Sushi Watch

Leon Trotsky
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by kpwxx)
I also love sushi. I'm a vegetarian so have veg (or similar) in them, but still amazing!!!! And with soy sauce!!! When you get it in the little fish with ready made sushi, and garlic

However, I don't like wasabi. But I love rice crackers and other seed flavoured type snack things.

I've never made sushi though. We once tried but no shop[ in my entire town sold nori.
I actually prefer the vegetable sushi - mushrooms and peppers FTW!
G1lly
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kpwxx)
I also love sushi. I'm a vegetarian so have veg (or similar) in them, but still amazing!!!! And with soy sauce!!! When you get it in the little fish with ready made sushi, and garlic

However, I don't like wasabi. But I love rice crackers and other seed flavoured type snack things.

I've never made sushi though. We once tried but no shop[ in my entire town sold nori.
do you know if yo sushi is good for veg sushi? im also vegetarian and all the sushi ive had hasnt been great
Wanischa
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Mhmmmm sushi, I remember when I went on holiday all I had for like 3 months was sushi and noodles...good times XD

Sushi from Boots tastes disgusting though D:

I prefer it when it's raw fish and not tuna stuff... :/
Aivicore
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Me too!.. It's a shame it's so tough to get the right materials to make it here in the UK.
I do love supermarket sushi, but it doesn't quite compare to the stuff in actual Japan..:coma:

Phwoar..The wasabi, ginger and soy sauce are all essential, too!
Historiana
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
:drool: So good...

I love this place in Sheffield called Sakushi - all genuine Japanese stuff made fresh. I crave Tako Nigiri now

I maintain, that shop bought sushi shouldn't be given the name. And that Yo!Sushi is rubbish. It's imperative to visit the real, small Japanese run establishments to get the good stuff :P
W.H.T
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Addzter)
75p a pack in my local Morrisons.
how many are there in those pack?
flipper_99
Report 8 years ago
Look up hi sushi in London. All you cant eat for £14.95/£16.95. It is my monthly treat.

All about Salmon Nigiri/Rolls!
S-man10
Badges: 18
Report 8 years ago
Sushi is some tasty ****. I remember the first time I ate it. I took so much wasabi that I nearly ended up puking. Still awesome to this day.
screenager2004
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sushi is quite nice I remember going to one of those cool conveyor-belt sushi places in Kyoto and had a little piece of raw beef sushi that cost 512 yen. (£3.80 for one piece of sushi!)

But it tastes soooo ricey, there's so much rice and it dilutes the flavour of the fishies. If you like sushi, try sashimi. Which is essentially rice-less sushi (a.k.a: sliced raw fish). OMG raw Tuna steak! bit of soy sauce and lemon juice = deliciousness.

Also California rolls = ick.
Cybele
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Never tried it.
Leon Trotsky
Rep:
?
(Original post by W.H.T)
how many are there in those pack?
There are four little pieces with vegetable fillings, one big piece with mushrooms and tuna in it and one long one with a piece of salmon on it.
me, myself and I
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Anyone else think that sushi is just ******* amazing? I don't want to sound like a loser, but I love sushi - the way it looks, the way it feels, the way it smells and - of course - the way it tastes. I think when I've retired, sushi will be my thing. Some men will collect little soldiers in their shed, some will buy a sports car or two, but I'll just make and eat sushi all day.

Your thoughts on sushi?
love the stuff. LOVE IT. :drool:

edit: also, YO! sushi do this sushi making class, i'm quite keen to try it but it's pretty expensive for 2 hours.
Philbert
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've tried making sushi with that cheap yutaka stuff, but the Nori went all soggy. It was still good, though. I'm going to try again soon with better quality stuff, and find a different recipe. I really want to go too Japan someday and eat freshly prepared, authentic Sushi :drool:
W.H.T
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There are four little pieces with vegetable fillings, one big piece with mushrooms and tuna in it and one long one with a piece of salmon on it.
and I was expecting at least 8 pieces .......................
K the Failure
Badges: 2
Report 8 years ago
Now I feel like a nice thick slice of fatty tuna sashimi with enough wasabi to mould my genitalia with.

(Original post by me, myself and I)
love the stuff. LOVE IT. :drool:

edit: also, YO! sushi do this sushi making class, i'm quite keen to try it but it's pretty expensive for 2 hours.
Screw YO! Sushi, go on YouTube!
Wiggler
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I founded the sushi society at my uni... where we just basically got paid by the su to goto yo sushi and other restaurants...
Leon Trotsky
Rep:
?
(Original post by me, myself and I)
love the stuff. LOVE IT.

Ahh really? I might check it out. How much is it?
*RedRose*
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sushi is amaazing! I do occasionally attempt to make it myself but it never turns out as nice. But still mmm! Gotta have lots of ginger on top too yum.
Crazy Paving
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sushi is disgusting. :puke:
truthandtragedy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I hate sushi. :spew:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (532)
80.24%
Leave (131)
19.76%

Watched Threads