Turn on thread page Beta

Am I still a virgin? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by failingatm)
    WELL HOW WOULD THEY FIND OUT IF HER CHERRY HAS POPPED OR NOT? Are they gonna do it themselves? ask her husband if it popped?
    Even within the UK there are cultures where these are real concerns, and where women increasingly opt for a hymen reconstruction surgery (seriously) to ensure that husbands feel a resistance and that there is bleeding on the wedding night. Talk of a future arranged marriage suggests that this girl is likely from a culture like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    She thinks that if she gets an arranged marriage, she is expected to be a virigin. Might cause trouble if the husband turns nasty about it.
    Wait... what is she? a muslim? Well she's not doing a good job if she getting anal is she? Seriously... if you're worried. Just stop.

ReputationRep:
    I guess but if you're doing all of that stuff you may as well go and do the whole she-bang because inevitably she is not conforming to what is planned for her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    Even within the UK there are cultures where these are real concerns, and where women increasingly opt for a hymen reconstruction surgery (seriously) to ensure that husbands feel a resistance and that there is bleeding on the wedding night. Talk of a future arranged marriage suggests that this girl is likely from a culture like this.
    That's stupid IMO. Not everyone bleeds when they pop their cherry. Its an old tradition to be honest but yeah it still exsists. If OPs gf is worried about being a virgin she should just stop now.

ReputationRep:
    Why does it matter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Socialite)
    But the hymen can be broken in any number of ways e.g. with a large tampon, physical activity such as horseriding, with a vibrator, and some girls are actually born without hymens...

So if she had sex 'for the first time' and didn't bleed, it wouldn't prove she wasn't a virgin.
    True, but you don't think that that kind of reasoning is going to work with virgin fetishists, do you?

Reminds me of the joke:

There was once a very rich man who was obsessed about deflowering and marrying a virgin. Being patient as well as wealthy, he arranged at considerable expense for a 12-year-old orphan girl to be raised by monks in a remote mountain hermitage. In six years, as soon as she turned 18, he took her from the hermitage and married her.

As they prepared for bed on their wedding night, the wealthy man took out a tube of lubricant. "What's that?" his new bride asked.

"It's something that will make my penis slippery, so it won't be painful inside you," the man replied.

"Oh, just use some saliva," the girl said. "That's what all the monks did."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    Yeah, I'm going to say "no" to telling her parents about the bum fun.
    Oh whyy she should and then he'll tell us how it went. *subscribes to thread*

It's a ridiculous situation all the same. If she decides she is living in 2010 after all and wants to have sex, she should go all the way, at least doing it the right way so she can actually have the pleasure from it. To me, it sounds like the OP has strongly hinted he wants to do it, she feels pressured, and goes "*sigh* do it in the bum, so I can still be married away"
    If she doesn't believe in sex before marriage, she shouldn't have taken it in the ass. Simples dimples.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what I should do, it's kind of fustrating for me too as I know she isn't enjoying anal, and for that reason we don't do it much :\
    Why the **** are you doing it if she doesn't enjoy it? You could at least do oral together or other things she might enoy. Jeez.

Also: even if she was a virgin, her hymen could have broken by itself anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by campy)
    Why the **** are you doing it if she doesn't enjoy it? You could at least do oral together or other things she might enoy. Jeez.

Also: even if she was a virgin, her hymen could have broken by itself anyway.
    Lolz.

ReputationRep:
    does she actually WANT to have an arranged marriage? [which doesn't look likely from here tbh]. if she doesn't then all the better if she isn't a virgin. it's 2010 i'm sure she's allowed to make up her own mind.

ReputationRep:
    ahh the hypocrisy of a technicality

technically yes shes a virgin

in actual no shes not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GatsbyCrazy)
    We do everything except actual sex, including oral. Meh, I dunno, she suggests anal; probably doesn't want me to feel like I'm missing out No but you're right, it's not fair on her.
    She's one hell of a girlfriend. Can'tshe just blame the lack of hymen on tampons or something? Clearly she wants to have sex.

ReputationRep:
    rules are rules, and if no **** has entered her vagina, then she is still a virgin.
    but rules and laws are not everything. there is also the spirit of the rule/law to consider.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EssRidge)
    True, but you don't think that that kind of reasoning is going to work with virgin fetishists, do you?

Reminds me of the joke:

There was once a very rich man who was obsessed about deflowering and marrying a virgin. Being patient as well as wealthy, he arranged at considerable expense for a 12-year-old orphan girl to be raised by monks in a remote mountain hermitage. In six years, as soon as she turned 18, he took her from the hermitage and married her.

As they prepared for bed on their wedding night, the wealthy man took out a tube of lubricant. "What's that?" his new bride asked.

"It's something that will make my penis slippery, so it won't be painful inside you," the man replied.

"Oh, just use some saliva," the girl said. "That's what all the monks did."

You funny person

You're both virgins.
    I'd be more worried about her talking about getting married to another man in the future.

(Original post by Strawberrycayk)
    You funny person

You're both virgins.
    I'd be more worried about her talking about getting married to another man in the future.
    We've been toghther for 8 months and we're both 18. It could happen; better to face reality.

ReputationRep:
    You're ******* an 18 year old and (presumably) South Asian woman up the bum.

Life could be a sight worse than that, Tarby.

ReputationRep:
    Keep anon.

Ok, well me and my girlfriend have been seeing each other for about 8 months now and the only sex we've had is anal. We'd done everything else too except actual intercourse, the reason for this is her parents and culture, if it wasn't for that we would have had sex by now. Basically, she doesn't want to lose her virginity incase later on she gets an arrange marriage and she thinks if she's not a virgin she'll get in trouble or whatever.

So yeah, question's in the title...
    In answer to your question, I'd say no you're not still a virgin, but maybe she can still be classed as one. If you were still a virgin then wouldn't a high percentage of gay men be "virgins" forever?

ReputationRep:
    Of course you're still a virgin! It doesn't count unless you find the right hole.

Although since some people use the phrase "anal virginity", I guess you're no longer an anal virgin. Hurrah.

ReputationRep:
    We've been toghther for 8 months and we're both 18. It could happen; better to face reality.
    Hmm okay true, but honestly, a hymen can break without sexual intercourse. And if her future husband has a problem with that then she should show him the door because it's a silly thing to make a fuss out of, and I'm sure he'll be equally concerned about her having any kind of sexual contact with another man. Virgin or not.

Your girlfriend is retarded.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2010
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.