Turn on thread page Beta

Grandfather killed infront of granddaughter - another appalling crime. watch

ReputationRep:
    RAGE GENERAL FEELINGS OF ANGER BLOODLUST SAVAGERY HOLD ON WHY ARE WE DIFFERENT.

God, some of the replies on here are disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    just saw this on the news...
    disgusting. :/

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the UK?

I wish they could be locked up and happy slapped to death.

ReputationRep:
    how could they get such a low sentence? I am shocked by the justice system in this country!

ReputationRep:
    People suggesting death penalty are stupid. Yes, the crime was horrible, even more so due to the fact that it was in front of a 3 year-old granddaughter. But they didn't try to kill the guy, they just wanted a 'happy slap'. Definitely deserve a longer sentence, but the death penalty should never be brought back for the likes of this (or for anything for that matter).

What the son had to say was admirable though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam_zed)
    What a lazy and half hearted solution inspired by a desire for blood and revenge with no consideration as to how to stop this kind of thing from happening again. Also with such a solution you will get people moaning about paying their taxes for them to be locked up.
    They cant do it again if they are locked up. Life in prison for such acts will make them decline greater than the weak sentences that have been given out in this case no?

I dont know how it is a desire for revenge, I never once said they should be killed just that they should lose their freedom. They have proven to be a threat to society and so for the greater good of society they should be kept out of society. I dont believe any state should have the right to kill but I do believe they have the right to protect their innocent citizens. Which has clearly failed here as a innocent man has lost his life, his family has suffered a great loss yet the people responsible get such a weak sentence.

ReputationRep:
    Inb4 "This is where our society is going" and "They should be cut into a thousand pieces and then burned".

Oh wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    Inb4 "This is where our society is going" and "They should be cut into a thousand pieces and then burned".

Oh wait.
    I can't tell your tone here but I wanted to ask, you or anyone else

How do you solve a problem like this? as in, how to prevent further attacks of this nature from other people?

since this isn't an isolated incident. What makes people want to do such things

ReputationRep:
    Word is that when these guys come out , they're gonna have a hard life coz so many people are after them!

ReputationRep:
    ****. One of them (leon elcock) was in my year at school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Splodger)
    Welcome to the UK?
    Why are you talking as if UK is some gang driven and violent country ? As far as our history goes we don't need it, comparing it with countries like El Salvador, South Africa and others in South America you can understand the violence/gangs because of their bloody past. It's just little teenage ***** trying to be hard! **** it they can **** off elsewhere if they want it, no need for it here.

ReputationRep:
    I commented on the other thread - but this really is just so upsetting. The sad thing is that we can move on with our lives and forget about it, but cases like this seem to be keep cropping up where justice just isn't served. What is wrong with the system?! I could perhaps understand if the sentence was only slightly different to what I'd expect, but it's just so wildly different to what you'd expect. And of course, this man's family will never be able to forget. Just seems so unfair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stressworthy)
    I commented on the other thread - but this really is just so upsetting. The sad thing is that we can move on with our lives and forget about it, but cases like this seem to be keep cropping up where justice just isn't served. What is wrong with the system?! I could perhaps understand if the sentence was only slightly different to what I'd expect, but it's just so wildly different to what you'd expect. And of course, this man's family will never be able to forget. Just seems so unfair.
    IS IT STRESSWORTHY DOE?

but yeh sad story

Justice system is ****** up... :no:

RIP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fps_cam)
    If I saw them and had the chance I'd kill them on the spot
    Would that make you any better than them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uer23)
    Why are you talking as if UK is some gang driven and violent country ? .
    Because it is, You only have to look at society of today and society of 50 years ago and realize this country is now a ********.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fps_cam)
    If I saw them and had the chance I'd kill them on the spot
    No you wouldnt.
    Anyway they deserve severe punishments

ReputationRep:
    Such idiots.

ReputationRep:
    Why does the Daily Mail feel the need to supply us with endless pictures and video detailing Mr Haque's death?

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.