Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    67bpm

ReputationRep:
    69-70bpm, male 22.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    Howdo all,

So jus through curiosity I thought I'd check my heart beat per minute. I got 96 beats pr a minute (resting). For a female aged 24, is this normal???

Just curious to know but what is your heart beat per minute??? :-)
    Anything from really 50-100 is considered 'normal'. Although its different for everyone and it does depend on the literature you read too. 96bpm ain't bad, it depends on SO many factors at the end of the day

Don't worry and i wouldn't listen to silly teens on here! If you're really worried see your GP but i don't see a need too!

ReputationRep:
    Yea I exercise on a reg. basis, ie Ballet, Tap.

I don't know if it's high because I'm on antibiotics????
    If you're on antibiotics, then infections send heart rates a bit higher quite often- even if you're feeling better you're body is still recovering. Pleaseeee dont compare your rate to others on here- or listen to silly comments about thyroid/fat/unfit!!

ReputationRep:
    I cant count mine it's just too faint. I tried hand on chest, wrist and neck

(Original post by theiantomywanda)
    OP have you had your thyroid checked?
    Drs are investigating that at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Mine's 64, and I am extremely unfit. (I don't think I've gone for a run in.. at least 4 months.) :B

ReputationRep:
    im on 59, and am very active...

ReputationRep:
    Mine hangs around 90. Not looking forward to the myocardial infarction...

ReputationRep:
    Drs are investigating that at the moment.
    If you're over-active that would explain it. It usually comes with symptoms of weight loss, agitation, insomnia, excessive heat and increased appetite. I had a similar problem when I was anaemic, make sure they check your Iron levels and Ferritin too.

(Original post by Subcutaneous)
    If you're on antibiotics, then infections send heart rates a bit higher quite often- even if you're feeling better you're body is still recovering. Pleaseeee dont compare your rate to others on here- or listen to silly comments about thyroid/fat/unfit!!
    My Dr checked my blood pressure and heart rate yesterday, and it was fine then. I started taking antibiotics yes. evening, woke up this morning with heart rate a tad high, which mum said is normal.

I've had a lot on my plate lately, battling with bad chest, various aches and pains, and worrying over other things. So I'm guessing that factor as well as antibiotics is what has pushed it up abit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomheppy)
    Mine hangs around 90. Not looking forward to the myocardial infarction...
    You'll be surprised what the heart can handle. Apparently it can go well into the 200s before becoming fatigued.

ReputationRep:
    x
    You're too nice

Mine ~80 bpm...although the method I used is pretty sucky :mmm:

(Original post by theiantomywanda)
    If you're over-active that would explain it. It usually comes with symptoms of weight loss, agitation, insomnia, excessive heat and increased appetite. I had a similar problem when I was anaemic, make sure they check your Iron levels and Ferritin too.
    My weight has stayed the same, I'm eating, although my appetite is up and down @ the mo, didn't sleep well last night and I'm never over hot. So I've no idea. Hmmmmm. I've had my iron levels checked and that's fine. Altho Dr said on Friday my B12 is a little low, along with my white cells which Drsaid is nowt to worry about. So I'm having another blood test to look at my vitamins.

ReputationRep:
    My Dr checked my blood pressure and heart rate yesterday, and it was fine then. I started taking antibiotics yes. evening, woke up this morning with heart rate a tad high, which mum said is normal.

I've had a lot on my plate lately, battling with bad chest, various aches and pains, and worrying over other things. So I'm guessing that factor as well as antibiotics is what has pushed it up abit.
    That sounds more realistic than the silly suggestions on here! If you're stressed, feeling under the weather it can often happen to get a bit of anxiety. Anxiety attacks manifest in different ways and often just how you described above. On top of battling an infection its perfectly reasonable.

Chill out, get off TSR, have a cup of tea and don't let it bother you. If you were one of my patients 96bpm wouldn't worry me

That sounds more realistic than the silly suggestions on here! If you're stressed, feeling under the weather it can often happen to get a bit of anxiety. Anxiety attacks manifest in different ways and often just how you described above. On top of battling an infection its perfectly reasonable.

Chill out, get off TSR, have a cup of tea and don't let it bother you. If you were one of my patients 96bpm wouldn't worry me
    For once someone on Tsr is listening and taking my post seriously, so thank you.

I've had numerous trips to A&E, 5 ECGs, 6blood tests, Dr appointments galore and no Dr cud wrk out whats wrong, apart from noticing i have a bad chest that grumbles when they listen to my chest. So I'm on the strongest antibiotics to clear it this weekend. The Drs even said it might be Costochondritis?? :dontknow:

I get anxiety a lot, esp. lately with trying to find out what's wrong. I was under investigation for DVT and that has contributed a lot to my anxiety, constantly fretting and worrying that they've missed something or I've got a clot on my chest. But Drs have said that no clot was found on my scans and everything seems fine.

I think I jus need to chill out, like ya said and take it easy. And battle with this chest. I WILL beat this damn thing and not ruin my graduation on Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    get down that gym girl

ReputationRep:
    52 BPM Male 16 chubby (imo)

ReputationRep:
    60 - 70

ReputationRep:
    Yea I exercise on a reg. basis, ie Ballet, Tap.

I don't know if it's high because I'm on antibiotics????

Yeah your body is gonna be working away at fighting those bacteria that will be why it is high.
    When I'm on the bike machine in the gym it tends to bpm at like 160-170 which is just insane. I'm not even working that hard! Either the machines are wrong or I know that my heartbeat is different to the 'normal' one so that will probably be it. (Not dangerous or anything or so I know)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.