What's your verdict on this girl's life?????? Watch

You_Missed_a_Bit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This is extremely sad :/

But I think if I knew that girl, I would want her to go out and make something of herself...I know easier said than done, but see if she can make something positive out of her negative start in life.

Look at David Pelzer, terribly terribly abused as a child. But he put his experiences into a book, and raised awareness of child abuse. He also, had a child and his experiences made him want to be the best father possible. xxx
Blueflare
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kyuu)
Like I said easier said than done.
I would be surprised if she had a phone to call Childline or anything.
It's a free number.

If she doesn't do anything then who else is going to?
You expect the state to use its psychic powers to find out what's going on and go in and rescue her?
Helping herself is hard, but someone else helping her is impossible unless they are told about it.
Hectristic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'd tap it.
Kyuu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Blueflare)
It's a free number.

If she doesn't do anything then who else is going to?
You expect the state to use its psychic powers to find out what's going on and go in and rescue her?
Helping herself is hard, but someone else helping her is impossible unless they are told about it.
Yes I know she has to do something but it's hard to think of getting out of such a life when you're brought up that way. Think about it, if she leaves the house she'll have no money at all and most likely killed if caught but her parents. She has no friends at all so who she going to stay with? Unless..... the council gives her somewhere to stay and start looking for jobs but by then her self esteem will be completely crushed.

Hard situation if you ask me.
Lamps08
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ramanda)
My dad once told me to pull my socks up. I didn't get it at the time, but that is what you need to do. Everyone goes through ****, there's no one that's going to do your life for you. You need to man up, pull your socks up, call it whatever you like, but you need to deal with your life. I can give you as much sympathy as you like, but honestly, that's not what you need. You need to sort your life out, you're the only one that can.

This- and it's very good to hear coming from a girl Every person has different experiences, so just may as well get on with it really, otherwise you could find a way to dispute everything.
Lamps08
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by effyeffyeffy)
I know people with worse lives who don't go around feeling sorry for themselves.

That probably came out harsh.
Thats bang out of order- She has a reason to fill sorry for herself you idiot. But obviously we're suggesting that it's not the most efficient way for her to move on if she dwells on it. Be supportive or GTFO!
effyeffyeffy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Lamps08)
Thats bang out of order- She has a reason to fill sorry for herself you idiot. But obviously we're suggesting that it's not the most efficient way for her to move on if she dwells on it. Be supportive or GTFO!
It's hardly out of order. It's the truth. I didn't relate it to that girl's issues anyway, at any point. You'll notice that if you read what I said.

She didn't ask for support anyway.
NaturalDisaster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My verdict is that I'm bloody lucky, that's what. I'm really sorry for what's happened to you OP (assuming it is you), but hopefully things will get a lot better once you're away from your family and can start your own life without them in it. Try and escape OP. Like others have said, what was your education like? Try and run away to Uni!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.69%
No (549)
60.73%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.58%

Watched Threads