Turn on thread page Beta

I want to lose 4" off my stomach in two months. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    There are a lot of calories in milk OP if u don't include it it's a serious underestimate, also if ur a vegitarian then i suggest getting protein shakes and having 2-3 a day as u'd have to eat loads of nuts and eggs which would also include loads of fats so ur not really getting high protein/low fat nutrition. This is not confusing honestly!!
    I'll put it in simple terms

- get ur bodyweight in pounds (post here cz ur calorie intake is confusing) multiply it by 15 and then take away 500-700 calories. Weigh urself at the end of every week if ur not losing weight drop more calories.
    - Figure out how many times u can reasonably eat in a day (4-5 for me) and then divide cal intake by this number, eat every 2-3 hours.
    - being a vegetarian, invest in protein powder, if u can afford, one whey, one casein. Casein for meals, Whey for preworkout, 80%whey 20% casein for postworkout. Take shake at every meal if u can afford INCLUDE these calories and use water so ur not having excess calories, milk can be taken postworkout u need the sugar.
    - Weights before cardio, if u want just do cardio on non-workout days for longer doesn't have to be HIIT.
    - Limit sugar! use complex carbs as they fill u up more (rice, wholemeal bread, brown pasta, oats) pretty much anything brown lol.

This is all i can think of for now post ur weight and ur planned calorie intake and i'll help with diet if I can

ReputationRep:
    Oh one more thing reducing calories too low will put body in starvation mode resulting in slower metabolism and useless weight loss usually from lean body mass NOT GOOD!!! anything under 1000cals is bad IMO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanBear92)
    This is all i can think of for now post ur weight and ur planned calorie intake and i'll help with diet if I can
    Well my current weight is around 145 pounds, I think I can probably eat 4 or 5 times a day, max. I think the protein powder may be taking it a bit too far for me though, I don't want to bulk up a ton :P

ReputationRep:
    Protein powder won't bulk u up, protein powder will get u ur necessary intake for the day.

Simple terms-
    Bulking = more calories in than out
    Cutting = more calories out than in

That's all u need to know about that taking shakes won't make u weigh more or get bigger u will however repair ur muscles which is what u want

ReputationRep:
    At 145lb I don't really wna recommend cutting lol :| how do u have a 37 inch waist?? What's ur height?

ReputationRep:
    Well ethics aside lol lets say to maintain weight u need 2200 calories, so u wna be getting about 1500-1700 calories a day to drop 1.5-2lb a week

ReputationRep:
    At 145lb I don't really wna recommend cutting lol :| how do u have a 37 inch waist?? What's ur height?
    Yeah I was about to ask...I'm 160lb and have a 34 inch waist. I'm working on getting down to maybe 32/30.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5" 8'. O.o

ReputationRep:
    And yet ur only 145lb :s that's a thinker lol anyways u must have a small lean body mass so weightlifting should be ur top priority over the cardio, start training for an hour instead of 30 minutes the lack of LBM must have something to do with ur protein defficiency i would highly recommend protein powder, also get a beginners weights program, someone else please recommend a good one because i've never been a fan of beginner workouts myself.
    Apart from this 500-700 cals under maintenance should result in weight loss.

ReputationRep:
    your 145 lb and u have a 37 waist????? D:

I find that so hard to believe lol
    I am 5'9 and have a 34 waist and weight 180 lb xD

For breakfast I used to eat cereal, but I have switched it for oatmeal
    protein shake during weightlifting days and some creatine powder.

As for dinner and lunch mostly chicken or tuna, salads and brown pasta :>

ReputationRep:
    Urgh... I can feel my love handles...

Yeah I just remeasured myself, I'm actually more around 35" now... I lost about 2" in a week because I started running instead of rowing.

Thanks for all your advice guys, I'm going to start doing cardio/weights on seperate days and go to the gym 6 times a week. What would be a healthy goal if I was to keep this up for about 7 weeks? Is a 30" waist attainable?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2010
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.