Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

deadmau5- 4x4=12 Watch

ReputationRep:
    listen to Pryda and your never go back to this stuff :p:

deadmau5 is good, but far too over rated his like tiesto, good but not that great

how people can list progressive house without the likes of John Digweed, Sasha, Eddie Halliwell and anything that comes out of Armada Music

its not auteur hour with those guys, Justice and Mylo don't even come close

i really need to listen to the album to comment on it, if he is trying dubstep bit of a fail really

ReputationRep:
    Had Joel said anything about taking a break after this tour? Just i decided not to go to any of his winter gigs because i'd already spent up at leeds fest at the time and i wasn't sure how good his new album was going to be.

Anyway I was just wondering if he was taking some time out after these tours? Because if not he'll be back in england within no time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    I know but that's all it is, it has no real effect on the house scene. You never hear house DJ's dropping the likes of Justice and Mylo. Most house producers don't release artists albums but they are far more influential and appreciated. You sound like one of those people who voted for Justice in top 100 DJ poll recently and manage to sneak them into 96th place somehow. Shouldn't have been anywhere near.
    Why would i waste my time on some ridiculous dj poll which no one cares about? It's a load of rubbish anyway. I think Andy C is the only dnb dj and he should be top 5 no question. It's just commercial **** as david guetta is jokingly in the top 5 i think and tiesto is which is even funnier. And i wouldn't say dj wise Justice are that good. Productions are very strong though. And Cross is very strong, so is planisphere

I'm one of those who think albums define how good an artist is. If you can't release a good album then you aren't that good, simples. You can be influential yes, but not much more.

ReputationRep:
    LOL people here should listen to Joel's old stuff before critizing his newer tracks. Most people would have never heard of "cyclic redundancy" or his remix of Cherry Twist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Why would i waste my time on some ridiculous dj poll which no one cares about? It's a load of rubbish anyway. I think Andy C is the only dnb dj and he should be top 5 no question. It's just commercial **** as david guetta is jokingly in the top 5 i think and tiesto is which is even funnier. And i wouldn't say dj wise Justice are that good. Productions are very strong though. And Cross is very strong, so is planisphere

I'm one of those who think albums define how good an artist is. If you can't release a good album then you aren't that good, simples. You can be influential yes, but not much more.
    That is ridiculous. Any producer could easily save up a few EP's and bundle them togther to release an album, most choose to make steady releases throughout the year though. The quality, quantity and consistency of other producers is what puts them on another level compared to the likes of Justice etc.

Robinson mentioned Prydz, he's been on fire the last few years in the house scene. His Pryda and Cirez D work probably gets supported more than any other artist out there, but he hasn't released an album so you don't think he's good?

ReputationRep:
    Really don't think he's "selling out" or whatever ridiculous terms one might come up with.
    People may say his dubstep is a failure; I think that him not trying dubstep at all out of fear would be a failure.
    Whether he has 'commercial appeal' is irrelevant, surely? I like his music, if there is a song I don't like I don't listen to it, I think that when it comes to artists experimenting and trying new stuff, we're all for the most part too quick to shout that they're selling out and we need to get opff our high horses and just enjoy the music we like without ****ging off everything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giran)
    LOL people here should listen to Joel's old stuff before critizing his newer tracks. Most people would have never heard of "cyclic redundancy" or his remix of Cherry Twist.
    Don't undestand what you mean. What would listening to his older stuff do to change your opinion of newer stuff. I have listened to both. I got the cherry twist remix, it's ok, the original deffo better.

(Original post by mau5)
    That is ridiculous. Any producer could easily save up a few EP's and bundle them togther to release an album, most choose to make steady releases throughout the year though. The quality, quantity and consistency of other producers is what puts them on another level compared to the likes of Justice etc.

Robinson mentioned Prydz, he's been on fire the last few years in the house scene. His Pryda and Cirez D work probably gets supported more than any other artist out there, but he hasn't released an album so you don't think he's good?
    Pryda and most of progressive house bores me to tears. It's just not interesting to listen to. Maybe it is when you don't listen to much other styles of music i don't know? So i guess that is where we disagree. Where i am there is no house scene which is a shame as maybe seeing the djs live would change my opinion of it slightly. But either way there are far better producers in other fields of electronic music. And much more innovation too. Progressive house is hardly going anywhere. I mean why do you think there is a pretty small fanbase on it. It's generally big in london but outside there is nothing really happening to my knowledge

I will stick to what i say, you need to have really good albums to be a good producer end of day. It's very important part of music throughout the years and still is. To be a good dj is a different story though

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.