Florida Church plans "Burn a Qu'ran" day on 9/11/2010 Watch

This discussion is closed.
HumanNature1992
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Does this mean all Christians want to burn the Qur'an? :eek3:

NO just as how not all Muslims are terrorists and support the 9/11 attacks.
Hippysnake
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Too add fuel to this dumbdumb fire, Eid might also fall on this day.
vnupe
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mathew551)
Pretty much proves that some of these religions are destructive.

No it proves that misguided individuals under the guise of religion are destructive... One does not equal the other. There are plenty of people that follow these religions fervently that do not exhibit such behaviour, nor do they engage in such functions.
So to make that sweeping generalised statement, is paramount to throwing the baby out with the bathwater...
Phantom_X
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Karl-fresher2be)
ofcourse its related u dope they do alot worse than us burning a book ..
You can't be serious.

Yeah, perhaps in Iran but in the UK, the vast majority of muslims dont cause any problems. In fact, most are working professionals, and the minority of Muslim extremists tend to be real life trolls and are given too much press time by the likes of the Tabloids. Even then, most of the protest isnt against christianity, but rather the war in Afghanistan.

This is a christian institution actively attacking muslims. It is a religious war that illustrates intolerance and ignorance. It has nothing to do with political correctness, not being able to sing baa baa black sheep (which isnt and never actually was banned) etc. Hence why i said that your issues with immigration and PC are not relevant in this thread, mainly because the story is in America.

Oh I see you go to Manchester Met. No wonder you are rambling and not understanding the context of the thread. Have a read through again and then try to contribute. kthnxbai
Splodger
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Phantom_X)
http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2010/...y-to-mark-911/

There are other links on the blog.

Quite frankly this is disgusting. I understand that people may not agree with Islam, but that dosent mean bigotry, intolerance or hostility needs to occur. They complain that muslim societies are unaccepting, backward and do not value human rights, yet they contradict this in their planned actions.

At least in Britain we know what is right and wrong. It seems that such Americans are even more backward than the islamic fundamentalists.
God bless the Americans.
mathew551
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by vnupe)
No it proves that misguided individuals under the guise of religion are destructive... One does not equal the other. There are plenty of people that follow these religions fervently that do not exhibit such behaviour, nor do they engage in such functions.
So to make that sweeping generalised statement, is paramount to throwing the baby out with the bathwater...
So if religion didn't exist, what guise would they use then?
bunty64
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Splodger)
God bless the Americans.
so you think this would ever go down in england?
Phantom_X
Rep:
?
(Original post by Splodger)
God bless the Americans.
:facepalm2:
Elephant.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Folderol)
As long as they don't steal the Qurans, I really don't see a problem with this. Is it disrespectful? Yes but that isnt a reason to stop it. I would equally support the right of people to burn Bibles and Torahs or British or American flags.
You don't see anything wrong with inciting racial hatred?
paella
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Any intelligent Muslim will see these people for what they are.
bunty64
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Hippysnake)
Too add fuel to this dumbdumb fire, Eid might also fall on this day.
seriously??? do you think the christians will back down if they know it is the same day as eid??
JohnnytheFox
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Phantom_X)
Considering that this is America, and not Afghanistan, and that in this supposedly superior country where human rights and democracy are placed before all else (as scribed in the declaration of human rights) this backward move pretty much imitates the mindset of Islamic extremists. Taken into context, the muslim population in America are nowhere near as arrogant or bigoted as these lot.

and before anyone goes raaaah 9/11 etc, that was an al qaida operation carried out by vulnerable american and european muslims, as was stated in the 9/11 review.
You're making excuses for the 9/11 attacks by saying they were carried out by extremist muslims not representitive of the majority of Islam, so surely the same excuse can be made for the Christians of this church?

Every religion has nutjobs. It goes with the territory. To be honest, I'd much prefer the nutjobs that burn books than those that kill and maim innocents.
Splodger
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by bunty64)
so you think this would ever go down in england?
Nope, Too many "Do gooders" in this country reason why I admire the Americans and their 'Don't give a **** attitude' shame we are not like this.
Z_Ahmed
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Lol, they're just asking to be burnt alive in their church.
Hippysnake
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by bunty64)
seriously??? do you think the christians will back down if they know it is the same day as eid??
Corrr, no. They're probably gonna get even more pissy that Muslims are celebrating on 9/11.
Magic_007
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If it was the Torah....a different reaction.
Norfolkadam
Badges: 15
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Karl-fresher2be)
im not saying this is a good idea but they come to our country drive about in posh cars, get benefits and moan about us being racist.. were not allowed pirmary songs such as bla bla BLACK sheep had to remove the name of blackboards (this could go on and on..) imagine if we went there country and tried to build a church not a chance !!
I agree, how dare anyone but full blooded-white Christians drive in nice cars or claim benefits they are entitled to by the rule of law. How could this possibly be construed as a racist thing to say? It's political correctness gone mad. The examples you give are totally true, people who accuse them of being made up or incredibly exaggerated by the press in order to sell papers are just left-wing nutjobs who hate white people. I know for a fact that at my local primary school children aren't allowed to sit on chairs incase it offends the cripples and they can't even say the word "Christian", they have to say "Scum" instead and they had to do a project where they smeared their faeces over the Union Jack. All totally true. I am sure the millions of Christians living in Muslim countries probably just prey in a tent made of elephant dung. The fact that the UAE has a higher percentage of Christians than the UK has of Muslims (8% to 3%) is totally irrelevant.

Thank god not everyone on this forum is intelligent.
Instincts_2012
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by im so academic)
Awesome! :awesome:

But really, how is this going to achieve anything really?

It's just going to fuel more religious tension. :sigh:
Are you a boy or a girl?

sorry just curious!
Phantom_X
Rep:
?
(Original post by JohnnytheFox)
You're making excuses for the 9/11 attacks by saying they were carried out by extremist muslims not representitive of the majority of Islam, so surely the same excuse can be made for the Christians of this church?

Every religion has nutjobs. It goes with the territory. To be honest, I'd much prefer the nutjobs that burn books than those that kill and maim innocents.
Ofc im not blaming all christians at all. However, the previous idiot's comment was

'they do much worse than us burning a book'

I wonder who "They" implies. Ill give you the guess. And yes, there are plenty of extremist christians, no doubt, and that this act does not represent christian values whatsoever. However, what the previous poster has implied is that it is ok to incite religious hatred as 'they do it too'. They being a tiny minority in this country who in his first post, were randomly blamed for well, everything. So what he has done is justify this sickening act using an abrupt generalisation.

Whether its burning books or blowing up buildings, it quite frankly is wrong, and should not be happening in the 21st century.
moneyballs2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
So what's so significant about the 9th November then? Crazy Americans...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (64)
29.36%
No - I got the required grades (124)
56.88%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (30)
13.76%

Watched Threads