The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Economics - F585 Global Economy - Case Study Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by EnhanceTuition
Hi all, I've started looking at this case study and am putting together some YouTube tutorials for F585. I started a few last year that were pretty popular on www.youtube.com/ohjuneth but this year I'll be posting them online to www.youtube.com/EnhanceTuition. I will examine the introduction, individual extracts and discuss overlaps with material in the F585 specification. You can check out the materials I put together for the June exam to get an idea of my approach. The final question also follows a similar pattern - as all past OCR F585 papers have drawn their final question from the final paragraph of the introduction. More on this later...

Thanks a ton! Cant wait to see the videos

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my XT615
Reply 21
when do you reckon your school will get it by mate @king101
Reply 22
Original post by EspanaShaq
when do you reckon your school will get it by mate @king101

They say before holidays to supplement the revision.

Reply 23
I really need the APT Initiatives Guide, if anyone could possibly PM it to me or email me it, I would really appreciate it as I have no funds to buy it myself. I've already PM'd King101 about it, hopefully I'll get a reply quickly.
Reply 24
Original post by EspanaShaq
The APT is a cheat shet basically its a perfectly legal document given out by a company with around 30 questions with most coming up on the paper or a similar question comes up, it also has a complete breakdown of the case study. Problem is it costs 60 quid so im looking for somewhere to find it.

Buy the APT analysis directly from the small company (apt-initiatives ltd) who produce them as otherwise they won’t be there next year to produce the resources for other students. They already provide them at a 40% discounted rate to students (for their use only) for £28.80 plus vat. Also for copyright reasons people can be prosecuted.
Reply 25
Original post by anna-log
Scorpiaz is right the APT F585 is fantastic resource.

In my opinion its alright BUT its way to much info. You shoulx be able to read stimulus and analysis of mlost things. I dont think it should be used JUST for making revision like not sole revision if you get what i mean
Reply 26
Original post by anna-log
Selling or obtaining a company’s analysis by any other means is a copyright infringement and those involved could be prosecuted. Buy the APT analysis directly from the small company (apt-initiatives ltd) who produce them as otherwise they won’t be there next year to produce the resources for other students. They already provide them at a 40% discounted rate to students (for their use only) for £28.80 plus vat. Also for copyright reasons people can be prosecuted.

Is there a source for this student price? I assume everyone that bought it would be a student
Reply 27
Original post by Scorpiaz
Is there a source for this student price? I assume everyone that bought it would be a student

Just wondering if anyone can answer my question. Right if Greece default on the debt they have to leave the euro right? So does that mean there debt is gone? Or is the debt still there but there just not getting any financial support anymore?

And same with Argentina? Since Argentina left the pegged currency, was the debt still there?
Reply 28
How is everyone revising for this exam? What do you think the big essay will be on?
Reply 29
ditto^
Reply 30
This exam is gonna be a killer!! I tried doing the ATP mock paper but still so difficult. I hate the sample answers they have given..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Quick question; If say on the questions we like hit level 3 before 2, so we get stuff/points on level 3 before level 2 would they still class it as level 3 the bits before the level 2 point?
Reply 32
Original post by king101
Just wondering if anyone can answer my question. Right if Greece default on the debt they have to leave the euro right? So does that mean there debt is gone? Or is the debt still there but there just not getting any financial support anymore?

And same with Argentina? Since Argentina left the pegged currency, was the debt still there?

I also wondered this and asked my tutor, he said it gets complicated and would depend on lots of things, and you won't need to know the full extent of it for the exam.
But generally I think defaulting would severely limit their imports as people would be reluctant to trade with them after not paying their money back, therefore worsening the quality of life in Greece, as there would be less variety and essentials may be foregone. Thats just one route you could take it, obviously there are many more implications.
Reply 33
Original post by Mamataj
How is everyone revising for this exam? What do you think the big essay will be on?

going through the questions on the toolkit and kind of summarising points
Reply 34
Original post by king101
Sure I'll PM it you when I get it schools defo buying it :smile:

Hi mate could please pm me it as well it would be much appreciated :smile: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by bad8oy
Hi mate could please pm me it as well it would be much appreciated :smile: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got it but do not actually have a scanner so sorry don't really know how I can give it :frown:. I asked my teacher a bit time ago for a PDF document of it, but still got no word back so sorry mate :/

But there is someone else on this forum a few pages back I think that has it and able to PM you it :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by king101
I've got it but do not actually have a scanner so sorry don't really know how I can give it :frown:. I asked my teacher a bit time ago for a PDF document of it, but still got no word back so sorry mate :/

But there is someone else on this forum a few pages back I think that has it and able to PM you it :smile:

It's alright pal might just see if a mate would wanna go halves on a copy :smile: £30 each shouldn't be to bad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by bad8oy
It's alright pal might just see if a mate would wanna go halves on a copy :smile: £30 each shouldn't be to bad

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad to see someone paying rather than just free loading of other people when they can afford it reminds me of a free rider from unit 1 lol :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by king101
Glad to see someone paying rather than just free loading of other people when they can afford it reminds me of a free rider from unit 1 lol :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol aha i'm probably more of a free rider then anyone else on the forum :eek:
Reply 39
Original post by bad8oy
lol aha i'm probably more of a free rider then anyone else on the forum :eek:

Hahaa lol :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest