WANTED: A platonic male friend Watch

Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Since when was Inception a 'badass' guy film?!
Anonymous #2
Report 8 years ago
OP I totally agree with you. I have very few girl friends who are COOL and like to play games/watch or read sci fi/just chill. I have more platonic male friends and thank god for that! And yes, I am straight and I am fit before anyone asks. Just not the standard brainless Twilight follower whose main concern of the day is ''OMG I've lost my favorite eye liner! PANIC''
Bbeben
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Cloudrunner)
I want a male friend more than anything right about now. I love my girl friends but guys are so much more fun sometimes! From paintballing to playstationing, hanging out with lads is just more my scene than trailing around the shops with girls.

I am feminine and like to shop too - its just that Call of Duty outranks New Look for me. Also I dont understand manicuring and pedicuring. FYI I can damn well paint my nails myself. How can people justify paying to get your toes done? My god, there is no excuse unless you cant reach, in which case perhaps a gym membership is better? Just a thought.

I want to be able to chat away without worrying about signs and signals. Why can't you just be friendly without people reading things into it?

E.G. - If you want to text your man friend, but worry it will look like you're chasing him

or

You want to go to see Inception and have a burger because no one can enjoy these badass films with you quite like he can, but then if you suggest it query whether it will look like a date!

Minefield! haha!

My excitement was like a declinig graph. It was high a t first seeing how you were interested in some boyish things, but then you were putting off feminine activities and increasingly wanting to do more guy things. You may possibly become a crossdresser someday.

If you were a girl that was interested in COD, but still loved all those feminine things then that would be cool
Bbeben
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
Since when was Inception a 'badass' guy film?!
Since....

NOW :L
marijuanahero
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I want a male friend more than anything right about now. I love my girl friends but guys are so much more fun sometimes! From paintballing to playstationing, hanging out with lads is just more my scene than trailing around the shops with girls.

I am feminine and like to shop too - its just that Call of Duty outranks New Look for me. Also I dont understand manicuring and pedicuring. FYI I can damn well paint my nails myself. How can people justify paying to get your toes done? My god, there is no excuse unless you cant reach, in which case perhaps a gym membership is better? Just a thought.

I want to be able to chat away without worrying about signs and signals. Why can't you just be friendly without people reading things into it?

E.G. - If you want to text your man friend, but worry it will look like you're chasing him

or

You want to go to see Inception and have a burger because no one can enjoy these badass films with you quite like he can, but then if you suggest it query whether it will look like a date!

Minefield! haha!
Find a gay man. Otherwise, it isn't happening. Unless you're an absolute hound. Although, in which case, I wouldn't be seen with you in public anyway.
ameliesmith
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
must be a lesbian... :P xx
yanyanyan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Guys are fun to hang out with, true, but not all girls are girly girls. I love my ps3 and paintballing etc, except I also love girly stuff and cute things. Stop generalising, and go out and meet more people.
aeterno
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I tend to get on with guys more than girls for the reasons you've stated but you, quite frankly, sound a bit too desperate in wanting a male friend :lolwut:

Don't decide your friends based on gender or you're pretty much screwed (not in a good way...)
Indieboohoo
Report 8 years ago

or

Minefield! haha!
It's like you described me I tend to like doing "male" things but I'm not a girly girl either I love action than sitting on my bum painting my nails.
But I am girly I wear make up and wear clothes which flatter my figure. I do like pampering myself sometimes and do girly things just not all the time.
9MmBulletz
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
girls who have more male than female friends depicts someone who isn't liked by her own sex, and over 9000 guys thinking "they're in".
It always ends up like that, while the girl drops the "lets just be friends speech" one by one to each guy who thinks they're in
PapaShmurff
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You sound cool (Y)
Tucking Fypo
Badges: 2
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Doyle&TheFourFathers)
you sound too boyish for me, and i'm technically a boy
Technically? :unsure:
M1F2R3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There are loads of men who will be your friend, trust me :sexface:
khaa9666
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
can we play spot teenage angst

can we

can we

aaaaw pleeeeeeeease
ourlastmemory
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Get one then. It's not that frigging difficult :lolwut:
Melanie-v
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Not all girls are pure girly pink fluff. I'd love to go paintballing etc., but there's no point suggesting it at home because I know I wouldn't find enough girls for it. Now Gokarting, that's wonderful.
NikNakWakAtak
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Inception
:yep:
HarryisI
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I feel bad for you. You will never feel true bromance.
Tam_Diman
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Instantly friend-zone someone :yep:
mathew551
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
K, let's go.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (17)
94.44%
No (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads