Turn on thread page Beta

What's it like to have a brother or sister? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have a twin brother and it's ok I guess. I don't think we're any extra bonded like twins are supposed to be but that might be because we're not identical (obviously :p: ). I suppose it was useful going to school at the same time because we could help each other with homework and stuff and we do share some of the same friends.

Also good to have someone to compare to with grades (I usually win by a tiny bit ) but we're pretty much the same intelligence I think.

Was also fun when younger as there'd always be someone to play with :yep:.

Edit: spelling

ReputationRep:
    They were cute until they turned 4, and will probably be considered annoying by me until they are at least 16 :shifty:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NaturalDisaster)
    Annoying as hell.

No kidding. My brother always walks into my room uninvited (I miss study leave, it was the first time my room was actually private!) and he says "So, let's talk." sometimes we chat, sometime I just tell him to gtfo, but it nearly always ends with him farting in my room (It's seriously embarrassing) and me trying to deliberately poison him with perfume. But when I was younger it used to be fun playing with him and stuff. It's fun fighting with my brother too, we never really hurt each other, and it's just like play-fighting really. My little sister is adorable, and I like looking after her and watching out for her. We're so similar it's like looking at myself when I was a lot younger (there's a fairly big age difference between us) and I love her to pieces. She drives me crazy by acting like a baby still, because I know that at her age I was expected to be the mature one and act my age. And not being able to watch Scrubs and Being Human when she's around because it's "inappropriate" is annoying as well, seeing as she hides behind the sofa and then pops up and goes "ahem, this is not suitable for me." (She honestly says that), and then my parents yell at me. But overall having a brother and sister is pretty brilliant. I can still be childish around them if I want to be, and I'd do anything to protect them and I know that they're not going to judge me for anything. That's the best part.
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    My sister walked in on me ******* and is now creating an internet drama about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aura1947)
    :lolwut:
    Exactly. That is why I hate him. He's 13 and it's tbf embarassing at that kind of age. Why is he so effing childish?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiamondsAreForever)
    I've always wondered, what with being an only child

Do enlighten me
    It's an interesting question.

Really depends on how close you are with your sibling. I speak infrequently with my brother (despite the fact that we still live together :eek:) and can't stand him at all, so I often feel like an only child.

ReputationRep:
    My brother and I used to fight literally all the time when we were younger (he's 5 years younger than me). He used to wind me up purposefully when I was 12/13 because he knew he'd get a reaction (hormonal teen&all haha) but now he's 14 I've got my own back (childish, I know) winding him up with every opportunitity. Eventually he came to me and apologised for the way he used to wind me up, saying he now understood how it felt. We have a really close relationship now, and he comes staying at my flat all the time

ReputationRep:
    Constant competition, I will always be compared to my brother and sister.

ReputationRep:
    i feel like im the only kid in my family because im not that close to my brothers. but anyways, we fight a lot BEFORE, but when something came up last year, me and my 2nd brother never talk a lot anymore. we act like we dont see each other. *he got some anger issues and very annoying habits* and then my 3rd brother *youngest* we talk but him and my 2nd brother are more closer like they're best of friends. both of them are still immature/childish and i dont go along with that.

im always serious and im quiet but they are loud and likes to play around.
    but i love them.i dont show them but i do. maybe once i go to UNI in UK i might be close again to them/family, but for now, i couldnt take them being an ass all the time.i hope they grow up. :P

oh wait, maybe because im the only girl and they dont like PINK and FURRY stuff. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haris.gul)
    Absolute Pain in the Arse.

You enjoy all the luxury of being the only child.
    This, I would so love to be the only child. No fights, no arguments, no disturbances, no sharing, just peace.

ReputationRep:
    It's kinda cool. I have 4 younger sisters, and it's nice to have people to talk to about stuff, including some girly stuff . My youngest sister is 5, and of course being her age she gets very annoying at times, but she's still a cutie all the same . My other 3 sisters are all teenagers like me, and they're pretty cool most of the time. The 15-year-old says that I can act more immature than her, and I can see what she means there :grin:. They all seem to think I'm a bit uncool though, and don't always want to go shopping with me, so I'm often still on my own at times :erm:.

I find it kinda funny that my parents managed to have five girls and no boys at all, haha, so I have no idea what it's like to have a brother, really. But it's all good :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiamondsAreForever)
    I've always wondered, what with being an only child

Do enlighten me
    All my brothers and sisters are older than me, which means I'm treated as the baby of the family (and have to put up with endless jokes about being chaperoned by them when I go on dates :rolleyes:) but it's pretty fun really. And you always have someone to talk to who won't judge you or criticise. I like having brothers and sisters and I wouldn't have it any other way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    My sister walked in on me ******* and is now creating an internet drama about it.
    Woah! This isn't your sister, is it? http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/s....php?t=1347722

ReputationRep:
    just thought of something else to add.... my sister is even more annoying because despite being 7 years younger (shes 13) shes taller than me! quite considerably so... my highest pair of heels on and im still shorter than her
    they pick on me because of it my sister calls me her little sister, but im not im older! ggrr!! lol

and being the youngest she gets away with murder, and always gets what she wants...

i always wanted an older brother... when i was little i was really close to my best friend, she used to buy my mum "to someone like a mother to me" cards on mothers day, she had 2 older brothers, they were kind of like brothers to me when we were all at primary school... my first day i fell over and grazed my face, and the younger of her brothers picked me up and carried in inside
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-pixie-lottie-x)
    just thought of something else to add.... my sister is even more annoying because despite being 7 years younger (shes 13) shes taller than me! quite considerably so... my highest pair of heels on and im still shorter than her
    they pick on me because of it my sister calls me her little sister, but im not im older! ggrr!! lol
    Same here! I'm 18, and my 16-year-old sister is a couple of inches taller than me (and is sometimes mistaken to be older than me as well), and my 15-year-old sister is just taller than me by a half inch or so. And my 13-year-old sister is suddenly very nearly the same height as me now, after I used to call her a midget last year, lol. Funny when that happens, eh?

ReputationRep:
    I'm one of six and i've only ever met 3 of my siblings i see two of them twice a year (they are married with kids)

the other lives with me, she's a lil **** at times, atleast she cleans my room for me =). apart from that, i see her like 2 - 3 times a week or when ever i go home.

It's not all bad, shes 3 yrs younger than me and has a BF 2 years older, i get a lil bit protective at times. lucky my missus likes her new bf... hes still better than the last one XD

ReputationRep:
    its great till they get into their teens, then they just get damn rude. Being an only child would be boring though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Same here! I'm 18, and my 16-year-old sister is a couple of inches taller than me (and is sometimes mistaken to be older than me as well), and my 15-year-old sister is just taller than me by a half inch or so. And my 13-year-old sister is suddenly very nearly the same height as me now, after I used to call her a midget last year, lol. Funny when that happens, eh?
    Dnt worry boss there'l always be a midgit to sum1! be sides you can get pills to make you grow nowdays! ask your doctor about Dwarfism!

to be PC you have to say there Verticly challenged!

ReputationRep:
    I feel your pain :emo:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure to be honest- I've got a 15 year old brother and he can be a nightmare to live with at times, but at times I'm not sure what I'd do without him, life at home seems much less interesting when you haven't got someone near your own age to piss around with

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.