Turn on thread page Beta

Living at home whilst going to uni? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    I live at home about twenty minutes to half an hour away from uni, and really quite like that. I'm not too far out, so I can still be social if I want (not that I do ... but it's an option), but my house is much nicer and my life suits me more living away from the uni. Means I get the best of both worlds!
    Thanks, yeah my house would be nicer than halls anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilynyc)
    True, but there are not many halls at the uni I want to go to so chances are I wouldn't get a room anyway

I hope to make friends and then move in with them in the 2nd year
    Well as long as you make the extra effort to get involved you should be fine Just join lots of clubs and make lots of friends, and make close enough friends that you can spend lots of time at their flat.

ReputationRep:
    i live at home.... i save up my student loans and my grants - so when i finish uni i will have a years rent and bills upfront - takes the pressure off when i need a job

I honestly do not feel like im missing out at all - if i stay out - i will stay over someones house at uni.....and it dosent cost me £70 a week - i live at home rent free (although do pay for everything - car etc myself)

if i did it all over again - i would still live at home!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSK08)
    i live at home.... i save up my student loans and my grants - so when i finish uni i will have a years rent and bills upfront - takes the pressure off when i need a job

I honestly do not feel like im missing out at all - if i stay out - i will stay over someones house at uni.....and it dosent cost me £70 a week - i live at home rent free (although do pay for everything - car etc myself)

if i did it all over again - i would still live at home!
    Hey thanks for replying!

Hopefully I won't feel like I am missing out either!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilynyc)
    Hey thanks for replying!

Hopefully I won't feel like I am missing out either!

no you wont miss out as long asyour willing to make the effort and join in with things..... dont forget 2nyear onwards most live out anyhow in houses..... so make the effort and go see them/party at their house and then crash there.

all good

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.