Turn on thread page Beta

Can someone help explain why Lemaitre and Chambers have such different builds? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Sprinters try and build great muscle mass in their upper body aswell as their lower body simply because if your arms are swinging slowly and weakly its not gonna be as good for stability and speed as if they were pumping back and forth with great power and speed.

This leads to a lot of sprinters having quite Herculean physiques.

However,recently youve got a lot of people thinking that maybe the loss of weight that comes with being skinny could be more beneficial than the extra increase in power that comes with the extra muscle mass so youve got leaner looking sprinters. Nevertheless Lemaitre needs to bulk quite a bit more before he reaches his optimum mass.

Think of it like a big,heavy muscle car vs a sleek roadster. They both have similar top speeds. And they both complete tracks in similar times. However, one goes abount it by minimising weight and drag, whilst the other goes about it by dramatically increasing power output.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goodkat)
    He's black.

/thread
    How comes skinny white Lemaitre can run sub 10 then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nahdrav)
    Sprinters try and build great muscle mass in their upper body aswell as their lower body simply because if your arms are swinging slowly and weakly its not gonna be as good for stability and speed as if they were pumping back and forth with great power and speed.

This leads to a lot of sprinters having quite Herculean physiques.

However,recently youve got a lot of people thinking that maybe the loss of weight that comes with being skinny could be more beneficial than the extra increase in power that comes with the extra muscle mass so youve got leaner looking sprinters. Nevertheless Lemaitre needs to bulk quite a bit more before he reaches his optimum mass.

Think of it like a big,heavy muscle car vs a sleek roadster. They both have similar top speeds. And they both complete tracks in similar times. However, one goes abount it by minimising weight and drag, whilst the other goes about it by dramatically increasing power output.
    Good comparision, I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    Look up genetic body types. Ectomorph, Mesomorph, and I keep forgetting the 3rd one.
    endomorph - fat people. wow the a* for gcse pe has actually paid off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kash:))
    how come someone 6'5 holds the world record?

Lemaitre is just naturally extremely fast twitch.

ReputationRep:
    Black people are better at building muscle mass, not entirely beneficial to sprinting but it still helps alot. Go to your nearest proper gym and see if you dont notice that the guys there with the best physiques tend to be black. LeMaitre has run sub 10 once, he's very talented but he's not any real competition beyond europe, in fact many believe he overcame chambers due to a hamstring injury he suffered in the quarters. European athletics sucks anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kash:))
    french people have had centuries of practice running away as fast as they can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsgoquack)
    french people have had centuries of practice running away as fast as they can
    I loled

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Genesis Theory)
    Black people are better at building muscle mass, not entirely beneficial to sprinting but it still helps alot. Go to your nearest proper gym and see if you dont notice that the guys there with the best physiques tend to be black. LeMaitre has run sub 10 once, he's very talented but he's not any real competition beyond europe, in fact many believe he overcame chambers due to a hamstring injury he suffered in the quarters. European athletics sucks anyway
    What? A variety of Mr Olympia, famous bodybuilders, strongman and powerlifters have been white.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    What? A variety of Mr Olympia, famous bodybuilders, strongman and powerlifters have been white.
    Olympia has had more black winners and two african american's share 16 olympia titles add to this most famous IFBB pros are black. I think you'll find alot of them wouldnt hesitate to mention the genetic advantages blacks have when it comes to gaining muscle mass. I and many like me put hardly any effort in the gym yet I have a physique better than most of my non-black peers. This is partly due to genetics and a west african diet which favors muscular hypertrophy.

I wont include strongman as the building of muscle mass and strength, whist related, are two different things.

ReputationRep:
    Chambers looks like he is on gear

But I suppose these people are genetically "freaks", as only a tiny fraction of the general population can do what they do, even if they tried.

ReputationRep:
    Olympia has had more black winners and two african american's share 16 olympia titles add to this most famous IFBB pros are black. I think you'll find alot of them wouldnt hesitate to mention the genetic advantages blacks have when it comes to gaining muscle mass. I and many like me put hardly any effort in the gym yet I have a physique better than most of my non-black peers. This is partly due to genetics and a west african diet which favors muscular hypertrophy.

I wont include strongman as the building of muscle mass and strength, whist related, are two different things.
    No it hasn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcp2)
    No it hasn't.
    Er, yes it has

Ronnie Coleman x8
    Chris Dickerson x1
    Sergio Oliva x3
    Lee Haney x8
    Dexter Jackson x1

compared to

Arnold x7
    Larry Scott x2
    Dorian Yates x6
    Frank Zane x2
    Jay Cutler x3

20 to 21, the difference isnt big but there have still been more. When looking at the differences in population it makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themanbearpig)
    Chambers looks like he is on gear

But I suppose these people are genetically "freaks", as only a tiny fraction of the general population can do what they do, even if they tried.
    Chambers has been off for a while, besides he's not the only one:

I've also gone to lengths to make sure the athletes posted are "clean"

ReputationRep:
    Er, yes it has

Ronnie Coleman x8
    Chris Dickerson x1
    Sergio Oliva x3
    Lee Haney x8
    Dexter Jackson x1

compared to

Arnold x7
    Larry Scott x2
    Dorian Yates x6
    Frank Zane x2
    Jay Cutler x3

20 to 21, the difference isnt big but there have still been more. When looking at the differences in population it makes sense.
    Franco Columbu x2 ? Samir Bannout (we'll leave him out)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcp2)
    Franco Columbu x2 ? Samir Bannout (we'll leave him out)
    Hmmm, well I'm wrong then didnt notice him on the IFBB website

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, well I'm wrong then didnt notice him on the IFBB website
    He is pretty short.

ReputationRep:
    I would think that the fact that they're all juiced up negates the 'black advantage' in muscle gains. Were it a comparison of natural bodybuilders, i'm sure black people would win.

ReputationRep:
    Lemaitre has pure raw talent, but is very young. Chambers has talent, but because he's a lot older, hes had a lot of time to hit the gym and get bigger. Expect Lemaitre to be a lot bigger in a few seasons.

ReputationRep:

Usain Bolt? They are sorta the same in that I'd say Lemaitre is a white version of Bolt - very similar in that both are tall etc.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.