Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR in a Reasonably Priced Car (GT5) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    All about trust really mate. Plus, if you see the same person beating everyone every week then questions will probably be asked. Photographic proof would be ideal, obviously in spoiler tags.
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    yep I reckon so as well, what would be the penalty? How about collective neg rep or getting a bent tsr mod to ban them
    (Would have posted earlier but couldn't get on the forums before work)

Assuming some form of leader board is formed consisting of how many times people have won, my suggestion would be anyone found guilty of always getting a faster lap time without proof could be stricken and/or disqualified from participating in the future.

Of course hopefully we wont need to resort to such a measure, but the internet does have a habit of making people act like dicks.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    I'm quite disappointed that the times in game aren't realistic to the times in Top Gear. Lap times are much faster in game.

Anyway, here's my first submission:

1:30.507

Proof
    I don't usually drive in this view, it's just to prove I was driving in the Mini.

I haven't put in many laps so I expect this time to be beaten pretty easily! Just for reference I'm using a wheel + manual transmission.
    I shall reply with a lap in the morning; just finished work and want to go to bed. Though, I may wait as by tomorrow afternoon I will have my wheel.

ReputationRep:
    Really didn't enjoy driving the mini, felt like a tank and really sluggish. I did get a 1.29:8 but invalidated my lap apparently, of the about 9 laps only 4 weren't invalidated.

I'm not expecting to get much better than 1.30:857 though I may try again later.

Spoiler:
    Show

Oh and I do everything that I consider "competitive" automatic transmission with a controller. Not got a steering wheel atm for my PS3 though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExcessNeo)
    Really didn't enjoy driving the mini, felt like a tank and really sluggish. I did get a 1.29:8 but invalidated my lap apparently, of the about 9 laps only 4 weren't invalidated.

I'm not expecting to get much better than 1.30:857 though I may try again later.

Spoiler:
    Show

Oh and I do everything that I consider "competitive" automatic transmission with a controller. Not got a steering wheel atm for my PS3 though.
    I honestly liked driving the Mini. If you're going from a McLaren F1 to the Cooper, then yeah, it'll feel very heavy but overall it's a fairly decent car. In the cheaper cars, you'll never find one with immense handling, because they just aren't built like that.

I'll put those times in the OP in a sec.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly liked driving the Mini. If you're going from a McLaren F1 to the Cooper, then yeah, it'll feel very heavy but overall it's a fairly decent car. In the cheaper cars, you'll never find one with immense handling, because they just aren't built like that.

I'll put those times in the OP in a sec.
    Well I wasn't comparing it to the likes of my chrome line murcielago/m3 but the low end cars I have got (even if fairly upgraded now) were much nicer to drive than the Mini.

I assume we are only using valid lap times in game (blue indicating fastest lap), as you hit follow through it is quite easy to invalidate your lap even if you are still following the course (that caused me to invalidate my 1.30:282).

ReputationRep:
    I will enter this at some point...

I do suck at the track though... Took me years to just scrape bronze on the bloody caravan thing...

ReputationRep:
    I've completed the Van TG challenge to bronze but i can't see the track in time trial mode...

Whihc category is it under? I looked under all of them and couldn't see it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    I've completed the Van TG challenge to bronze but i can't see the track in time trial mode...

World circuits. You might need to complete intermediate too then. I can't quite remember.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:

World circuits. You might need to complete intermediate too then. I can't quite remember.
    Yes, I believe you do. Which is killing me.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, this is pissing me off now, got bronze on both the beginner and intermediate special events on TGTT and still no ******* track on arcade mode...

GRUMBLE!

Edit: Apparently i need gold in the beginner event now... FFs...

ReputationRep:
    MHorman: 1:31.316

That'll do for now... Will improve it later but i'm still beating everyone that hasn't entered yet..

ReputationRep:
    MHorman: 1:31.316

That'll do for now... Will improve it later but i'm still beating everyone that hasn't entered yet..
    Positive thinking, I like it!

ReputationRep:
    And it means i get to pick the car for next week... Time to get practising in the classic fiat 500 i think.... You guys thought the Van race was slow?

ReputationRep:
    I must remember to enter this. Might have a go now just to see what it is like to drive.

ReputationRep:
    And it means i get to pick the car for next week... Time to get practising in the classic fiat 500 i think.... You guys thought the Van race was slow?
    What's wrong with the 500? It corners like a beast!

On one of the rally tracks it can't get up one of the hills iirc...we had to use other cars to push it :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Don't plan to lose, it'll kill this competition! You're only a second behind my time.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    You need gold on the van race to get the TG track? Wow, looks like I am never entering this.

ReputationRep:
    Oh man I wanna buy a PS3 to take part in this

Btw one thing, you guys are worried about one person coming on top every week, this seems inevitable as one person is going to be the best driver at the end of the day. Also, photos can't be used to show that you haven't put on tyres and a turbo But i think people will be trustworthy, it's a rather pathetic thing to cheat at

ReputationRep:
    x
    I got rather annoyed at having thought I had beaten your time on my 9th lap to discover I hadn't, then things just got better and better.

Here's my entry: 1:30.124
    Spoiler:
    Show

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

:awesome: Only using a controller too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    I got rather annoyed at having thought I had beaten your time on my 9th lap to discover I hadn't, then things just got better and better.

Here's my entry: 1:30.124
    Spoiler:
    Show

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

:awesome: Only using a controller too
    Good stuff. Will have a few laps tonight.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 21, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.