Turn on thread page Beta

I'm scared about starting college in September. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.R)
    Did?? They found a cure??:eek3:
    Errm, what? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not shy, I'm very talkative on first impressions, I just want to be myself and not be anyone else because they will get to know a fake person not the real Kirsty. Thanks for the advice so far guys. xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.R)
    This is what I'm talking about, cruel people that will exclude you from their cliques, or bully you out for being different.
    Yes.
    Keep away from us.
    We are not nice people.

Although different is good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F.I)
    1) Your location is North London, your college sounds like a big college, so i assumed woodhouse

2) sorry for my stupidity, but what is AS?

OMG your a chemist! :wavey:
    What the **** !! You appiled to the exact same unis as me!!

UCAS 2011

Msci Chemistry
    Oxford (College: ?)
    Imperial
    UCL
    Durham (College: ?)
    Warwick

didn't know wh was so well known.

AS-Asperger's syndrome - billy no mates syndrome - autism spectrum disorder. Makes you weird.

yeah i'm a chemist too. Go to UCL. it's amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F.I)
    2) sorry for my stupidity, but what is AS?
    Autistic Spectrum or Asperger's Syndrome which is what have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranbow99)
    Errm, what? :confused:
    You said you "did" have AS, past tense, meaning you used to have it which implies you were cured. Or was it just a mix up? dont worry i'm not a grammar nazi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.R)
    AS-Asperger's syndrome - billy no mates syndrome - autism spectrum disorder. Makes you weird.
    It may of taken me a while to get friends, but AS shouldn't stop you from making friends. I don't mind having it, I don't let it bother me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamsterdanceX)
    It may of taken me a while to get friends, but AS shouldn't stop you from making friends. I don't mind having it, I don't let it bother me.
    One of my friends has it, and I didn't even know until others told me he had it.

ReputationRep:
    nah, it's possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.R)
    What the **** !! You appiled to the exact same unis as me!!

UCAS 2011

Msci Chemistry
    Oxford (College: ?)
    Imperial
    UCL
    Durham (College: ?)
    Warwick

didn't know wh was so well known.

yeah i'm a chemist too. Go to UCL. it's amazing!
    HAHA, so im hoping ive made some good uni choices

I live in north west london which is why i know about woodhouse, in fact i was considering applying to wh until i actually saw the place (+ its an hour bus journey)

im sorry, im sure your not weird weird, besides its good to be weird, IM WEIRD, normal people are boring

im currently spending 4 weeks at UCL, its a nice place, ive met the admission tutor, dr dewi lewis, he is funny!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.R)
    You said you "did" have AS, past tense, meaning you used to have it which implies you were cured. Or was it just a mix up? dont worry i'm not a grammar nazi
    Opps...! No i've never had it, I thought you meant 'AS' as in the 'AS' year at college. That's why I was getting confused when you said had I been cured! Stupid me :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamsterdanceX)
    And no I'm not troilling :laugh:

Anyway; I'm really scared about the whole thing, I know I should be excited about starting college and not having to go back to my old crappy secondary for another year, which I'm glad about tho'. It's a scary thought, I do know a few of my friends are going to the same college but wont be in any of my classes and I'd only see them at lunch and break times depending on their timetable. I'm mad in every way, and known for intimating people a lot, basically people will think 'wow she's a mad one' and walks away. I don't want to be a loner, do you think people like mad, crazy and not so funny people like me? I'm terrible at jokes and what not but I still pull of jokes. Not forgetting I have Autism which means my social skills are useless.

Any advice would be much grateful.

Kirsty xxx
    Signature = Awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.R)
    nah, it's possible if you're a girl seeing as girls are more friendly, and if all else fails you'll have plenty of male friends so long as you look good. But a male with AS, no hope. Note how every poster here with AS that is being positive is female....
    Note this: For the first 13 years of my life, I never knew I had it. Boys are lucky because they get diagnosed earlier than girls. When I way 13 I got worried but at the same time my friends knew me as what I am, so being told I have AS shouldn't change me. I knew my Social skills was useless, but I worked at it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.galloway)
    Signature = Awesome.
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Okay this has gone into an debate about Autism, please.. Whoever started that, don't take this the wrong way but why??? Also S.R I'm going to an good college in my town, my older cousins went to this and said it's a very good college and after meeting the staff at the enrollment day they are very lovely people, so I'm not risking going to a **** college. I'm happy about this college, but kinda scared about making more friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F.I)
    HAHA, so im hoping ive made some good uni choices
    you have

(Original post by F.I)
    I live in north west london which is why i know about woodhouse, in fact i was considering applying to wh until i actually saw the place (+ its an hour bus journey)
    yeah travelling from north to north west is a pain, seeing as all the roads and tube lines radiate out from central london. if I wanna go Harrow for instance, I gotta go all the way into central london then get metropolitan line out to north west london, and the bus is even worse, winding around all those back roads. sorry a rant but rrgh.
    (Original post by F.I)
    im sorry, im sure your not weird weird, besides its good to be weird, IM WEIRD, normal people are boring
    Lol you dont even know me, i'm one weird guy.

(Original post by F.I)
    im currently spending 4 weeks at UCL, its a nice place, ive met the admission tutor, dr dewi lewis, he is funny!
    4 weeks? taster course?

Lol his name comes up on TSR a lot. Yeah he's pretty funny. On the way back from my diagnosis at Gt Ormond St I decided to show my mum around UCL and he very kindly gave me an extra tour of the place. He said something that had me in stitches lol but can't remember. Something about getting killed by the X ray diffractometer. he even lent me a (fun, not textbook) chem book to read over the summer. So I've had 3 tours of the chem building, open day, interview, and the extra tour. And I still don't know where anywhere inside is lol.

ReputationRep:
    Well whatever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.R)
    you have

yeah travelling from north to north west is a pain, seeing as all the roads and tube lines radiate out from central london. if I wanna go Harrow for instance, I gotta go all the way into central london then get metropolitan line out to north west london, and the bus is even worse, winding around all those back roads. sorry a rant but rrgh.
    ITS A NIGHTMARE!

Lol you dont even know me, i'm one weird guy.
    :jumphug: aw. dont know what to say

4 weeks? taster course?

Lol his name comes up on TSR a lot. Yeah he's pretty funny. On the way back from my diagnosis at Gt Ormond St I decided to show my mum around UCL and he very kindly gave me an extra tour of the place. He said something that had me in stitches lol but can't remember. Something about getting killed by the X ray diffractometer. he even lent me a (fun, not textbook) chem book to read over the summer. So I've had 3 tours of the chem building, open day, interview, and the extra tour. And I still don't know where anywhere inside is lol.
    no its work experience with the nuffield science bursary, im doing my work exp. with the biochemical eng dep.
    i met dr lewis during a cool lecture he gave, he is soo nice, such an inspiration
    I KNOW, i get lost soo easily even though ive been there a thousand times. i havent seen the chem dep properly there but i hope its really nice
    also may i ask how was the application process for oxford? im worried about the interview stage
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F.I)
    (Original post by S.R)
    If you don't mind me asking, which school do you both go to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.R)
    Well whatever. I'm dreading uni.
    Are you dismissing my positivity just because you've had a hard time with college and school? I'm sorry but it seems like it to me.

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.