Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Footballer of the Year 2010 - The Nominations Watch

ReputationRep:
    Messi is the best player on the planet, but Sneijder had a better season.

Sneijder deserves it.

ReputationRep:
    How did Jon Obi Mikel make an appearance in this thread ffs :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    419, mos def.

:holmes:

Sorry, I'm not really helping. I feel like a fraud, I hardly post in legitimate football threads.

ReputationRep:
    Lucas.

ReputationRep:
    I think it will be Messi, though it's been a strange year for football. Sneidjers not far behind but was part of a great Inter team and really didn't do enough to win the world cup . Messi continued to score ludicrous amounts of goals but also coped with pressure of being the best player in the world very well in my opinion. Xavi and Iniesta are real contenders as well, and if they were one player, they would have one this before, but they are both so good and similar that it would be unfair to award it one and not the other in some ways. WIthout these two you get the Messi of Argentina and they are really for me the duo that made Spain world champions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    Has had an excellent 2010...

Although, still why is there no DIDIER in your nominations?!

ReputationRep:
    I thought this was going to be a thread about the best TSR player at the meets. Then when I read the first person was Messi, I was genuinly happy :rofl2::sad:

ReputationRep:
    David Beckham.

ReputationRep:
    messis gonna get it for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    I thought this was going to be a thread about the best TSR player at the meets. Then when I read the first person was Messi, I was genuinly happy :rofl2::sad:
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    :facepalm2:
    I shall prove it in December :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Sneijder, the favourite? lol.

The favourite is Messi. Nevertheless, I hope Xavi gets it. There's no other player like him.

ReputationRep:
    I shall prove it in December :yep:
    I'll obliterate you in the first minute. Crippling us both :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Wheres Cecsy Cesc?

Park Ji-Sung.

ReputationRep:
      Berbatov :teehee:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Victor-PP)

The favourite is Messi. Nevertheless, I hope Xavi gets it. There's no other player like him.
      Sneijder is the favourite.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by cfc1992)
      Has had an excellent 2010...

Although, still why is there no DIDIER in your nominations?!
      No plans to update the OP, it was merely a few of my musings. Drogba is a fine choice though.

I almost put a disclaimer that they had to be professional footballers but I didn't think anyone would be so stupid/egotistical ffs

(Original post by Victor-PP)

Sneijder is the favourite in my eyes, but it wasn't based on odds. As it turns out, I've just checked and he is the favourite with the bookmakers after all. You'll also notice I posted in favour of Messi :yep:

ReputationRep:
      Sneijder favourite? So its not world's best player, its favourite world cup player who had a some sort of club season too. Messi and Ronaldo best 2 by a mile in my eyes. Not discounting what Sneijder did at the WC, but that was 6 weeks. And yes he won the italian treble, but where has he been since august? Mid table from what I hear. Also, the treble was part of a great team under a great manager.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by rorydaredking)
      Sneijder favourite? So its not world's best player, its favourite world cup player who had a some sort of club season too. Messi and Ronaldo best 2 by a mile in my eyes. Not discounting what Sneijder did at the WC, but that was 6 weeks. And yes he won the italian treble, but where has he been since august? Mid table from what I hear. Also, the treble was part of a great team under a great manager.
      WPOTY has hardly been a decent gauge of the best player in the world. I don't see how it's difficult to see how he's favourite.

But that is irrelevant because this is Colbert's special TSR thread :lovedup:

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
    Updated: November 30, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.