university is so depressing/boring Watch

This discussion is closed.
Alexdurrant7
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
And what will they do if you stay out for a while after classes? Nothing, that's what.
not-another-number
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's not university that's depressing and boring; it's your experience of university that is.
Tell your parents to do one. You're a big boy now.
S_123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ugh God I'm definitely going to a Uni that's not near family. OP, you could do a masters or whatever and go to a different Uni - maybe Scotland? Far from London. Earn some money in the holidays and get a loan and your parents can't stop you if they're not paying.
dieulay
Report 8 years ago
I know how you feel. That's why I'm going all the way up north for my masters
jataylorlfc
Report 8 years ago
have you tried telling your parents theyre making you unhappy?
Blueflare
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
When will people learn? Move away for Uni otherwise it's ****.
Lewk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
what the hell are you still letting your parents control you for, my parents were once like that but i kept 'breaking their boundaries' til it came to me having to shout & swear at them like they'd never have dreamed possible, and knocking some sense into them & them then knowing that they'd deffinately lost control over me... it was so worth it
Crazy Paving
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
LOL, stand up to your parents. If you can't, well it's only one more year.
PrinceOfCats
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kings87)
yes and male
Leave home.
kings87
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Thanks for the replies. I don’t want to do another degree. I’m more worried about whether it will be possible to make close friends after uni, especially as people say the friends you make at uni will be the best friends later on in your life. Also do people in their early-mid 20’s refer back to their uni days? because I will have nothing to talk about.
montyr
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by MissFanatical)
Lmao norragain

If I won the lottery right

I'd hold a compulsory 'Strict Asian Parents' convention and give them all weed telling them it's a secret chemical that enhances brain power and increases the likelihood that their child(ren) will not fornicate and give them each a carrier bagful to take home.

And I'd teach their children bout depression/social anxiety and their symptoms and major causes so they could recognise their own symptoms and hopefully act on it (e.g. GO TO UNI AWAY FROM HOME USHDFAFUAHEDH) before they think the hopeless feeling is the norm and go through life with a twisted version of what respect and love are that cannot be applied cross culturally leading them to never fully integrate into Western society, worsening their own problems and leading to deep, unnecessary divisions within society D:

And I'd buy lots of bunnies because I like them :3
:lol:
Jfranny
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
to be ****** if you're 22 and still under the thumb you don't deserve a venture into the real world, gtfo
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (90)
20%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (181)
40.22%
Nope, not that interesting (179)
39.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise