Report 8 years ago
you seem really needy
leemkule
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by younglawyer)
Depends on how many you've had I guess...
Yeah fair point, first one usually take some getting over.
aeterno
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I thought this was going to be a gay guy complaining about the crappy BJs he was getting. I'm disappointed
v-zero
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Nobody understands anybody. Humans are not predictable. Empirical evidence can never tell the whole story. Life is like a box of.... wait, wait, not that one.
username240699
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Awww i'm sorry OP. I know people are telling you know get over it, move on etc. but it must be really hard.
You'll find someone genuine soon enough Just make sure he's not a devil in disguise next time (Y)
silverbolt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by HighestKungFu)
As soon as I saw "He was kind of a bad boy" I stopped reading.
nah you should have carried on - apprently this bad boy wouldnt cheat as he was really shy around women........urm wut? lol

anyway great thread there OP, as a man though im off to "suck"

and yes i get how gay that sounded
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
He was a 'bad boy' in the sense that he used to bully people to bits about their looks and crap like that. Also he tends to be quite unfriendly to people because of their looks or whatever. I suppose he was that way to hide the fact that he was shy with women he had an interest in. He has many girlfriends and isn't shy when it comes to socializing randomly. Also, he mostly focuses on his studies at uni, the whole going out and partying till the cows come home started after second year exams ended.

I'm not a needy person, I just invested a lot in this relationship, and the simple fact that he had been so seemingly in love just a few weeks before is what gets to me. Also, the fact that I haven't gone constantly calling or texting him means that I am in no way or shape going to become a 'stalker'... I've had relationships before, and he hasn't, so yeah maybe he does want a chance to go out and be with other women, and yeah, people do change. But in a few weeks? It was just ******* shocking really.
HighestKungFu
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
He was a 'bad boy' in the sense that he used to bully people to bits about their looks and crap like that. Also he tends to be quite unfriendly to people because of their looks or whatever. I suppose he was that way to hide the fact that he was shy with women he had an interest in. He has many girlfriends and isn't shy when it comes to socializing randomly. Also, he mostly focuses on his studies at uni, the whole going out and partying till the cows come home started after second year exams ended.

I'm not a needy person, I just invested a lot in this relationship, and the simple fact that he had been so seemingly in love just a few weeks before is what gets to me. Also, the fact that I haven't gone constantly calling or texting him means that I am in no way or shape going to become a 'stalker'... I've had relationships before, and he hasn't, so yeah maybe he does want a chance to go out and be with other women, and yeah, people do change. But in a few weeks? It was just ******* shocking really.
He sounds less like a bad-boy and more like a closet case homosexual. Either-way, he doesn't sound like the nicest of people, so cut your losses and move on.
GeekyNAB
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by *Dreaming*)
I know what you mean, my ex suddenly changed as well (it was also a long distance relationship.) I don't know what it is really, maybe some people are too immature for a proper relationship right now, they get in deep then scare themselves......or maybe it was outside influence. That was what I thought anyway. Or maybe the "spark" burnt out.

Maybe because of the distance, some people find that they want to live life in the moment in "reality", not put so much effort into skype/texting/travelling, maybe they want to just concentrate on themselves.

I feel for you, I really do, I know the exact pain you have
I cant say anything about your ex but I personally feel people RARELY change. Its usually that many are very good at hiding what they really believe and feel and the others fall in the trap by believing in what they are seeing. If he had any heart, he would have never treated her in such a manner.
pinkspiders
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I really feel for you, it must suck completely, and two and half years is a long time invested in someone. But you have to move on. I know it hurts and I know it will hurt for a while to come, but you've not really got any other choice. He explained how he felt, and while it's not completely reasonable, it's a damn sight more explanation than I've had in the past, or my friends have had.
He's at university, and it's a huge part in someone's life, and he's going to change. It sucks but our motto is 'the only way to get over one guy, is to get under another' oh and lots of chocolate..!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Oh and for the record, I thought the title of the post would make more people read it. I absolutely don't think most men suck, in fact most of my friends are male.
Sam89
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Same thing happened to me.
He realised he wants to be free and doesn't want commitment?
You're right guys do suck =)
pina.Love
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by concubine)
People do change, that's obvious and it's a good thing. He's lost interest in you, simple.

**** happens, unsurprisingly as you're a girl (and this is what ALL girls in this situation do, LOLOLOL GENDER GENERALISATIONS ARE GREAT RITE!!11?) you're reading too much into it.

Sucks to be you but really, accept it and move on.
how is she possibly reading into it too much?
The guy dumped her for no apparent reason, he at least owes her the decency to tell her why especially since they have been together for quite a long time.
asdalol
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by OMG TOOTHBRUSH)
tl;dr

But you're sexist and should be ashamed.

Get back in the kitchen.
Yes, do it NOW :mad:
lovely_me
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Steevee)
Why must women be needy, clingy and a little bit unable to change?

Hurrah for sweeping gender generalisations
This tbh.
Fumblenuts91
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Because you're clearly a pain.
amobe
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by aeterno)
I thought this was going to be a gay bi guy complaining about the crappy BJs he was getting. I'm disappointed
Same. I thought it would be the discussion to end the constant wondering of which gender gives better blowjobs.

Seriously though, I think guys. Though they might be a bit too goal-oriented at times?
pink giggle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
People definitely do change, and it was a long distance relationship. My brother went through a similar scenario this year too. In the end they felt that they'd become more like friends than actually being in a relationship, it just wasn't the same anymore. I guess that's how your boyfriend felt...but it seems it really was a quick change but maybe he had felt that way for a while but just didn't express it...? I don't know, but these things do happen a lot - and although some people were saying you sound needy, you don't sound that needy or clingy to me.
Shuvel
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Long post...

I had never seen that side of him though, our relationship was long-distance, but we visited each other very often. There wasn't an hour we didn't speak over text or skype or whatever. Eventually, his friends told me that they had never seen him so happy/in love/friendly before and our relationship did amazing things for both of us as people.

We've always had a rock solid relationship, full of communication. This year's uni exam period however, he felt he had to revise all day and all night long. Which I let him do although it meant there was a massive loss of contact for a very long period. I was there for him though, as I wanted him to feel confident and ready for his exams. When it was all finally over, I was literally burning with excitement for summer, meaning 3 months of us every day. But that didn't happen.

After exams he went out partying 3 days and nights in a row, I barely got a text and I just gave him the luxury of celebrating his efforts. But then 2 weeks went by and he still didn't want to make plans about summer, saying he was too busy moving out of accom and sorting things out (but this wasnt a problem last year when i came over to help him etc), I kept trying to make some plans but he just wouldn't do it. Then one day when I was feeling very pushed aside, I asked him if he loved me thinking he'd be his usual self and shower me with a bunch of romantic stuff like he always did. He said he didn't know. I was totally shocked and said okay, I'll give you some time off from the relationship if you want. And so we decided to have a week off. By the end I was missing him more than ever. When I finally had the chance to talk to him, I was sooo excited. Then he wrote me a freaking long skype message basically telling me how he doesn't know if he loves me like a sister or like a romantic partner anymore. He then acknowledged how important I had been in his life and how i had done nothing wrong and that he felt for me. He then basically told me to **** off and not talk to him as that would be the healthier way to break up. All of this information within a half hour, he logged off and never came back, and I was left COMPLETELY shocked.

So, a month has passed after the break up. I contacted him once after the break up just because I really didn't get wth was happening. He laughed a bit, then told me to **** off again. He's befriended a bunch of random chicks on face as well as buggered off to a beautiful country for a holiday.

Anyways, the point of this post is really, how the **** can a guy, who has told you he seriously considers proposing and written 6 page long love letters about how he adores you only weeks before the break up, be able to break up like that? I'm totally confused, I love him to bits, he was never a jerk to me or anything like that, which is why I started dating him in the first place... but come on, at least give me a proper reason why, and give me closure! (He even refused to tell me he doesn't love me face to face over SKYPE!) Personally I think he's either gay, a ******* great actor, or his single uni 'm8s' had a massive influence on him. Also, he wouldn't cheat, he's too shy with women. I was his first sexual relationship and well, girlfriend ever. It's like a COMPLETE transfer of personalities. Thoughts?
He probably realised his girlfriend was clingy and trying to keep him whipped.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (36)
97.3%
No (1)
2.7%

Watched Threads