Ripped without supplements?? Watch

Scipio
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by joe_v91)
Some people dont know what they are talking about. If you drink Protein shakes studies show this can increase your muscle gains by DOUBLE. Apart from a good protein shake which shouldnt cost too much (try myprotein.co.uk) you dont need anything else except a good, varied diet and lots of carbs and protein
You're talking ****.
Goodkat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Some people dont know what they are talking about. If you drink Protein shakes studies show this can increase your muscle gains by DOUBLE. Apart from a good protein shake which shouldnt cost too much (try myprotein.co.uk) you dont need anything else except a good, varied diet and lots of carbs and protein
:toofunny:

Now that I'm taking 3 shakes a day, my muscles will be 6x bigger!:woo:
Libtolu
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by cowsforsale)
I hope you're not considering creatine. Stay away from those ******* steroids! I'm warning you now.
:lolwut: creatine aint steriods
The Blind Monk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They're trolling because they're bored and the question gets asked all the time.
joe_v91
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Scipio)
You're talking ****.
Well it can increase your GAINS by UP TO double if your drinking lots of protein shakes. Now im not saying everyones going to get double as big this would be only apply to the top end of the scale...probably applying to people whose diet is low in protein who have gained from the shakes. I didnt do the study i read it in Mens Health the other day
Goodkat
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well it can increase your GAINS by UP TO double if your drinking lots of protein shakes. Now im not saying everyones going to get double as big this would be only apply to the top end of the scale...probably applying to people whose diet is low in protein who have gained from the shakes. I didnt do the study i read it in Mens Health the other day
:toofunny:

If its in men's health, it must be true.

Also, everything you have posted in this topic has made me lol. Good job.
Goodkat
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Libtolu)
:lolwut: creatine aint steriods
You're right. Its much, MUCH worse!
Libtolu
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Goodkat)
please tell me your beung sarcastic or tell me why its worse.
Sakujo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
please tell me your beung sarcastic or tell me why its worse.
You don't know that creatine is really bad for you relative to steroids :facepalm2:
joe_v91
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Goodkat)
Creatines found in meat products so people who eat a lot of meat are getting high amounts of it anyway so how is it bad?
Goodkat
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It makes you grow another head, amongst other grizzly stuff. I heard someone took some to work once, then got fired and arrested for possession of a class A!
Libtolu
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Sakujo)
You don't know that creatine is really bad for you relative to steroids :facepalm2:
considering a lot of high level athletes take it as do many recreational lifters i fail to see how it can be so bad for you because otherwise they wouldn't use it now instead of being a mug all your life and responding with facepalms why don't you provide me with some reasons as to why it's bad for you and some sources to back them up?

Because i can give you many sources with evidence that it has advantages for athletes.
Sakujo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
considering a lot of high level athletes take it as do many recreational lifters i fail to see how it can be so bad for you because otherwise they wouldn't use it now instead of being a mug all your life and responding with facepalms why don't you provide me with some reasons as to why it's bad for you and some sources to back them up?

Because i can give you many sources with evidence that it has advantages for athletes.
Lol you fail hard. :facepalm:

Creatine can cause Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Kidney failure and has been linked to prostate cancer :facepalm2:

They say that even small amounts of Creatine can adversely effect kidney funtion and homeostasis function with regards to gluconeogenesis not to mention the possibility of extreme dehydration.

I can't believe you don't know this :facepalm2:
Libtolu
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Lol you fail hard. :facepalm:

Creatine can cause Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Kidney failure and has been linked to prostate cancer :facepalm2:

They say that even small amounts of Creatine can adversely effect kidney funtion and homeostasis function with regards to gluconeogenesis not to mention the possibility of extreme dehydration.

I can't believe you don't know this :facepalm2:

Sources?

And you do realise red meat contains creatine and the body produces it's own yeah?

So the risk is minimal at best, sprayin too much deoderant on can increase both male and female risks of breast cancer but i don't see everyone rushing to stop using deoderant. Alcohol causes kidney and liver problems but again people aren't stopping to worry about that.

Really all the problems you've mentioned are minor when considering the risk, it provides a minimal increase in risk but the benefits far outweigh the negatives you've more increased risk of harm by doing weights and dropping them on yourself then you have of getting prostate cancer from increased creatine ingestion personally if i have prostate cancer i will attribute it to sexual activity in my youth rather than creatine supplements this is for you :facepalm2:
Sakujo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sources?

And you do realise red meat contains creatine and the body produces it's own yeah?

So the risk is minimal at best, sprayin too much deoderant on can increase both male and female risks of breast cancer but i don't see everyone rushing to stop using deoderant. Alcohol causes kidney and liver problems but again people aren't stopping to worry about that.

Really all the problems you've mentioned are minor when considering the risk, it provides a minimal increase in risk but the benefits far outweigh the negatives you've more increased risk of harm by doing weights and dropping them on yourself then you have of getting prostate cancer from increased creatine ingestion personally if i have prostate cancer i will attribute it to sexual activity in my youth rather than creatine supplements this is for you :facepalm2:
:facepalm2:

Just too much fail.

The synthesised creatine is a different optical isomer to the natural stuff hence all the added side effects. Alchohol is a massive issue in society, I can't believe you don't know this either.

Oh and kidney failure is not a minor issue and prostate caner isn't linked to sexual activity :fyi: :facepalm:
Libtolu
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
:facepalm2:

Just too much fail.

The synthesised creatine is a different optical isomer to the natural stuff hence all the added side effects. Alchohol is a massive issue in society, I can't believe you don't know this either.

Oh and kidney failure is not a minor issue and prostate caner isn't linked to sexual activity :fyi: :facepalm:
I'll think you'll find new finding that show that large amounts of sexual activity before 25 or something has an effect on prostate cancer risks.

Obvs alcohol is a problem in society but that doesn't mean people wont drink it ebcause for them the benefits are higher than the downsides and yes synthesised creatine is a different isomer however the added side effects risk isn't a huge increase in risk to me a marginal increase does not outweigh the benefits of it and the same goes for pretty much all athletes who take it which is very high at the top level.

Take your disproportionate scaremongering elsewhere.

and again sources.
Sakujo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'll think you'll find new finding that show that large amounts of sexual activity before 25 or something has an effect on prostate cancer risks.
Lol can't even provide a source.

yes synthesised creatine is a different isomer however the added side effects risk isn't a huge increase in risk to me a marginal increase does not outweigh the benefits of it and the same goes for pretty much all athletes who take it which is very high at the top level.
Studies have shown a 20% increased risk of severe dehydration per mg increase of creatine.

Take your disproportionate scaremongering elsewhere.

and again sources.
Fine if you don't care about your kidneys.:rolleyes:
Libtolu
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Lol can't even provide a source.

Studies have shown a 20% increased risk of severe dehydration per mg increase of creatine.

Fine if you don't care about your kidneys.:rolleyes:
When you provide sources i'll provide sources.

Drink more water or electrolyte drinks to curb dehydration, caffienated drinks increase dehydration.

And i didn't say i didn't care about my kidneys you conceited prick but taking a small amount of creatine doesn't greatly increase the risks to your kidneys and the benefits far outweigh the risks for me.
rlw31
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Woah, someone got trolled hard...
hungryaardvark
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
the torso of a bodybuilder is like a condom stuffed with walnuts
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (257)
26.97%
No (696)
73.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise