?
Report 8 years ago
Neocons.....
Clens
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Does Israel not have a right to exist without fear of being wiped from the face of the Earth by the Iranians? Israel need no backing to initiate a strike against Iran, and now the Russians have backed UN resolutions, Iran has run out of powerful allies.

That said, an Israeli attack on Iran would not be a good thing. Every Arab country would go mental, and Egypt and Syria would most likely have a go, Palestine would erupt, and Hezbollah would have a field day. However, as the West we need Israel's presence in the region, and the USA and Britain would more than likely become heavily involved.
Broderss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Iran would look better as a hole in the Earth, imo.
goodzi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
**** u all, even don't know what u talking about, Iran has 70 million population, how little Israel can destroy it?
James10000
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Focus08)
Republicans have lost their way. They used to end wars and clean up the Dems nationbuilding activities. They were opposed to Woodrow Wilson's internationalism. George Bush ran on a humble foreign policy in 2000..

The ****

This is where the Tea Party comes in
Stalin
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Clens)
Does Israel not have a right to exist without fear of being wiped from the face of the Earth by the Iranians? Israel need no backing to initiate a strike against Iran, and now the Russians have backed UN resolutions, Iran has run out of powerful allies.

That said, an Israeli attack on Iran would not be a good thing. Every Arab country would go mental, and Egypt and Syria would most likely have a go, Palestine would erupt, and Hezbollah would have a field day. However, as the West we need Israel's presence in the region, and the USA and Britain would more than likely become heavily involved.
1) Ahmadinejad did not say that a nuclear Iran would "wipe Israel from the face of the earth".

2) Iranians are not Arabs, they're Persians.

3) Egypt is an ally of Israel, not an enemy.

4) Syria is not the threat it once was; it has no nuclear programme.

5) The West doesn't need Israel's presence in the region, if anything, the region would be a far better place without Israel. Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, the UAE and Iraq are now close allies of the West; money talks.
Focus08
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by James10000)
This is where the Tea Party comes in
Until Palin and Glenn Beck hijacks it..

Clens
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Stalin)
1) Ahmadinejad did not say that a nuclear Iran would "wipe Israel from the face of the earth".

2) Iranians are not Arabs, they're Persians.

3) Egypt is an ally of Israel, not an enemy.

4) Syria is not the threat it once was; it has no nuclear programme.

5) The West doesn't need Israel's presence in the region, if anything, the region would be a far better place without Israel. Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, the UAE and Iraq are now close allies of the West; money talks.
----------------------

1) He said that Israel was a "Disgraceful blot which should be wiped from the face of the earth." Whether nuclear or not, Iran is a threat to Israel.

2) Arabs / Persians. Ok, I see your point. But Muslim countries stick together, and the surrounding Arab / Islamic countries would be having none of it.

3) Egypt attacked Israel, and whilst the may have a civil relationship, they are by no means allies. I was in Egypt when the Israelis were bombing the Lebanon, and they were openly collecting donations for the resistance.

4) A country does not need to have nuclear power to be a threat. Bombs and bullets still kill people pretty well.

5) Fair enough, but I believe Western governments would far prefer to deal with the Israelis that the Saudis, who are no angels themselves.
maljebo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

True, but if there is a war between Iran and Israel then Iraq would destabilize, as the majority of the people share the same religion as Iran, and would support it in a war, although a majority not militarily. It would also give Muqtadr Al-Sadr renewed(SP?) vigour, and i'm pretty sure that one of the Al-Hakims has an army consisting of tens of thousands of men. Also Ayatallah Al-Sistani(AH) must be taken into accout, for he is the most powerful man in Iraq, and he is Iranian born.

But like you said the rest of the Arab countries would do nothing.
WhuTom
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah. I don't think this is anything to get worked up over tbh, it's just bored Republicans trying to stir siht up. They're out of power and they like war, so they're trying to make it happen.

I do hope for our sake nothing happens anyway.
maljebo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Clens)
----------------------

1) He said that Israel was a "Disgraceful blot which should be wiped from the face of the earth." Whether nuclear or not, Iran is a threat to Israel.

2) Arabs / Persians. Ok, I see your point. But Muslim countries stick together, and the surrounding Arab / Islamic countries would be having none of it.

3) Egypt attacked Israel, and whilst the may have a civil relationship, they are by no means allies. I was in Egypt when the Israelis were bombing the Lebanon, and they were openly collecting donations for the resistance.

4) A country does not need to have nuclear power to be a threat. Bombs and bullets still kill people pretty well.

5) Fair enough, but I believe Western governments would far prefer to deal with the Israelis that the Saudis, who are no angels themselves.
Unfortunately they don't. The gulf states hate Iran, and so will do nothing, Syria also will do nothing, Egypt is Israels' ally, Lebanon will stay out of it, but Hizballah probably won't.

(3) The Egyptian government would never go against Israel. They didn't even help Gaza during the conflict, infact they closed thier borders to the injured.
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
but the National Iranian American Council is marking the event as a significant event in the propaganda war.
Well they would, wouldn't they? :rolleyes: Trita Parsi and the rest of those NIAC ****ers are just IRR lobbyists.

That said, I am not in favour of military intervention.
Phantom_X
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The republicans are idiots. Their way of solving things is through war to protect 'democracy and freedom' ie. pleasing the religious zealots in the republican states/bible belt who feel Palestine must be wiped out as Jesus will return in Jerusalem etc. At least thats what my boss, who works in the british museum thought. And because of this, Israel is able to play America like a puppet.

I dont support nuclear strikes in Iran though i do support removing ahmadinejad. However i think more resources should be given to the green movement for them to do this internally. The last thing this century needs is yet ANOTHER war.
Hanz_a93
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Suetonius)
Fortunately I'm not masochistic enough to be hoping for those who are to be destroyed by a nuke while criticising themselves.
And what do you mean by that :confused:
reems23
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This will be another long hard ill thought out war which continues for ten years longer than planned and will have thousands of unnamed and uncared for casualties.
Rayel
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Its AIPAC that's that problem.
Suetonius
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Hanz_a93)
And what do you mean by that :confused:
I mean that it's absolutely ridiculous to blame a possible nuclear attack by Iran on U.S. sanctions. It's a fraudulent attempt to divert attention from the root of the problem, and blame us instead.
Suetonius
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Doesn't matter. Ahmadinejihad doesn't wield any real power in Iran anyway. And I think a group of apocolyptic clerics who routinely fund anti-Semitic, fundamentalist, terroristic organisations in Palestine and Lebanon can't be defended against accusations of wanting Israel "wiped off the map". The very fact that the President of Iran was accused of saying that is telling enough. Mistranslation or not, all the evidence is there that the mullahs would be all to happy were it to take place, and it's incredibly disheartening that people would make excuses on their behalf.
Diaz89
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Let them try
johnnyringo
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by sevendaughters)
Yeah, of course destablising the Middle East would be a great idea. Not to mention attacking a nuclear power. Let's just ignore the obvious human rights implications and the complete immorality of it all.
That's laughable my friend..You don't think Iran is doing anything to distabalize the middle east right now!!! All millions they give to support terrorist who kill innocent civilians and coalition troops??!! Are you kidding me? And about human rights, you don't have a problem with Iran's public homosexual executions either? Right, right...Grow up..You think America is the evil one...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.6%
No (522)
72.4%

Watched Threads