Can you be too good for a course (A102)? Watch

Gizmo!
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
although, i'm not advocating cheating the system, i'm saying use that system if you qualify.

dont deprive some kid who really needed it of that place.
DA123
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
Hey

Like the person who started the thread I was considering applying to the foundation course as I think my AS results will not be straight A's.
But can you apply for 4 medical schools and Southampton as your 5th, or can you apply for three 5 year medical schools, and then the 6 year (Southampton) course?
Fusilero
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by doivid)
If you are capable of studying medicine without a foundation year then if you did get rejected from all your four choices then you could simply apply again in a years time (and hopefully receive an offer). You will have essentially lost no time over the foundation course because people studying the foundation course will be studying during your gap year.
It is most definitely NOT safer. The number of applicants/place are much higher, I have a cousin who went in through this method.
doivid
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Fusilero)
It is most definitely NOT safer. The number of applicants/place are much higher, I have a cousin who went in through this method.
I was just telling the OP to apply to four standard medical courses and then if they got rejected, then they could apply to four standard medical courses the year after and would have lost no time over foundation applicants. I was trying to tell them that they might as well not apply for the foundation course.
nazirard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
the number of applicants for bm5 is 5000 where 350 get in. number of applicants for bm6 is 650 where about 30-45 get in. U DO THE MATH.
Most of the applicants applying will have lots of A's at a level. it's still very competetive.
Gizmo!
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
well said, Nazi.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?