Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    Seconded.

Tbh, it's not particularly. And "out of the way" depends on where you come from anyway :p: It's connected to London by one train, and IIRC you can connect to Peterborough which takes you up and down the country.
    I meant kind of small by out of the way, compared to the big cities that lots of other medical schools are in, Norwich is ... something to consider. Not saying its necessarily a bad thing (some people like smaller places) but if you're living there for 5/6 years the city you are living in is something you should definitely think about. A major reason why I didn't go to Durham is because it's in, well, Stockon-upon-Tees.

ReputationRep:
    I love it! Although pretty biased since I go there and really enjoy it.

If you have any questions more specific that you'd like to ask then feel free. I will try and be objective and honest.

I like the atmosphere in general. The city of Norwich is lovely, and has most things that you would need. It's quite small for a city, but personally that's how I like it. Student housing is generally cheap compared to many places. The uni's support system works well. There's lots of stuff on the campus, the union is pretty good. Events set up by the uni are great, there are also lots of gigs on your doorstep. A lot of the accommodation is really nice. The campus I love, lake and awesome looking buildings and a really nice layout! Reasonable train links.

Ok I'll try and think of some negatives to give a view point... one of the accommodation, which a few people get doesn't look very nice. But I had a friend who still enjoyed living there, and it's cheap. Some people don't like how the buildings are all made of concrete. Although the buses are reasonable, they are often late.

Ok, that was a terrible attempt at negatives lol. But that's because you should go ^^

Seriously though, if you haven't already I'd definitely recommend going on an open day. It really helps you get a feel for the place and how it matches with your personality, that's how I knew I wanted to go here.

Again, like I say, feel free to ask anything specific, quote or PM me.
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    You came to UEA and didn't try to meet me? :haughty:

On topic: I love UEA and though it has it's issues, there's no medical school I'd rather be at.

Yeah, I failed in that respect. But I will be there again (hopefully sometime just after christmas) and I will definitely come and stalk you! :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    i think the course satisfaction comes from applicants actively picking specifics they want at the med school, rather than applying for the usual rah choices UCL, IMperial Bristol n Nottingham etc (where people often dont actively choose what they want in the course and place).

therefor the students there tend to fall on their feet (no pun on suicide there.. ahh imperial lol).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.