Advice please: Boob jobs- POLL INCLUDED! Watch

Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
I'm pear shaped, and am a B cup. I'm a little annoyed actually that you have such a problem with your figure.
This isn't a girl with B cup looking to go up toa D cup. This is 32AA (as flat as you can get) looking to actually have breasts.

For the OP:-
Those who have commented on what the NHS will and won't do typically know sod all. I can say with certainty that the NHS would fund this sort of breast implantation because with 32AA breast thre is significant risk that a woman could not breast feed successfully for one, and for two if it is out of keeping with body habitus it is judged to be abnormal (and not just part of the spectrum of breast sizes).

However, as others have commented it IS major surgery, and especially going from very small (32AA) you have much higher chances of a 'bad' result than someone with already larger boobs who are uber-inflating them (B to D for instance)
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Thanks Jamie. I didn't realise that being smaller naturally could cause more problems. I've done some research and decided that I would only want a full B cup. Would that be better than going to something like a D?

Yes. My boyfriend always comments when I watch those plastic surgery programmes - channel 4's the ugly face of beauty is currently my fave programme atm - you may find it helpful. But I digress, yeah, my boyfriend says he'd much rather I be a B cup and natural than a C/D cup and fake. He hates fake boobs.
Thanks for the tip about the programme- I'll have a look for it on 4oD.

How would he feel about AA to B though?
Flibbles
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm of the opinion that if it boosts a girls confidence, then it can only be a good thing.

If I can touch 'em, they're real - that just about sums up my thoughts on them. Don't go too big though else you won't get the natural look you're after.
Nasher and Basher
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
She could always go for the body fat breast increase, instead of the implants for the natural look
(:Becca(:
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Do it.
Definitely do it.
hollo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Personally I find the attitude towards plastic surgery held by most people in the country to be really depressing and in general it bothers me that people seem to use it as a 'fix' to make their lives better. However in your case it sounds like there are deepset self esteem problems that are resulting from your body. I feel like maybe the issue is greater than it initially appears and I think that if you really are serious about it then it would probably be in your best interests to go for an enlargement to a natural looking size that is fitting with the rest of your body. Don't let your impression of what men would prefer influence the size that you go for but best of luck, I think it would probably be a positive step for you to take.
Anonymous #2
Report 8 years ago
The question i have is that if you have this proceedure done and feel happy about that, will you then feel that something else is wrong and then want to get that sorted leading to an on going thing?

You should do what you feel comfortable with, find people that have had it done for the same reasons as you have explained and see how it worked out for them to make the best desicion, not ask people on here as blokes (usually but not all of them) just make stupid comments and ladies will have an opinion but unless they have been through it cant give informed help.

So i hope that you make the correct desicion for you and that you get what you need from it.
kellybee
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by py0alb)
hell no. would you date a guy with pec implants?
yes.

OP, boob jobs are given bad names by the katie price's of this word; going up to a B or C cup will look natural and if it improves your self esteem then its definitely something you should seriously consider. :yep:
TShadow383
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kellybee)
yes.

OP, boob jobs are given bad names by the katie price's of this word; going up to a B or C cup will look natural and if it improves your self esteem then its definitely something you should seriously consider. :yep:
This is also very much true - inflated balloon tits = not attractive.
So long as it looks (and feels, tbh) natural, it's all good :p:
Just make sure you do your research first and you'll be fine
NatalieMT
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you go on the NHS website and read up on breast enlargements they will only fund surgery if the appearance of the persons breasts is causing 'significant psychological distress' ie a psychiatrist agrees the problem is affecting your mental health. I believe assymetry of 1 cup size or more, congenital abnormality, male breasts etc also fall under the category where NHS surgery is considered. I don't think it's going to be as easy to get funding as you make it seem OP. Breast size has little bearing on ability to breast feed aswell, it's whether the milk glands are developed or not. So it's not like that makes any difference to eligibility either. I too also have a problem with the NHS performing cosmetic surgery unless absolutely necessary. I think the money could be better spent elsewhere. Obviously though that's just my opinion. In terms of private surgery who am I to say what people shouldn't spend their own money on.

I'm not saying if you feel you need/want the surgery and are well informed you shouldn't try to explore all your options but no one would want you to make a hasty decision. I think you should consider counselling to see if you can improve your self esteem without surgery before you rush into anything. After all avoiding a GA, possible complications and effectively having a foreign body put into your chest has got to have some positives.

I'm 5ft 9, 28/30 AA now, just straight up and down. Most people would tell me to 'go for it' when it came down to getting a boob job but there has to come a point in life where you just accept the way you are. I used to have larger breasts but then due to massive weight loss associated with Crohn's disease I totally shrunk, but that just meant I had to adapt. I suppose I do look a bit disproportioned but many people do in one way or another. At the end of the day though your body is your body, you're the one who has to live with it so you have to be happy.
barbie*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You're not exactly looking to get huge boobs and be a glamour model or something. It really sounds like you're doing it for the right reasons and your body does sound a bit out of proportion if you waist and boobs have shrunk in comparisum to the rest of you. I think you should definitely seriously consider it, but as everyone else has said, it's major surgery so make sure you know the risks.

I'm sure with that tiny waist with B or C boobs you'll have a lovely hourglass figure! If it makes you happy go for it! And also nobody will know they're fake (unless they knew you before) as you're only getting small implants. Good luck, let us know what you decide! x
pinkmonkey3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If it's going to help your confidence then go for it. I have a friend who has hormone problems, and has to take hormone treatments for her to grow and develop properly and she was offered this too. but maybe wait a while until sure, you never know, you might learn to accept yourself first.
Smile88egc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you're worried about being able to breast feed then surgery is possibly the worst option as this will reduce any chance you have even further, implants don't come with milk glands!
I am also of the camp that think this kind of surgery shouldn't be funded by the tax payer, think about it this way, your boobs could be someone else's cancer drugs. I wouldn't be able to live with myself, why can't you pay for it yourself?
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Honestly, if you think it would make a considerable difference to your self confidence then do it. There's nothing wrong with plastic surgery IMO if it's done for genuine reasons. :dontknow:
amobe
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I advise you to be quite certain beforehand that you won't feel self-conscious afterwards because of your 'fake breasts'. Request info about previous cases?
Carpediemxx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sounds like all good reasons for you to have one done. If your being offered then go for it! it will change your life for the better from the little i know about you
MaddyGee
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm pear shaped, and am a B cup. I'm a little annoyed actually that you have such a problem with your figure.
I'm also annoyed that you say such a thing when she wants to get to be YOU; pear shaped with a B cup. Why should she have to remain flat chested? Would you be annoyed if someone with a cleft lip had a problem with their appearance?

Go for it if you want, girl. I remember on the Sex Education show ALL the boys and girls opted for the fake boobs over any other. This really surprised me, but hey, maybe it means attitudes are changing?
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I usually feel a bit iffy about plastic surgery, because I often feel that most people who do it don't really need it. But then reading your story, really reminded me of a story I read in a magazine before, about a young woman who was pretty much going through the same thing as you. It had pictures of her breasts before (less than AA cup, pretty much completely flat), and after (B cup), and I think she definitely looked better after, and they weren't fake looking either. She'd also had a problem with self-esteem which was improved after her surgery.

So, good luck with what you decide, I really don't think it's a bad idea
Anonymous #3
Report 8 years ago
Happened to see this thread and decided to reply as my body type sounds very similar to yours . I was totally androgynous, used to barely fill a 32AA, my confidence was rock bottom and although I never had any problem with boys or looking good in what I wore (i just styled myself on ginta lapina, freja beha erichsen etc), I was in tears a lot, and the light teasing I got really upset me. It got to the stage where I wouldn't go on holiday with my friends because I couldn't bear anyone to see me in a bikini or not fully clothed, I was terrified of getting a boyfriend, looking at lingerie was just depressing, my posture was TERRIBLE, and I spent more and more time at home on my own.
I spent my entire savings on breast implants (only to a C) at a very good private clinic with a renowned surgeon, and mine do look and feel real. Boobs will only not feel real if there isn't enough tissue to support the implants (and technology is becoming more advanced all the time) and your surgeon would talk you through all of this. For example, tear drop shape are more natural than round implants, the fillings have changed so now there are other options, not just saline and silicone, they can be under the muscle for us very flat chested girls, as well as a lot of other things
It's perhaps not moral to go round proclaiming that breast implants are brilliant, but they really did turn my life around. I've never been happier with myself and my confidence has been sky high since. I made sure to wear gel bras and baggy clothing for months pre-op, and nobody has noticed a difference.
I really hope this doesn't sound like I'm trying to boast or make myself look good - I've just tried to be as honest as possible. I have not told ANYONE (hence being anon) about the surgery, only my parents who were very supportive of me. I say, if it's what you want to do, go for it. Good luck!
digitalis
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Finally, to girls who have had boob jobs: do they look natural and does it make your boobs feel hard?
I've been with a girl who had a boob job. They most definitely did not look normal and they felt like rocks! And she had sub-pectoral implants which are supposed to be the more 'natural' type. You could tell a mile off she had a boob job.

Plus, unless you go for one of the newer surgical approaches (transumbilical or axillary) you have quite obvious scars at the bases of your breasts.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (153)
18.24%
No (510)
60.79%
Not really bothered about them (176)
20.98%

Watched Threads