Open University course--Molecules, Medicine and drugs? Worth doing? Watch

w04andia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm doing the course now. It's easily manageable, and very interesting. It's actually helping me with chemistry A2 now, in some parts.
I got it for free from my school (albeit with the threat that if we don't finish the course we have to pay the school back the £200+ that they paid for the course) Oh andi also have to give my course materials back to the school afterwards, seeing as it's technically theirs...:shifty:
But yeah, if you want to do it make sure that you have enough time. I chose to do mine over 5 months rather than 2, so i could do the bulk during the summer holidays. Now I'm nearly at the end and nearly ready to submit my assessment
best of luck xx
(Online)
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I do it! Its really interesting and not too hard so its easily managable. My school paid for it, but I get to keep my materials I'd say go for it, its not going to hurt your application.
Adalira
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I did a similar course, Human health and Genetics. It was very easy, very similar to A2 Biology which i did at the same time.
Didn't require much time at all, and was free because I did it during A levels.
When I went for an interview for Neuroscience at Manchester my interviewer said I was the first person he'd seen with an OU course (he ringed it along with my World Challenge expedition :woo: ). However my medicine interviewer didn't ask a single thing about it (though I still got an offer).
IMO they're a great thing to talk about and if you've got some spare time a great idea, especially as there's lots of small courses in different subjects you can take.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (114)
26.21%
No (321)
73.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise