Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Black Knife Crime Plague Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    **** knives, I carry ****ing machetes around with me so I can go all Rwandan on anyone who pisses me off.
    That gonna reinforce the generalisations.

ReputationRep:
    From my time on the Student Room, I have learned that you cannot make a thread like this without being branded a Daily Mail reading Nazi/racist (whatever degree of truth there may be to it).

I think it's fairly undeniable that knife and gun crime are a lot more prevalent among the black community, however this type of crime is often synonymous with abject poverty too. It's certainly not a clear-cut issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HighestKungFu)
    From my time on the Student Room, I have learned that you cannot make a thread like this without being branded a Daily Mail reading Nazi/racist (whatever degree of truth there may be to it).

I think it's fairly undeniable that knife and gun crime are a lot more prevalent among the black community, however this type of crime is often synonymous with abject poverty too. It's certainly not a clear-cut issue.
    To be fair the guy that made this thread is blatantly racist, whenever I see a thread about black crime it is always used as an excuse to "stop immigration" or something ridiculous along those lines, lo and behold the thread starter is mostly always prejudiced. Ive never seen a thread like this which isnt trying to stir up some racial hatred in one form or another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmartFool)
    To be fair the guy that made this thread is blatantly racist, whenever I see a thread about black crime it is always used as an excuse to "stop immigration" or something ridiculous along those lines, lo and behold the thread starter is mostly always prejudiced. Ive never seen a thread like this which isnt trying to stir up some racial hatred in one form or another.
    Thanks for your input... now get back to the kitchen - now.

ReputationRep:
    The report seems to actually have been a leak, with the Daily Mail the only readibly accessible website that has given the figures. The figures reported in this article is based on crime rates in London. I'll quote some interesting points.

In cases where ethnicity was logged by police, 222 of the 345 under-18s attacked or threatened with a blade since April 1* were white. Sixty-one were black.The ethnicity of a further 292 victims aged under 18 was not stated.

*The article was written in July

The suggestion in the OP that whites are the largest demographic of victims is implying race to be a motivation in these stabbings. Anyone living in London, in areas where there is high crime rate, will tell you there is no race war between black and white youths. That's an absurd suggestion. In fact, most will struggle to explain the figures that attempt to reinforce that point because half of those suspected of knife crime were black, and yet there were 60 (of the recorded 637 incidents) black victims, and over 220 white victims. Out of the 637 that were logged, more than half of the incidents were not logged to include ethnicity. Why?

Compare this to gun violence in the capital, where it seems to be largely amongst the black community (e.g. Trident), where that does reflect the reality of what happens on the streets, and that 2008 report makes little sense. But then again the fact that it covers a three month period where more than half of the incidents were not recorded may be relevant because the idea that white kids being the most common victims of black knife crime is genuinely difficult to imagine in this city.

Not surprised the BNP have used this to push their argument on immigration, which they seem to cite as the cause of most of our society's problems. The United States is an example where you have almost half of the prison population being black despite accounting for a minority in the country's overall population, and they did not come fresh off the boat from Ghana or get in illegally. The basis behind their reasoning is that an multi-racial society cannot integrate properly and live in peace. They've argued this before, most famously in their condemnation of interracial marriages. But this particular example of black crime, I feel, doesn't really fit in with the case against immigration in this country (which is largely perceived to be an Asian dynamic).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iron Mike)
    Here you go
    Priceless.

ReputationRep:
    wow propaganda at its finest.
    A it is not black culture
    B South Africa is a lot worse
    C war zone= gross exaggeration
    D I'm pretty sure that most crimes are committed within ones own race
    E racial demographic of britain growing darker this must be a BNP supporter
    lol just clicked the link it really was the BNP

ReputationRep:
    Youll probably be branded as a racist for posting this so credit for posting it.
    I havnt clicked the link but what you said sounds true because I cant remember last time I saw on anti white BBC news of a white teen stabbing a black teen.

ReputationRep:
    END THREAD
    ------------

You just copied and pasted this off the BNP website.

It's not entirely going to be an unbiased article is it?

You silly old Nazi sausage you.

ReputationRep:
    It's the same the world over. Even in Canada, that bastion of "racial harmony", "multiculturalism" and "freedom", black people are 4 times more likely to be criminals than white people. And it's not like they're repressed, discriminated against or loathed.

Black people are just more inclined to engage in criminal behaviour. Simple statistical analysis and the ability to comprehend basic information would allow you to see this.

Whites and Asians tend to be less involved in criminality overall. It's no surprise these trends are repeated across the western world. It's not random chance nor is it "whiteys" fault. Time for black people to man up and take responsibility for a change instead of blaming everything and everyone else. Likewise, time for people to stop listening to the PC garbage thrown around regularly where essentially no one is ever to blame for anything because there's always some institutional reason that absolves one of all charges against them.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    No I live in Vauxhall. What are you trying to incite, racial hatred? If so you are failing miserably.
    Got asked this on another thread and I could not answer it but you may be able to. If socio-economic factors are to blame why are so many black people more likely to be poor/commit crime ect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Got asked this on another thread and I could not answer it but you may be able to. If socio-economic factors are to blame why are so many black people more likely to be poor/commit crime ect.
    Lol I posted in this thread? Anyway, I would argue that the reason why black people are more like to be poor and commit crimes stem back to the 50s. The problem is that given all the racism and discrimination that we suffered, we became disillusioned and this trickled down to later generations. However, as time goes by, we forget why we are frustrated and take out our festering anger on each other. Furthermore, black people tend to have more single-mother families and given the fact that unlike the Asians, we were not necessarily as entrpreneurial, we were at a loss as to how to better ourselves and given the fact that a black man had to (though some argue this still occurs) work ten times harder than a white man to get recognised, we got caught in this vicious cycle of poverty. Tbh I'm confusing myself now and I'm probably being verbose

All I can say is that I am one of the lucky ones and I hope I have somehow answered your question.

ReputationRep:
    An interesting read:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Groups also differ due to human biological diversity, so it isn't surprising that there are persistent statistical differences. http://infoproc.blogspot.com/2007/01...nomes-and.html

As an example, consider testosterone:

Mean testosterone levels in blacks were 19% higher than in whites, and free testosterone levels were 21% higher. Both these differences were statistically significant.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3455741

There are also cultural and environmental factors, but these interract with biological factors (similarly, men commit far more crime than women for biological and cultural reasons).

Walsh's book on the bio-social causes of crime is a good starting point.

http://books.google.co.nz/books?id=v...page&q&f=false

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chi019)
    Groups also differ due to human biological diversity, so it isn't surprising that there are persistent statistical differences. http://infoproc.blogspot.com/2007/01...nomes-and.html

As an example, consider testosterone:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3455741

There are also cultural and environmental factors, but these interract with biological factors (similarly, men commit far more crime than women for biological and cultural reasons).

Walsh's book on the bio-social causes of crime is a good starting point.

http://books.google.co.nz/books?id=v...page&q&f=false
    There is maybe also an issue with the speed of development. For example, if you have black kid getting taller faster than white kids, this is going to give them a certain fighting advantage. If in the meantime this population doesn't have a strong cultural taboo against aggressive behaviour, this might translate by bullying and gang culture.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.