Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your reason for not drinking? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Oh dear, the fact that the bottle of vodka I can see out of the corner of my eye has been calling to me ever since I woke up isn't a good sign then? :rolleyes:
    What's this? Past 4pm is fair game! My bottle of vodka was so nearly empty, it seemed a shame not to finish it off.

Now I only have one and a half litres of the stuff left.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Jace Falco)
    What's this? Past 4pm is fair game! My bottle of vodka was so nearly empty, it seemed a shame not to finish it off.

Now I only have one and a half litres of the stuff left.
    That'll do you for pre-drinks for tow nights out =D

And as I said in my other post, pre-4pm is fair game too!

ReputationRep:
    i'm underage.
    saying that though, i do know a couple people that still do :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I gave up alcohol for lent this year.

I got so much done in the mornings it was unbelievable. I'd heard people mention this "a.m" thing before but...

I also felt much healthier - a lack of hangovers obviously, but also I felt less tired and was generally more cheerful in the daytimes.

Going out and chatting to new people is more difficult when your sober and forcing yourself to do it is brilliant for your confidence, social skills etc. That was probably the best bit.

I can think of a lot of good reasons why you wouldn't want to drink

Spoiler:
    Show
    Yet I'm sat here writing this with a vodka tonic in my hand

ReputationRep:
    Wine? Ha! Dont make me laugh, Shloer ftw

ReputationRep:
    because we are just contribueting to our ****ed up society regardindg the effects of alcohol. 1000nds of people die every year from alcohol-related harm. 1000nds of kids suffer because there parents are cronic alcoholics and too pist to pick them up from school. giving them a slap because thay are not cleaning there sick up. fogetting to cook there dinner oh what dinner their isnt none the cubords are bare . our grandparents suffer in scilence because of the drunken yobs outside there homes pissing up there doors and frowing up over there evergolds. i myself nearly died because i was to pist to walk back to my house ending up unconciouse outside in -4c. i just find it differcult to understand that you cant buy more than two boxes of paracetamol but you can buy 10 bottles of vodka. the governments total outgoings each year as a result of the effects of alcohol is 20 billion. the amount thay make from alcohol is 30 billion. thats a ten billion pound profit. not bad. maybe things will never change. i for one hope thay do. alcohol like any drug is ok in small sensible doses so be safe and plan it out. hope this helped from Alex"The Diet Man".

ReputationRep:
    I drink a little, but I don't like the taste of most alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    MDMA is much better and much safer than alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    Islam and health problems related with alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    i've had bad experience with alcohol, but i still drink

ReputationRep:
    It's never actually taken my fancy.

ReputationRep:
    I do drink, just not often. It makes the drunk nights out and their antics all the more memorable.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really have a reason to. I've got other and more important things to do. It damages your liver in the long run and it doesn't even taste that good to me.

Not saying I've never drunk before or wouldn't drink again, but in general I'm just not a drinker.

ReputationRep:
    well, i'm Polish and obv. nothing can stop me from getting drunk every weekend.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I don't really like the taste. and it's expensive. And I don't like how it makes my hearing go weird.

ReputationRep:
    Grown out of it tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I don't need it to have fun + im the type of person that doesnt know when to stop (lack of self control )

ReputationRep:
    I do drink, but only when I actually fancy a gin and tonic, or whatever. I do like the taste of certain drinks, and wouldn't say no at a wedding reception or anything like that, or even just to the odd one or two at the pub. But I tend not to drink much, especially on nights out to clubs etc. A few reasons for this are:

- Health aspects.
    - Don't need it to have a good time.
    - Would rather not do stupid things, which I have done a lot of in the past when drunk!
    - Massive queues at clubs; I cba a lot of the time
    - Sometimes I don't like the feeling of when I've had too much... the stumbling around, everything spinning... I'd rather not.

ReputationRep:
    Don't feel the need.
    Allows me to train six times a week.
    The satisfaction of knowing you have more money and have got more done in the day than someone who gets ****faced.

ReputationRep:
    Religious reasons, it's bad for my health, and I know how to have fun without alcohol.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.