Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think of these boots? Watch

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: £120 for those? If you like them its your money.

ReputationRep:
    I think they are hideous, but will keep you pretty warm I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    NICER than Uggs, more worth your money and trust the brand.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like them personally; bit too slipper-ish for my liking. They'd keep you warm though I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    What do you suggest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly Hiskey)
    I don't like them personally; bit too slipper-ish for my liking. They'd keep you warm though I suppose.
    Could you suggest some?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmileyGurl13)
    Could you suggest some?
    How about some standard black leather knee high boots? They'll be in fashion forever, you can wear thick socks underneath so they're warm, plus they tend to be waterproof or near enough, especially if you use one of those sprays. On the other hand Uggs and similar looking boots probably won't be around for too much longer, so if you're going to shell out that kind of money it may as well be for something classic!

ReputationRep:
    I think they look really bad, but if you like them, then get them. You're the one who'll actually be wearing them.

ReputationRep:
    How about some standard black leather knee high boots? They'll be in fashion forever, you can wear thick socks underneath so they're warm, plus they tend to be waterproof or near enough, especially if you use one of those sprays. On the other hand Uggs and similar looking boots probably won't be around for too much longer, so if you're going to shell out that kind of money it may as well be for something classic!
    Ew, not black leather.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueflare)
    I think they look really bad, but if you like them, then get them. You're the one who'll actually be wearing them.
    Why do they look bad?

ReputationRep:
    Why do they look bad?
    Mainly the faux fur/fuzzy stuff, it just looks tacky in my opinion.

I wouldn't wear it but as I say, if you like it, then whatever. Everyone has different tastes. They do look warm and like they're good quality.

ReputationRep:
    theyre nice, but i dont think theyre worth 120

ReputationRep:
    Ew, not black leather.
    Do you object to the colour or the material?

ReputationRep:
    Okay what about these http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/...b=Home%7EWomen

ReputationRep:
    Colour

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Blueflare)
    Mainly the faux fur/fuzzy stuff, it just looks tacky in my opinion.

I wouldn't wear it but as I say, if you like it, then whatever. Everyone has different tastes. They do look warm and like they're good quality.

(Original post by sarahthegemini)

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/...b=Home%7EWomen
    What about these?

ReputationRep:
    The link doesn't seem to work!
    If you don't like black, how about brown or tan?

ReputationRep:
    They'd be useless in the snow as the sole is so thin that your feet will be constantly in water. That will also make them cold to wear. And you would also be sliding all over the place as they don't have any grip.

ReputationRep:
    Not my cup of tea, they look too much like uggs. I suggest some nice chunky brown leather boots or doc martens

ReputationRep:
    Are they leather, cos I showed my mum them and she said they looked like they were suede.
    Their leather, in the sense their made from real skin not plasticy cheap synthetic.

But their suede leather, meaning they have a suede finish not smooth like a leather couch.

So you'll have to take good care particularly if it rains. I will add that; the protector spray really does help rain run off rather than soaking into the suede so id buy some to put on them before you venture out

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.