Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Hummingbird is only in the Galaxy S.
    I'm not sure what is in the Wildfire, but it's nothing special.
    It's in the iPad and the Samsung S8500 Wave too.

(Original post by G8D)
    Well.. Most processors do the same thing.. Process data and stuff :p:
    So it's all about how well they do this..

But IIRC the Hummingbird has built in graphics processing that is second to none. But don't hold me to that.

The Samsung galaxy S and the S8500 Wave use exactly the same hardware, the only difference being the OS and the case and the size of the screen.

Both of the phones above are running the same version of android. The HTC desire uses a 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, the Wave/Galaxy S use the 1GHz 'Hummingbird' ARM Cortex A8.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Well.. Most processors do the same thing.. Process data and stuff :p:
    So it's all about how well they do this..

But IIRC the Hummingbird has built in graphics processing that is second to none. But don't hold me to that.
    Ive heard this too, apparently its even better than snapdragon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louises1990)
    Sony Ericsson Vivaz. I have it and love it.
    I was looking at this one before, but i've not heard many good things about it.. soo does it work well? Battery life? Oh and have you got the qwerty keyboard one or the 8megapixel touchscreen?

ReputationRep:
    The screen on the galaxy s is superb, honestly comparing it to the other phones it looks like their screens have been dimmed or something. Got the galaxy today, upgraded from an iphone 3g and can honestly say I'm so glad I didn't go for another iPhone, the tarrifs are so much better and it looks fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    The Galaxy S.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BellaMemoria)
    I was looking at this one before, but i've not heard many good things about it.. soo does it work well? Battery life? Oh and have you got the qwerty keyboard one or the 8megapixel touchscreen?
    Battery life is quite amazing for the phone and it's the touchscreen one. It's definately the best phone I have had. The only thing I don't like is it came with zero games. Not the end of the world though lol

ReputationRep:
    TBH, the 3GS is still a pretty competitive phone. It isn't the best phone out of that list, but in terms of an end-user experience most will probably wants something that works. Android can be a little complex, so it depends on how tech savvy your colleagues are.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.