No, they suck
    25.00%
    I like turtles
    29.23%

ReputationRep:
    They're so cute.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not keen on them.

They can be ok to look after for 2 minutes, and then I get bored.

When I was 16 I looked after my cousins baby quite a lot and loved it - I wanted to keep him lol. Now.. I would hate it. Babies and children annoy me.

I hate it when parents ask me if I want to hold their baby. In my head I'm like NOOOO **** OFFFFF WITH YOUR BABY!

ReputationRep:
    No. Babies are scary.

ReputationRep:
    Not really a fan of babies, especially when they're at that icky dribbling stage :yucky: And their sticky hands :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    Aww, I love babies. Toddler's more though, the ones I know are just so cheeky and cute!

Giving them back to their parents' is the best bit though. I can't even look after my goldfish properly so there's no way in hell I'd be able to cope with one 24/7.

OP, you've sure made it difficult by adding turtles into the mix... :p:

ReputationRep:
    babies are cute but I couldn't stand having to get up every night to feed it or whatever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StartSomething)
    I'm not keen on them.

They can be ok to look after for 2 minutes, and then I get bored.

When I was 16 I looked after my cousins baby quite a lot and loved it - I wanted to keep him lol. Now.. I would hate it. Babies and children annoy me.

I hate it when parents ask me if I want to hold their baby. In my head I'm like NOOOO **** OFFFFF WITH YOUR BABY!
    You go to my cool-people-who-don't-like-kids list. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RabbitCFH)
    You go to my cool-people-who-don't-like-kids list. :yes:
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the kid.

If it's some spoilt little brat bawling his eyes out cos mummy said no, then I'm not going to like him.

However, if it's some sweet, angelic little thing them I will like them

ReputationRep:
    I love them more now than what I used to :love: but I'll definitely love my own more than anyone elses
    I hate hearing stories about other peoples kids tho, as in I really don't give a **** what young luigi had for his dinner and how he won the pirze for the best colouring in competition etc :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    I think they're awesome. Like Turk says, it's like having a dog that slowly learns to talk!

ReputationRep:
    You're both awesome! :awesome:
    Why thank you, so are you :awesome:

People who tell me "you'll want one sooner or later" can sod off. Don't tell me what I will or won't want. I don't HAVE a maternal instinct, in fact it is probably wise that I am not near children - if they cry I have a murderous instinct instead. :o: (This is what happens when there's a screaming baby on a 4am flight. Stupid parents, do NOT take your ugly spawn on planes otherwise I shall open the emergency door and throw it out.) I am wired differently, get used to it. :p:

ReputationRep:
    My baby cousin is very cool, though there are a lot of ugly babies around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siani-chan)
    Why thank you, so are you :awesome:

People who tell me "you'll want one sooner or later" can sod off. Don't tell me what I will or won't want. I don't HAVE a maternal instinct, in fact it is probably wise that I am not near children - if they cry I have a murderous instinct instead. :o: (This is what happens when there's a screaming baby on a 4am flight. Stupid parents, do NOT take your ugly spawn on planes otherwise I shall open the emergency door and throw it out.) I am wired differently, get used to it. :p:
    :rofl:

So true. When i was 12 or 13 I used to love playing with my newly-born cousin, i thought he was cute. But now when I see a child i'm just thinking "don't spot me" because if it does it will ******* stare at you all the time, I hate it. Now my cousin is 8 and I hate playing video games with him (his favourite one is GTA IV btw :lol: ) because he always keeps telling me what to do ('blow that car', 'run over these people', etc. ). I can't see myself as a parent either tbh. :P

ReputationRep:
    I loveeeee kids up until they're about 4, when they turn into the spawn of satan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veldrin)
    I'm really indifferent to children. Yesterday I went to see my cousins new born... I was more interested in the buffet and the free beer.
    Haha, Dylan Moran quote about going to his friends baby shower: "Your house is a medley of disgusting smells, there’s nothing to eat, everybody’s wearing bathrobes, there’s no bar, I can’t **** anybody. Why am I here?" :p:

Yeah, I'm the same. I can't even pretend for 10 minutes to be interested (or even not disgusted) with a friends/relatives baby. Yuck, just get it away from me! I really have to stop glaring at them on buses though lol

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

So true. When i was 12 or 13 I used to love playing with my newly-born cousin, i thought he was cute. But now when I see a child i'm just thinking "don't spot me" because if it does it will ******* stare at you all the time, I hate it. Now my cousin is 8 and I hate playing video games with him (his favourite one is GTA IV btw :lol: ) because he always keeps telling me what to do ('blow that car', 'run over these people', etc. ). I can't see myself as a parent either tbh. :P
    I remember when I was 13 maybe 14 and my auntie had her little girl, I was handed her and I was sitting there with this :lolwut: expression on my face like wtf do I do with this thing and my mum's like, BE MATERNAL YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO WANT ONE and I'm like ....how can anyone want this? It's UGLY, PLEASE REMOVE IT FROM MY PERSONAL BUBBLE BEFORE I THROW IT AT THE WALL. *ahem*

I hate when they stare, that's so awkward.

GTA IV? At 8 years old? :p: Deary me. Children are demanding. Evil little buggers. :p: When I first played GTA III, in the very first mission, I ran over the girl you were supposed to pick up. :awesome:

No cretins for me thankyouverymuch.

ReputationRep:
    I hate them, they're noisy, messy, sticky and expensive to keep.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao, turtles... well, tortoises are my favourite animal, so I had to pick them!

As for babies, I'm not fussed. My mum's a childminder so I see babies constantly. I guess the novelty of them has kind of worn off.

ReputationRep:
    I do like turtles though.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.