Turn on thread page Beta

Which Cambridge college most popular to medicine applicants? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It could be lupus)
    12 in each year though they gave out 13 offers to those finished first year and to the future freshers. One person never turned up last year :dontknow:
    Ah, sorry-my bad. I was going on what was said on the tour round King's-they said the atmosphere's sometimes a bit tense in the colleges with bigger medic intakes, because the year is big enough for unofficial "teams" to form and start competing with each other............and Caius and Trinity were given as examples. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schtim)
    Ah, sorry-my bad. I was going on what was said on the tour round King's-they said the atmosphere's sometimes a bit tense in the colleges with bigger medic intakes, because the year is big enough for unofficial "teams" to form and start competing with each other............and Caius and Trinity were given as examples. :dontknow:
    Well we do have quite a large amount of medics, more so than Kings. And yes it would be big enough to form groups, however my year doesn't do that. We tended to share about notes, and do revision meet ups to check answers for past papers. I found we had a close group and a good working environment which wasn't that tense. If anything, we worked really to compete against the other colleges (We came top this year for medicine).

I think Emma and Caius would be the best example for colleges that form competitive groups between the medics who try to out do each other

ReputationRep:
    Hiya guys!! I'm thinking of applying to kings college, really liked it on openday!!! However I didn't get a chance to talk to the admission tutor, there was a LONG queue....

What is their admission policy like???

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 8, 2010

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.