Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciambottina)
    I also got an offer for Hartley grove. I wanted Chancellor's courts. I don't like the fact that we have to top up electricity for our rooms in Hartley. But I'm feeling better now about it after reading all of your posts. I will be doing my course in the new biomed sciences building which will be ready in September so am glad to hear it's close. Exactly how close though? 5 mins? 10 mins? Is chancellors closer to the new building?
    My electricty for the whole year was £10..... they top them all up when you move out for easter as they have conference guests staying in there so obviously don't want the electricity going off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LongTallAlly)
    My electricty for the whole year was £10..... they top them all up when you move out for easter as they have conference guests staying in there so obviously don't want the electricity going off!
    my contract included easter and christmas- i didnt have to move out at those times for conferences guests, no one had to. so the only time the electricity was topped up was just before we moved in at the start of the contract

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am an electronics student 2nd year will be staying at hartley. so happy the ECS building is just few mins away.....cyall soon.

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for Hartley Grove too, I'm studying Computer Science, quite glad I got this accommodation! Does anyone know when we get told our room/floor/block number, on the address it says "Beech Court", somebody has already mentioned about a "B" block, is this it? :L
    See you all soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomsabin)
    Just got an offer for Hartley Grove too, I'm studying Computer Science, quite glad I got this accommodation! Does anyone know when we get told our room/floor/block number, on the address it says "Beech Court", somebody has already mentioned about a "B" block, is this it? :L
    See you all soon!
    you wont find out exactly where in beech court you are until the day you move in, and yes B Block does stand for beech court

ReputationRep:
    Im in b block doing Biomedical Sciences
    This is the first im hearing about this topping up eltricity thing? Im surprised that they never mentioned it! lol As if 4.5K wasnt enough!
    add me on Facebook David Cattermole

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dc_27uk1)
    This is the first im hearing about this topping up eltricity thing? Im surprised that they never mentioned it! lol As if 4.5K wasnt enough!
    Yeah I was quite surprised as well, but from what I have found out, a few people topped up around £30-40 for a whole year and still had credit at the end of it all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ansi147)
    Hi,
    I am an electronics student 2nd year will be staying at hartley. so happy the ECS building is just few mins away.....cyall soon.
    Which block- A/B/C?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dc_27uk1)
    Same, or possibly biology - I really need to make up my mind!

They did mention it but I guess it wasn't made particulary obvious. Our rent is something like £2 a week cheaper than rooms without the meter and from what I've read thats more than enough to make up the cost of the electric. £4.5k is a huge amount - no idea how I'm going to manage to pay for that!

ReputationRep:
    Hi.
    Just thought I'd say I'm staying in Hartley Grove too! B block!
    I'm studying Maths with actuarial sciences.
    Cant wait!! Nearly 4 weeks now!

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I'll be staying at Hartley Grove Cedar Court, gonna be studying podiatry! anyone else gonna be in cedar court too? looks like im the only one i know so far!

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god, am I the only one who's not doing a science?! It's not that I don't think I'll make friends "because I'm not a sciency person," it's just that it would be nice to know someone who's needing to get to the same place as me. I'm doing French so I'll be on Avenue Campus. Anyone else going there and/or know how far a walk that is? Oh, and I'm in Ash block.

ReputationRep:
    15 minute walk, maybe less if you're super speedy. TSR isn't a direct representation of the numbers of freshers doing subjects so no worries

ReputationRep:
    Ah, that's good I used to walk 30 minutes to get to college everyday so that won't be a problem. Haha, you have a point there, thank you for the reassurance! I'll try to stop worrying

Edit: by the way, if I'm right in thinking that those are the soot workers from Spirited away, your avatar is total win.

ReputationRep:
    hi, I'm also staying at Hartley Grove next year in Ash Court, quite happy as the rooms look really good but i was shocked to find out that we have to top up electricty!!!

I'm studying Contemporary Europe with French and Spanish so looks like i'll be in the minority as it seems pretty sciency!!

see you all there x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louise09)
    hi, I'm also staying at Hartley Grove next year in Ash Court, quite happy as the rooms look really good but i was shocked to find out that we have to top up electricty!!!

I'm studying Contemporary Europe with French and Spanish so looks like i'll be in the minority as it seems pretty sciency!!

see you all there x
    O: YAY. So I take it you're on Avenue too? I'm happy to hear that I will not be the only language person there! By next year do you mean this October or are you starting in 2011?

ReputationRep:
    yep I'm on Avenue, sorry should have made myself more clear - I'm starting in October

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! I'm actually arriving a bit later on September 27th rather than the 25th, but I shall see you there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mbharmal)
    Which block- A/B/C?
    Well my offer dsnt say which block it says Cedar Court.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ansi147)
    Well my offer dsnt say which block it says Cedar Court.
    Ash = A
    Beech = B
    Cedar = C

So you're in the C block

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 2, 2010
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.