Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

At what age will you leave home? Watch

• View Poll Results: At what age will you leave home?
    22-27
    38.60%
    27-36
    3.51%
    I will not leave home, I will kick off my parents
    2.63%
    Below 22
    55.26%

ReputationRep:
    It depends how you mean left, i felt like i was leaving home when i went to uni at 18 but went back when i finished, i moved out properly three months ago when i was 23.

ReputationRep:
    18 to uni and never ever returning.

ReputationRep:
    i left home at 19 to go to uni, apart from holidays i live at uni through the year and when i graduate i dont see myself returning(there isnt many jobs aroudn that area adn i dont have any friends at home any longer)

ReputationRep:
    After I leave UNI and get a good job probably 25 lol

ReputationRep:
    Currently 24 and have been working for about two months now after finishing university and doing an extra year of studying alongside volunteering and casual work. My Workplace is 30mins away and there's no point in moving out and so I'm just going to continue living at home for a few years and saving up as much as I can. Then I may think about moving out and purchase my own place without renting because I rather see my money being invested in the proper way but that's just me.

Plus I have a £15k debt with The Student Loans Company which I'm currently paying off and will hopefully do so within the next few years whilst living at home and once that's sorted, then I'll have one less thing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really consider myself to have "moved out" by being at Uni. I still have a load of crap sitting in my dad's house, and I've never had rented accommodation over the summer.
    Hopefully I'll be doing a masters next year, and as they run for a whole year I'll need a year long tenancy agreement. Then I will consider myself to have moved out properly. I will be 21 if all goes to plan!
    If I don't get in/don't get money for a masters my other option is to live at home, get a job and work for a year to save as much money as possible. As much as I love my dad, I would seriously hate to live at home for an entire year! The summer is one thing, but a year, ****. I couldn't deal with not having independence for so long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    I was 17, why is the youngest age "below 22"?
    The poll clearly doesn't include those who ran away from home.

ReputationRep:
    im in my last year of uni and am doing my LPC near home so still wont be moving out. Anyway why would i want to when my mum just brought me a piece of cake? Wouldnt get thats service if i moved out

ReputationRep:
    I've left home for uni! I live away from home 50%< of the year, will probably move out permanently in 2 years time.

ReputationRep:
    Until I get the right amount of money to be able to live in France.

ReputationRep:
    If all goes to plan, 20

ReputationRep:
    Does uni count?

Because I haven't moved out as such, still have my room at home and go there during holidays. I won't properly move out til I (hopefully) get a job after my degree.

ReputationRep:
    If I return home after uni then I intend it only to be for as long as it takes for me to find my own place, however I'm a 6 year course so that won't be until I'm 24...

ReputationRep:
    Lived in Liverpool for my second and third years at Uni (but my primary address was still home), but will officially move out in the new year into my own rented flat, making me 21/22 (depending when I find somewhere)

ReputationRep:
    I want to go to a uni which is not in London. That way, I wont feel pressured to stay at home. Because if I do, despite being 18/19, I will be expected to return home at a time which suits my parents. I really want independence to be honest. I mean I'll visit the 'rents like every other week whenever possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FranticMind)
    No his parents quite clearly gave him the cash!
    You're an idiot! Actually our first house cost only £58k and the deposit was paid for out of money my nan left me when she died, so you can **** off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    Troll:mad:
    Why would I be a troll just because I was sensible enough to appreciate that money was best spent on property rather than pissing it away every weekend?!

ReputationRep:
    What's the problem with people leaving home at 17? I'll be leaving at 17 for uni (unless I go to Glasgow/Strathclyde, which is not that likely).

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Well I've semi left home for uni, and depending on what job I manage to get post-uni, I don't see myself ever living there 24/7 again...
    This.

Now I've lived away from home for the last few months, I would really wish the freedom and independence if I moved back home after uni.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.