Ahmadinejad predicts US strikes within next three months. Watch

bunty64
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
A strike within the next three months? It seems doubtful without more information. There's been no formal confrontation as of yet, so I have no evidence to back up this claim.
the sanctions are confrontation enough... they are on the last round of sanctions.. iranians are not budging and the americans will have to act after this as they will just lose face..

you don't think the strikes will happen at all, or just some while later?
MonsterMash
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Stalin)
There's nothing about it on the BBC, but yes, a strike is inevitable.

I highly doubt the Americans/Israelis will strike any other Middle Eastern countries, in fact, I cannot see it happening whatsoever.

The United Kingdom will do exactly as the United States says because of this idiotic perception that both of our nations share a 'special relationship'. The United Kingdom will be dragged into it, you can bet your bottom dollar on that.
The special relationship is nothing more than securing Britain's placement in the ever evolving world. By siding up to America we're like the best mate of the bully who holds victims hands behind their back as the big guy punches them in the face. But it keeps Britain on top, and playing with the superpowers.
Folderol
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This man smokes crack.
Folderol
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by bunty64)
Sure he has his bad points which we in the christian west don't agree with, but I respect him for standing up to america/zionism.... whereas our gov continues to lick arse!
So you respect someone who is the face of a tyrannical regime which stones, kills and suppresses freedom? Someone who denies the Holocaust? For what? Because he says bad things about America and Zionism. Good move. :rolleyes: And this is nothing to do with the "Christian" West - its to do with human dignity and minimal respect for it.
bunty64
Rep:
?
(Original post by bigmo7)
These fresh sanctions are going to hurt the ordinary Iranian even though they always claim to try to avoid this. America's tried it all but it doesn't seem to be working at all, problem is that if they do try a strike then it will just give the Iranian government grounds to pour more money into attacking American and British troops in Iraq/Afghanistan.

agree and it will give rise to a whole bunch of other islamic jihadi extremist groups.... the british/american troops will see their jobs become a whole lot harder in iraq/afghansitan/ME if iran is attacked.
bunty64
Rep:
?
(Original post by Folderol)
So you respect someone who is the face of a tyrannical regime which stones, kills and suppresses freedom? Someone who denies the Holocaust? For what? Because he says bad things about America and Zionism. Good move. :rolleyes:
ahhh.... the scary man says bad things! LOL! grow a spine....

he just doesn't like being pushed around and beiing told what to do by outsiders..

As I said previously, we in the christian west don't approve of his views, stoning/killing etc, but I for one respect his stance against american zionism, when all the other countries in the ME bow down (and our gov continues to lick arse!)
bunty64
Rep:
?
So you respect someone who is the face of a tyrannical regime which stones, kills and suppresses freedom? Someone who denies the Holocaust? For what? Because he says bad things about America and Zionism. Good move. :rolleyes: And this is nothing to do with the "Christian" West - its to do with human dignity and minimal respect for it.
I refer to to the christian west, because in the islamic east the iranian laws are generally accepted as part of islamic law... it is not something which is seen is barbaric (even though the country itself may not have such strict islamic laws in place)
Folderol
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
ahhh.... the scary man says bad things! LOL! grow a spine....

he just doesn't like being pushed around and beiing told what to do by outsiders..
Great. Does that mean we ignore all the murderous and backward actions he represents? Would you stand up for Kim Jong Ill as well for standing up against the "Christian West"? Are you going to ignore that he keeps his people locked up?

As I said previously, we in the christian west don't approve of his views, stoning/killing etc, but I for one respect his stance against american zionism, when all the other countries in the ME bow down (and our gov continues to lick arse!)
Stop talking about the "Christian West" - people who care about human rights in any part of the world disapprove of the regime.
Folderol
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I refer to to the christian west, because in the islamic east the iranian laws are generally accepted as part of islamic law... it is not something which is seen is barbaric (even though the country itself may not have such strict islamic laws in place)
It doesn't matter if a regime doesn't see it as barbaric - it is barbaric. And are you seriously telling me what the Iranian regime does is part of its culture? I'll let Democracy bash your head over for this ignorant statement.

(Original post by Democracy)
x
bunty64
Rep:
?
(Original post by jakemittle)
America are fighting in Afghanistan, Iraq and then there is the situation with North Korea...you REALLY think they have the legs to fight in another war?
If this whole thing is about Israel..then Israel should fight Iran not America :yep:

well for the americans it will be about striking various iranian locations from the air... they know of the possible affects an iranian strike will have on their war in iraq and afghanistan, but I guess it is vital for them to strike iran no matter what the cost.

america are staunch defenders of israel and for israel to attack iran, they would require the permission of america..
bunty64
Rep:
?
It doesn't matter if a regime doesn't see it as barbaric - it is barbaric. And are you seriously telling me what the Iranian regime does is part of its culture? I'll let Democracy bash your head over for this ignorant statement.
certain parts of the muslims east don't see our "democracy" as anythign special.. they see things differently... yes we may see it as barbaric but it is part of their islamic law......

whatever reasons islamic countries have stoning/killing as part of their laws for crimes, it's basis is in their islamic practice...
bigmo7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
:rofl:

I bet after I get back from the cinema this threads gonna have 100+ replies.
Predictably unpredictable
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
when Israel attacks Iran it will be the beginning of ww3
Magic_007
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Let's get this straight, the same excuse of Iraq having nuclear weapons is being re-used. Better to come up with a better excuse and please don't give me 'human rights', that's laughable!

I don't care if you're a supporter of the Iranian regime or not, the bottom line is Israel wants this war and I hope the U.K. does not become involved.
However, this scenario looks ever so unlikely because of the powerful Israeli lobby in the U.K.
jakemittle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
[/B]

well for the americans it will be about striking various iranian locations from the air... they know of the possible affects an iranian strike will have on their war in iraq and afghanistan, but I guess it is vital for them to strike iran no matter what the cost.

america are staunch defenders of israel and for israel to attack iran, they would require the permission of america..
I know, its stupid...America are fighting Israel's wars, for what? Israel has a strong army!
I guess they are smart though...why risk losing men in a war when you can get your dog to do it for you?
Folderol
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
certain parts of the muslims east don't see our "democracy" as anythign special.. they see things differently... yes we may see it as barbaric but it is part of their islamic law......whatever reasons islamic countries have stoning/killing as part of their laws for crimes, it's basis is in their islamic practice...
I am talking about Iran. I don't care if mutilating people is part of your "culture" its barbaric. I am not into this ridiculous cultural relatvism palava. It's no justification - and just so you know, stoning people is not part of the Iranian culture.

(Original post by bigmo7)
:rofl:

I bet after I get back from the cinema this threads gonna have 100+ replies.
Don't you just hate when the Muslims who suck up to the regime try to talk about Iranian culture?
bunty64
Rep:
?
Great. Does that mean we ignore all the murderous and backward actions he represents? Would you stand up for Kim Jong Ill as well for standing up against the "Christian West"? Are you going to ignore that he keeps his people locked up?

Stop talking about the "Christian West" - people who care about human rights in any part of the world disapprove of the regime.
oh come on! Don't be so bleedin naive! This has nothing to do with humanity and fighting oppression etc... it's basically down to the fact that iran are a threat to the dominance of american/isreali power in the region.. simple!

Well it seems the christian west are the ones who care so much about human rights and something which the islamic east are not too bothered about.

Essentially this has nothing to do with helping "oppressed people"! There are plenty of places where britain could be sending their armies to help the oppressed.... all to do with securing our own "interests"!
jakemittle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Magic_007)
Let's get this straight, the same excuse of Iraq having nuclear weapons is being re-used. Better to come up with a better excuse and please don't give me 'human rights', that's laughable!

I don't care if you're a supporter of the Iranian regime or not, the bottom line is Israel wants this war and I hope the U.K. does not become involved.
However, this scenario looks ever so unlikely because of the powerful Israeli lobby in the U.K.
And the fact that the UK will do anything that the US wants them to do? :P
bigmo7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Don't you just hate when the Muslims who suck up to the regime try to talk about Iranian culture?
Yup, as if they know so much about our culture and history. :sigh:
bunty64
Rep:
?
I am talking about Iran. I don't care if mutilating people is part of your "culture" its barbaric. I am not into this ridiculous cultural relatvism palava. It's no justification - and just so you know, stoning people is not part of the Iranian culture.

I'm not here debating the pros/cons of western/islamc laws...
Stoning people may not be part of iranian culture but it has become a part of it since it was introduced...
are you iranian? Is that why you getting a bit upset? No one is talking about "Iranian culture"...
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (151)
18.08%
No (509)
60.96%
Not really bothered about them (175)
20.96%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed