Any of you guys or girls still use the clothesline to hang your clothes? Or dryer? Watch

Poll: Dryer? or hang them outside or both?
Dryer (7)
11.67%
Hang them outside (32)
53.33%
Both (21)
35%
Skycat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by somethingbeautiful)
Clothes line at home - we've never had a dryer.
Dryer at uni (because there's no clothes line and I wouldn't trust people anyway LOL)
This. We've moved into private accommodaton for 2nd year though, no dryer... not looking forward to using a clothesline.
Curly A
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Piprod01)
Sunny Days: Outside
Wet days: Drier
This
Lack of Creativity
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Clothes line dries things much more nicely.
fox_the_fix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
no idea.
our maid does it.

I dont think i have ever been in the conservatory (or w.e the room is that has the cleaning stuff) lol
Fuzzpig
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Panda Bear)
Bugger! Blame my browser which keeps crashing. I don't live in a hoe house. :p:
I laughed way too much at this :lol:
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I dry my delicates in the boiler room, and tumble dry socks/basics.

I line dry delicates and t-shirts/jeans/leggings whenever the weather suits.
Echey
Report 8 years ago
30 mins.

just shove it all in, put it on as high as it'll go

DONE.

air-drying takes forever, i don't know why people do it
Rawr.ox
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Both: underwear goes in the dryer (as it's personal - ie don't want insects crawling over them - and you don't want neighbours seeing your pants) and clothes go on the line. Simple.

It costs too much and it's too noisy/stuffy to have a tumbledrier going constantly in a house of six people.
vander Beth
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Outside

I miss our dryer.
Niju
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Panda Bear)
Bugger! Blame my browser which keeps crashing. I don't live in a hoe house. :p:
LMFAO Hoe House :P
easter_bunny
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I only use a tumble dryer if I desperately need something for the next day and it's the middle of winter. Even then I'd rather stick said item on a radiator.

It's such a waste of money and energy. People who tumble dry things when its 20 degrees outside to make them 'feel soft' should be shot.
Niju
(Original post by Rawr.ox)
Both: underwear goes in the dryer (as it's personal - ie don't want insects crawling over them - and you don't want neighbours seeing your pants) and clothes go on the line. Simple.

It costs too much and it's too noisy/stuffy to have a tumbledrier going constantly in a house of six people.
Wow 6 people? That must mean the washer is on everyday :P unless you guys cram 6 loads of laundry into one day on the weekend xD
Niju
(Original post by fox_the_fix)
no idea.
our maid does it.

I dont think i have ever been in the conservatory (or w.e the room is that has the cleaning stuff) lol
O_O you got a maid?! I guess they get your clothes real nice and clean I wish I had a maid
duracell
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Washing line/pulley, sometimes dryer at home. At uni I used a dryer for jeans/socks/underwear, and pulley/radiator for everything else. Next year it'll be clothes line all the way as there isn't a dryer.
Hravan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
At uni I have to use a dryer. (The en-suites are too small to dry clothes in, you're not allowed to dry clothes on the radiator or out of the window. If you do, you get fined. )

At home the clothes line outside is used if the weather is nice. If the weather is bad, they go on the clothes lines in the garage (yes, we have clothing lines strung up in the garage :rolleyes: ). I do sometimes have to sneakily use the dryer when I need certain clothes for that day. (If my mother finds out I used the dryer she would kill me :rolleyes: )
theronkinator
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hang outside or inside, we have a Tumble drier but only use it if there is a rush for something. I hate them, make your clothes all stiff and uncomfortable.
a.posteriori
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've got a dryer.
Tinty
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I use the outside line in summer. It makes the clothes smell so much nicer! So fresh.
An indoor clothes airer in winter.
We have a dryer but only use it sometimes for things that need to be dried quicker like next days work wear.
fox_the_fix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Niju)
O_O you got a maid?! I guess they get your clothes real nice and clean I wish I had a maid
It's pretty cool, she hits me with a stick if I lip off to my mum though :mad:
Fat-Love
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Line - A drier is a waste of good energy and only for those who lack planning skills when it comes to their laundry (oh, and those with the most sensitive skin in the world who insist on 'soft' clothes).

(Original post by ArcaneAnna)
Using the dryer uses up too much electricity and so increases me bills.

So I use one of these instead. ;p

where did you get one of those?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (586)
80.27%
Leave (144)
19.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise