The Student Room Group

Which would you rather be - a chav or ugly?

Scroll to see replies

I'd much rather be ugly! Chavs rarely have something good to say. Being ugly means nothing.
Reply 21
Chavs are ugly - inside and out.
You're forgetting Cheryl Cole.

I'd rather be a chav. Looks are really important. (:
Ugly
What if you're an ugly chav? *Shrugs*
Reply 25
Original post by rajandkwameali
Nothing is really relative. And I think being a chav is genetic also.

How so? You don't follow the 'nurture' side of nature vs nurture?
Original post by TunnelVision
You're forgetting Cheryl Cole.

I'd rather be a chav. Looks are really important. (:

Status is important also.
Original post by Captain92
How so? You don't follow the 'nurture' side of nature vs nurture?

There is research stating that success in life is based on genetics also.
Reply 28
i'd rather be a chav, for the fact that, i'd still be able to get laid.
A hot Chav...
who ends up being like Cheryl Cole (rich!) due to a fortunate twist of fate.
Reply 30
Chav.

One can alter one's mannerisms and values, but no amount of effort will fix a dog-like face. :wink:
Assuming you mean that I cannot stop being a chav, then I would definitely rather be ugly :smile:.
Why? They're both negative traits.

And illegally downloading a song, and killing 12 people are both crimes. Level's of negativity.

But anyway, ugly. Because I already am
Status is important also.

The OP is implying that chavs can't be successful when they can because look at Cheryl Cole. She is where she is today because she's pretty.

Looks are more important than status imo.
Reply 34
There is research stating that success in life is based on genetics also.

Oh yeah, I agree with that. I just don't think that everything we do in life in predetermined. Some things are, for sure, but for the most part we have the ability to 'edit'
That's my two cents anyway.
Original post by TunnelVision
The OP is implying that chavs can't be successful when they can because look at Cheryl Cole. She is where she is today because she's pretty.

Looks are more important than status imo.

she is a singer/dancer. how many chavs are? Most chav-like people who rise from the gutter have a talent.

I think looks are more important since pop culture says so. In every society, people who are near the top have the most opportunities in life. They also most often have the most rights in that society. Such is life. :colone:
it's hard to stop [...] having six children

If you need advice on not having children, check SafeSex.org.uk :yep:
she is a singer/dancer. how many chavs are? Most chav-like people who rise from the gutter have a talent.

I think looks are more important since pop culture says so. In every society, people who are near the top have the most opportunities in life. They also most often have the most rights in that society. Such is life. :colone:

Cheryl Cole is mostly famous for being pretty. She's not famous for dancing. And she can't sing.
As both ugliness and chaviness are negative qualities, which one would you be, if you had the choice?

I think chaviness is worse, since chavs are at the bottom of the social structure. An ugly person can still be successful, or contribute a lot to the world around them.

But chaviness is something you can change. But when you're ugly, you can't change it (unless you have a lot of surgery)
Original post by tripleeagle
If you need advice on not having children, check SafeSex.org.uk :yep:

Tell that to worthless chavs, not me. They're the ones popping them out. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending