristbands... do we have to pay for them? and are they in a large supply?...

Im on Brack campus.. do you know if there transport put on for us Brack students?...

Cant wait to officially be in the Trent Army! \m/ >.< \m/

One last question; What should i do for ID? i dont own a driving licence & i don't want to carry my passport around... would my Student ID be okay??

Sorry about the spelling, google spell check isnt working atm!
Scorpio2211
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jammy66)
Hey buddy, im curious, read on the SU website about wristbands... do we have to pay for them? and are they in a large supply?...

Im on Brack campus.. do you know if there transport put on for us Brack students?...

Cant wait to officially be in the Trent Army! \m/ >.< \m/

One last question; What should i do for ID? i dont own a driving licence & i don't want to carry my passport around... would my Student ID be okay??

Sorry about the spelling, google spell check isnt working atm!
I might as well answer seen as though I'm about.

Basically bands are given to every Trent Fresher when they move in. DON'T loose it! It gets you in places for Freshers Week. And no you don't have to pay for them, there is one per Fresher.

I think there should be transport for you Brackers- if you have any queries before you go don't hesitate to get in touch with Sarah Mason or Jack Hopson- details of how to contact both of them can be found on the SU website:
Trent SU website

After Freshers Week some places want two forms of ID Ocean you can quite often get away with just Student ID especially if you have a ticket on Wednesday, but some bars want more ID becasue some NTU students can be under the age limit- I can't remember how, but I know some are.

Hope that answers your queries. And one final thing:
Welcome to the family Private
jammy66
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Scorpio2211)
I might as well answer seen as though I'm about.

Basically bands are given to every Trent Fresher when they move in. DON'T loose it! It gets you in places for Freshers Week. And no you don't have to pay for them, there is one per Fresher.
Ah wicked! thanks - I like the sound of that. It's one of the first things i am going to do is pick up one of them.

I think there should be transport for you Brackers- if you have any queries before you go don't hesitate to get in touch with Sarah Mason or Jack Hopson- details of how to contact both of them can be found on the SU website:
Trent SU website
Awesome, be usefull if there is... ill get in touch with them soon! Thanks you.

After Freshers Week some places want two forms of ID Ocean you can quite often get away with just Student ID especially if you have a ticket on Wednesday, but some bars want more ID becasue some NTU students can be under the age limit- I can't remember how, but I know some are.
Ah okay, Thanks for that info... ill get a driving licence as well to add to the student ID. Also a Just In Case.

Hope that answers your queries. And one final thing:
Welcome to the family Private
It does thankyou SO much, Ahhh why thank you! - I look forward to partying hard with the TRENT ARMY!!! \m/
Though im not much of a partyer atm, hopefully change at uni...
Gibbsy
Report 8 years ago
Hmmm, well I will be staying at Riverside Point(going to the city campus) when I start because all the accomodation was gone when I applied. I went through the uni when applying for the accomodation so I was told that freshers reps would be at riverside point to take us to the campus. Just wanted to know if you'd heard anything about reps going to private accomodation and in particular riverside point?
Scorpio2211
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Gibbsy)
Hmmm, well I will be staying at Riverside Point(going to the city campus) when I start because all the accomodation was gone when I applied. I went through the uni when applying for the accomodation so I was told that freshers reps would be at riverside point to take us to the campus. Just wanted to know if you'd heard anything about reps going to private accomodation and in particular riverside point?
You can find Riverside Fresher Reps here:
Fresher Reps 2010

I know of that list 2 names definitely and both a really nice, Fresher rep picking is a long process, and the ones who picked all make good choices. So you should get along with them all.

Hope that helps

(Original post by jammy66)
Ah wicked! thanks - I like the sound of that. It's one of the first things i am going to do is pick up one of them.

Awesome, be usefull if there is... ill get in touch with them soon! Thanks you.

Ah okay, Thanks for that info... ill get a driving licence as well to add to the student ID. Also a Just In Case.

It does thankyou SO much, Ahhh why thank you! - I look forward to partying hard with the TRENT ARMY!!! \m/
Though im not much of a partyer atm, hopefully change at uni...

Your welcome, any more questions don't be afraid to ask- and don't worry about partying, I don't drink and still have a great time with everyone.
jammy66
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Your welcome, any more questions don't be afraid to ask- and don't worry about partying, I don't drink and still have a great time with everyone.
Cheers. Will do! Ahh thats good then. I'm not much of a drinker.. night are cheaper!
Gibbsy
Report 8 years ago
You can find Riverside Fresher Reps here:
Fresher Reps 2010

I know of that list 2 names definitely and both a really nice, Fresher rep picking is a long process, and the ones who picked all make good choices. So you should get along with them all.

Hope that helps
Thanks Just glad we won't be left out, out there
BenjiDeane
  • CV Helper
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Jammy - definitely get yourself a provisional driving licence, many of the places in Nottingham require both Student Cards and other ID (IE Passport/Driving Licence) and some main nights like Ocean on a Wednesday, Oceana on Tuesdays, Gatecrasher/Rock City on Thursdays all require normal ID too.
cowmilla
Report 8 years ago
OK, I'm sooooooooooooo glad I got in and this all sounds gr8t! i just have 1 question - WHY DOES IT START SOOOOOO LATE???!!!!! it's more thn a month away!!!!!!!
Marzer39
Report 8 years ago
I have a question!

So there are freshers reps for people in halls.... I live in town anyway so I am not in halls. So what do I do? Is there a particular place I am supposed to go to?
babelicious_1986
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Marzer39)
I have a question!

So there are freshers reps for people in halls.... I live in town anyway so I am not in halls. So what do I do? Is there a particular place I am supposed to go to?
They usually have a meet up point for MILO students that is usally in a bar close to city campus, last two years it has been varsity on peel street. Milo means mature, international and local students.

Best to way to find out where this will be is to check the welcome week guide when it arrives soon in the post and see where it is, there will be freshers reps there for you.
Marzer39
Report 8 years ago
Thanks!
jammy66
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by BenjiDeane)
Jammy - definitely get yourself a provisional driving licence, many of the places in Nottingham require both Student Cards and other ID (IE Passport/Driving Licence) and some main nights like Ocean on a Wednesday, Oceana on Tuesdays, Gatecrasher/Rock City on Thursdays all require normal ID too.
Thanks, will do mate.. I have seen you can do it online, so i might do it there.

Cheers again.
Rish7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey all,

Really looking forward to Fresher's Week, however I'm staying at Victoria Halls and I can't see it listed:

http://trentstudents.org/freshers/co..._fresher_reps/

Can I get a little help here, I don't want to be missing out! =(
Clioashlee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by CharlieBoy2107)
Hey Going to be living on Brackenhurst Campus.
Bit worried about how much money to bring as we don't get paid our grants till early October and I'm sure Freshers is going to cost quite a bit haha.
I was also wondering about this. I have saved up about £200 to cover freshers week because i'm not sure how much nights out will cost in Nottingham. Hopefully that will cover my first shop, nights out and transport to and from Brack to Notts city
Just hoping that will be enough =/
Scorpio2211
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Rish7)
Hey all,

Really looking forward to Fresher's Week, however I'm staying at Victoria Halls and I can't see it listed:

http://trentstudents.org/freshers/co..._fresher_reps/

Can I get a little help here, I don't want to be missing out! =(
May be Victoria Halls aren't getting them? I know some private halls weren't getting Freps. Though may be you'll be visited by others from other halls?!?
Scorpio2211
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hello again guys and girls of Trent. Congratulations on getting in and welcome to the family- Private.

As promised I will give a sum up of fancy dress for each campus, per night.

For those eager beavers moving in on the first day
(Friday 24th):

Kickstart @City- For all you city folk head down to the SU Byron House, for your first taste of life at Trent. There seems to be no theme for this one, but be aware that nights out and esp. the first night of Freshers will be messy.com. £3 entry fee.

Born in the 90's: UV Bubbles @ Clifton- My fellow Cliftoners, now to show you how Clifton get down, its UV theme, I <3 UV Bubbles. Also welcome to the Point a funny night through the year for those that don't want to pay to get a taxi to town and just want to chill with some friends, with cheap drinks before stumbling home. If you happen to be in town the day before, or earlier that day head to the Blue Banana to purchase your UV facepaint. Or ideally get some before you come to Trent, as well as a tutu (£1 shop was my favourite place to get mine which lasted all year- inc. one Ocean Week, the messiest of messy times of your life). Head to primark and get a cheap brightly coloured vest, bright beads, and of course leg warmers for arms/legs, try getting a few colours if possible. Failing to get a bright vest get a white t-shirt/vest and UV paint it up- I found this very fun, apart from washing it was a bit interesting. £3 entry fee

The House Party @ Brack- Your first taste of the Brack Bar, and the theme isn't set, well from the sounds of it, it isn't but that gives you leeway to dress how you want, dress to impress or dress in next to nothing your call. Free entry, it'll be a first night to remember, or forget depending on the amount of alcohol consumed.

Saturday 25th

Baywatch @ City/Clifton/Brack- This is your first chance to get a looksee at the fine array of people Trent has to offer, fingers crossed this will be at Ocean, though capacity may argue against that. Now baywatch entitles the participants to wear as little as they want, you can be the life guards or the victims it's your call, whistles, floats, shorts, flip-flops (though be careful with those as the you may loose them) bikinis etc.... get your beachwear at the ready. Head to primark (this will become the store to get all fancy dress from) and head to the mens section, red shorts for sale, not to mention they are really comfy for lounging about in. Failing that running shorts with a hawaii theme will suffice. Now either a vest from primark or my preference of H&M, to complete the outfit, you can easily write on the vest life guard, so it's a cheap way to get a good outfit, blow up inflatables for those that want to, and not forgetting the life guard whistle from any good retailer, £1 in asda. Be prepared for the t-shirt swinging of baywatch theme. I shall see you all there. £5 entry, and free pre-bars and buses from Clifton and Brack.

Sunday 26th

Sunday Funday @ City/Clifton/Brack- "On Sunday Funday we aim to turn NTU into a giant house party! Across all three of our campuses expect, party games, sports challenges, party nibbles and movies." I'm actually eager to find out what will happen, we didn't have this *goes off to contact insider*.

Big Brack Quiz @ Brackenhurst- A great way to get those brain cells working before University starts in full swing. Compare your knowledge to your housemates/classmates and win prizes.

Game- On @ City/ Clifton- Trent version of the Olympics this will surely be an epic night, so get ready with your own Olympic kit- ideally with your Block/Halls on, and get your competitive heads on. I'm thinking black shorts, white vest (customised- I'm a big fan of this!) bring out your whistles again if you want, sweatbands etc... Pre-bar at Clifton. £4 entry.

Monday 27th

Pub-golf @ Brack- Grab your plastic gold clubs, caps, pull up your socks, get ready to tee off, and not forgetting your poloshirts/ vest jumpers. You ready to play pub-golf? Can you make it to the end? £4 per t-shirt.

TRENT ARMY! @ City/Clifton- Probably the best night of Freshers, this is true Trent spirit, once you don the army gear once you'll officially be apart of the Trent Army privates! This theme is quite often adopted by socials during Varsity season, and everyone wears it at least once. It's worth paying extra on this theme. I know I have spent more than any other on it, as has Benji. Now any form of camouflage is acceptable, black, brown, and green face paint all over areas not covered by clothes. If you visit the Victoria Centre in town, upstairs near the market area is a fabric store, decent material that a few of you can chip in for towards bandanas, wrist ties etc. £4 entry. BOOM!

Tuesday 28th

Brack Freshers Fair-Sign up to the sports clubs/ societies that tickle your fancy.

Wednesday 29th

City Freshers Fair- Sign up to the sports clubs/ societies that tickle your fancy.

Thursday 30th

Jobs Fair @ City- What jobs are available in Nottingham? Find out here.

Chill-out @ Brack Well a fun packed first week quite often deserves a day of relaxation, with your new friends, so enjoy you've earned it.

Real Deal Comedy Jam @ City- Exercise your laughing muscles with some great comedians all in one place. £10 with NUS card/ £15 without NUS.

Hypnotist @ Clifton Fancy a relaxing hypnotic night that isn't as chaotic as the rest of the week? Head to The Point for an entertaining performance, are you suseptable to a hypnotist?

Friday 1st

Clifton Freshers Fair- Sign up to the sports clubs/ societies that tickle your fancy. And why not zorb ball, while your at it?

Live Fridays @ Brack- Local bands playing monthly, live from the Brack bar. £1 entry.

You v Rave @ City- See UV Bubbles at Clifton above ^^ £4 entry.

Double Vision Launch @ Clifton- Cliftoners this will be your cheapest night out throughout the week, head to the point for a few cheap drinks, a game of pool and to see all the other Cliftoners, in what will become a welcome relief from taxis to the city. £3 entry.

Saturday 2nd

Saturday Antics @ Clifton- All three campuses battling it out, under each Halls banner to see who is top for the year in the games. A banter filled day not to be missed even if you just want to watch, or fancy a BBQ.

Climax @ City/Clifton/Brack- The culminating day of your Freshers is found with this the Launch of Climax for the year. I'm not sure on theme yet but if it's announced or in your packs let me know. All three campuses meet under the roof of Byron House for the final night of Freshers, so enjoy it while you can guys. Pre-bars at Clifton and Brack. £4 entry.

Sunday 3rd

The Big Quiz @ City/Clifton Get those brain cells working before you head to lectures, with the big quiz held at Clifton and City SU.

Right thats one hell of a long post guys, I shall see you all in Freshers Week and once again congrats on getting into Trent.

Over and out privates;
Lance Corporal Blogs

p.s. Should you have any questions, it might be easier if you quote me, and the area in which you have a question for, unless it's general.
Rish7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
May be Victoria Halls aren't getting them? I know some private halls weren't getting Freps. Though may be you'll be visited by others from other halls?!?

It says on the website that you can meet other Freps at Varsity? Would that make sense to you?

By the way, thanks for the info on Fresher's Week (above). Really useful! <3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (478)
79.93%
Leave (120)
20.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed