Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidcy147)
    Please don't. Your name will become "The person who brought a treadmill.". Just run outside or join the university gym.
    No. Please do it! Which uni are you going to, out of interest OP? You will NEVER live it down. For years, people will speak of your insanity. You will be a legend.

ReputationRep:
    Just join the uni gym.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going til next year anyway...why is it so weird?! I don't understand.

ReputationRep:
    I would lol so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xblueprints)
    Because if you want to run, do it outside or join a gym.. there's not going to be enough space in your room for a treadmill.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you run outdoors, it's much more fun.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm well I really don't see what's so weird about it...it's normal for me at home? I'd rather be heard running than be heard getting laid and all the other stuff you guys said you hear..

ReputationRep:
    Coz people at uni pick up hard and fast on anything that's 'unusual' and 'not done' by the average person. Hardly anyone would even think of trying to fit a treadmill into their room! I can see where you're coming from, I'm just saying, be prepared for the comments...

P.S. The idea of not bringing it straight to Freshers, but a few weeks after (if you can survive a little break from it) is a GREAT idea :yep: Coz then it's not like it's your identity (no one else knows anything about you except you brought the treadmill...) you could just tell a white lie and pretend it was just a decision you had just made. And then explain as you've done to us now - you felt like it would be easier for you than going to the gym, as you have the freedom of running then and there in your room

ReputationRep:
    When I saw this I thought it was going to be a joke thread.

ReputationRep:
    No. There will be a uni gym most probably.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it would fit in most uni rooms. They are small.
    Just go to a Uni with good gym facilities.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    The treadmill will be the size of your room mate..

ReputationRep:
    Do exercise bikes make less noise? I don't mind joining the gym but running is a sort of release if I'm stressed or angry, I like having the freedom of it being in my room :/
    Isn't that the opposite of freedom?
    Also, you say you don't care about being heard running... BUT IT WILL ANNOY OTHER PEOPLE!

ReputationRep:
    The only worry I'd have is size. Every uni varies, maybe you could see pictures on your uni's website, but most don't have that much floor space, especially the newer and en-suite ones.

Luckily a lot of uni's offer cheap gym usage to students, so you could use that instead.

Don't worry too much about what people say, it's not like you are disrupting flatmates so it doesn't matter. People bring all sorts of things.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be stupid, leave it at home!!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Wow. Go for a run outside and get some fresh air in your lungs or join the gym and socialize.

ReputationRep:
    Uni gyms are cheap do that!

ReputationRep:
    Don't take it. Join a gym.

ReputationRep:
    My first thought was it's gonna take you ages to get to uni on a treadmill!

But in seriousness if you are on an upper floor it may piss the people below off it they can hear u running

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.