Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

my best mate sleeps around. alot! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Say you know of someone else who has been sleeping around and got an STD/pregnant, she might take more notice then... she's being stupid though, very stupid. But she's lucky to have a friend like you to be worried about her

ReputationRep:
    If you are, stop showing your disapproval for her sleeping around and just focus on the fact she isn't using protection. That might make you seem less judgemental to her and she may listen more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willum Infanta)
    Isn't the whole chlamydia being pretty hard to diagnose and possible infertility scary?
    Gotta get me some o' that chlamydia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple_flowers)
    so my best mate was a virgin until a few months back.
    she wasn't the sort of girl to just go out and get with guys, she was pretty reserved etc, and never had a proper boyfriend.

so we were all pretty shocked when she went and slept with some guy she met in a bar drunkenly.
    since then, she's a whole new person. every week she calls me,saying she's slept with this guy from a club. i wouldn't mind this, i understand these thing happen, but it's every single week a different guy, and most of the time she doesn't use protection - which is what really irritates me. how can you not use protection with a random stranger?!

i need to make her see how dangerous this is for her but i don't know how.
    i've tried talking to her countless times. she's not on the pill so i'm very worried she's going to get pregnant, or chlamidia!
    any ideas?
    Chlamydia isn't really that bad in the grand scheme of things lol

ReputationRep:
    So, which bars does she hang out in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madeofgold)
    I told this my mum and she's laughing so hard. She says only dogs are ******** random dogs, just like your friend.
    :mmm: you browse TSR with your mum

(Original post by Ripper)
    Chlamydia isn't really that bad in the grand scheme of things lol

Really!?! So being infertile isn't bad? And besides, it's not just chlamydia she could catch, she could get something far worse. Like herpes which once you've got is with you for life.
    And why is everyone saying OP is too judgemental!? It's hardly like she's calling her mate a whore or whatever, she's only worried about her! And tbh, I think anyone who wouldn't be bothered and try and help their friend if they've been doing something stupid when they could get hurt is a really **** friend.
    OP, just talk to your friend. Tell her what she's doing is really stupid if she's not gonna use protection and tell her of the massive risks she's taking. Does she realise how easy it is to get pregnant!? You don't have to be judgemental or w/e but just tell her how worried you are and that you don't want anything bad to happen to her.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly if you've already told her several times, by now she knows what she's doing.
    If she wants to repeatedly put herself at risk, then to be frank its her own fault if she gets AIDS.
    I know you want to be a good friend and all, but there's not much point continually wasting your breath on someone too stubborn to listen to good advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple_flowers)
    so my best mate was a virgin until a few months back.
    she wasn't the sort of girl to just go out and get with guys, she was pretty reserved etc, and never had a proper boyfriend.

so we were all pretty shocked when she went and slept with some guy she met in a bar drunkenly.
    since then, she's a whole new person. every week she calls me,saying she's slept with this guy from a club. i wouldn't mind this, i understand these thing happen, but it's every single week a different guy, and most of the time she doesn't use protection - which is what really irritates me. how can you not use protection with a random stranger?!

i need to make her see how dangerous this is for her but i don't know how.
    i've tried talking to her countless times. she's not on the pill so i'm very worried she's going to get pregnant, or chlamidia!
    any ideas?

its good that you care about her. are you at school/college/uni? i know it sounds horrible, but it would be good to talk to the doctor or your mentor or tutor or someone you trust, it could really make all the difference for her. no doubt there are reasons beyond your knowledge as to why she's dong this, and she probably needs help sorting it out.

ReputationRep:
    I can't really pass judgement because I did the same thing at one time (I suppose many people go through this phase?) although as has been stated it really isn't a good idea, although alcohol does play a major role in this kind of behaviour.

I think she is either simply enjoying herself or has experienced deep emotional trauma that is leading her to act this way and disrespect her body. Also, it is all to easy at times to assume that because someone appears descent and attractive that they don't have an STD, which is of course not a reliable criteria to follow.

The funny thing is, if you switched the person in question in this thread from female to male, I think the responses would be a lot more positive lol (but for the lack of protection).

Still, you definitely need to scare her ****less with pictures of herpes and genital warts. One look at Google images and she'll have these men 'wrap' their wieners faster than Twister 'raps' on Slow Jamz lol....

What?...that wasn't a funny pun?...**** you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.