Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't have time to workout, suggestions? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugbyladosc)
    she's a bird mate
    you wouldn't recommend a girl to deadlift bench and/or squat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsforsale)
    you wouldn't recommend a girl to deadlift bench and/or squat?
    yeah I would but not 'eat' like you do when you are bulking. unless she is bulking then fairplay to her

ReputationRep:
    yeah I would but not 'eat' like you do when you are bulking. unless she is bulking then fairplay to her
    Who mentioned eating :confused:

ReputationRep:
    If you're doing any sort of lifting you do have to eat decent stuff, enough low GI carbs and enough protein, don't have to go to the extremes of 3000 cals, nor did I say so in my post, but you would have to have a good well balanced diet all the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kash:))
    why the **** with the neg rep, i'm in enough of a ****ing bad mood anyway, ffs
    If you're attempting to lose fat (I assume you are). First, find the right diet i.e. cutting out carbs and so on.

Go tesco's, buy a set of DB's, a skipping rope, an Eminem CD = sorted.

GL and stick at it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Threepigs)
    If you're attempting to lose fat (I assume you are). First, find the right diet i.e. cutting out carbs and so on.

Go tesco's, buy a set of DB's, a skipping rope, an Eminem CD = sorted.

GL and stick at it.
    No, the main reason I was trying to find time to exercise wasn't to do about losing fat.

and it's gonna be a long time till I can exercise again due to my broken ****ing ankle

ReputationRep:
    and it's gonna be a long time till I can exercise again due to my broken ****ing ankle
    Not really true, i was talking to a trainer at the gym about it last week when i was entering an offroad race(just incase...)

He basically said just to hit the weights for 6 weeks or so if you break your ankle, and a lot of gym have other machines for upper body...

Not that you can afford the gym easily but it'd be worth trying to go once a week or something...

ReputationRep:
    I don't have time to train... but I want to a good body.

It's you against excuses, It's you against can't. Make time. Time management. It's upto you.

- Get a bike with lights and go a cycle.
    - Buy a pull-up bar.
    Whatever... Opitions are many.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    Not really true, i was talking to a trainer at the gym about it last week when i was entering an offroad race(just incase...)

He basically said just to hit the weights for 6 weeks or so if you break your ankle, and a lot of gym have other machines for upper body...

Not that you can afford the gym easily but it'd be worth trying to go once a week or something...
    I can't afford the gym.. at all.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard "I can't afford stuff" before...

And normally these people are either wasting a lot of money or not being bothered to get a job.

I have no help from parents at all and just live off student loan and job wages and i easily afford the gym...

(Original post by a_t)
      If you're doing any sort of lifting you do have to eat decent stuff, enough low GI carbs and enough protein, don't have to go to the extremes of 3000 cals, nor did I say so in my post, but you would have to have a good well balanced diet all the same
      since when was 3000 cals extreme lol

spend less money on your binge drinking

ReputationRep:
        I've heard "I can't afford stuff" before...

And normally these people are either wasting a lot of money or not being bothered to get a job.

I have no help from parents at all and just live off student loan and job wages and i easily afford the gym...
        I have a job.. I don't waste money as I rarely have anything to spend

(Original post by commandant)
        spend less money on your binge drinking
        **** off. I rarely drink, and I have never spent any money on alcohol.

ReputationRep:
        Do this in your room;

20 burpees, 10 press ups, 10 mountain climbers (alternate squat thrusts), 10 sit ups. Reduce each set of burpees by 2 but keep other sets static at 10. Stop when you have counted down to zero. It works!

ReputationRep:
        I have a job.. I don't waste money as I rarely have anything to spend

**** off. I rarely drink, and I have never spent any money on alcohol.
        If you have a job how do you have no money?

You MUST be wasting money somewhere...

Maybe pick up a few more shifts a month at work?

Gym memberships are about £15 a month for the average uni gym so that's what, 3 hours working?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by SimonSmart)
        Do this in your room;

20 burpees, 10 press ups, 10 mountain climbers (alternate squat thrusts), 10 sit ups. Reduce each set of burpees by 2 but keep other sets static at 10. Stop when you have counted down to zero. It works!
        Thanks for this. I actually have a broken ankle atm, by the time that heals I reckon it'll be light enough on mornings/evenings to go out. Thanks agian.

ReputationRep:
        If you have a job how do you have no money?

You MUST be wasting money somewhere...

Maybe pick up a few more shifts a month at work?

Gym memberships are about £15 a month for the average uni gym so that's what, 3 hours working?
        The average is £30 in my area. I'm not at uni.

ReputationRep:
        If you have time to post 3770 times on TSR, you have time to exercise, you just don't want to.

All I'm seeing are a list of excuses

ReputationRep:
        Darkness really is NOT an excuse.

Gymnasiums do not alter their opening times during to change in season....

I personally run to the city centre and back in Manchester, since my local park is closed as soon as I come home.

If you insist on NOT working out you must lower your calorie intake, even if it is healthy food otherwise you WILL gain weight.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Wenger)
        Darkness really is NOT an excuse.

Gymnasiums do not alter their opening times during to change in season....

I personally run to the city centre and back in Manchester, since my local park is closed as soon as I come home.

If you insist on NOT working out you must lower your calorie intake, even if it is healthy food otherwise you WILL gain weight.
        I live in the county, after people called my a pussyhole who lacked motivation, I went for a run, went over on a tree root, broke my ankle.

And why does everyone assume people just exercise because they want to lose weight??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.