Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How does my life plan sound... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Sounds a bit boring if i'm being honest.

ReputationRep:
    what if u die at your 23?

useless planning too much eh?

i was wondering

ReputationRep:
    To plan everything years in advance kinda suggests you'd rather stick to deadlines than do things when they feel right. A lot can be said for playing things by ear.

ReputationRep:
    ha ha. good luck.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Your "cool geek" of a husband is going to cheat on you because you're far too controlling and don't put out anywhere near enough.

That would be a better, more sensible life plan.

Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Haha TSR, you do amuse. "She hasn't mentioned anything about working! she's going to live off the taxpayer for life!" Best confirm this eh? :p:

Good luck with your life plan

ReputationRep:
    ..'life plan'..?

I'm struggling to fit marriage and Kids into my plan, but I'm definitley having bambinos.
    College 16 - 18
    Learn to play chess
    Learn to speed cube
    University 18 - 22
    Learn to play guitar
    Learn Mandarin
    Harvard Business School/similar? 22-24
    Move to Shanghai
    Work in Investment banking in Shanghai 24 - 26
    Buy my first property
    Move to New York, work on wall street 26 +
    Progress upwards in career
    earn lots of money
    Buy another house
    Move back to UK, find a husband and have kiddywinkles - some undefined age
    Live and work in London in Investment Banking, some undefined age - 68
    Retire from the rat race
    Move to Stratford upon Avon
    Teach college students
    Die relatively happy and considerably rich.

That's the plan - quite optimistic eh? :P
    Plan B isn't quite that great.

ReputationRep:
    I love how your "life" plan only goes up to age 30...

ReputationRep:
    This makes little sense.
    "I plan to start a serious relationship by the time I hit 21"
    "That leave me starting to look for serious relationship as soon as I hit 21"

Start looking or start being with someone? If you're going to wait till 30 with marriage anyway, you have little rush.

This is not a life plan, it's a plan for relationships. And it's not even very good for that.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    It's a nice plan, but life usually doesn't turn out as you planned.

ReputationRep:
    Eurgh. Life plan lulz.

ReputationRep:
    with life i cant assure someone to live till the next day coz i dont have a guarantee 4 it tbh later planning my life. Gud luck anyway

ReputationRep:
    I've learnt that life is harsh and you can never set a determined timeline for the things you want from life. Some people are lucky, but you're more likely to be dissapointed. It's best to just take life as it comes

ReputationRep:
    a 'cool nerd' is an oxymoron, but so are you :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *mMmMm*)
    I plan to start a serious relationship by the time I hit 21. The guy has took at least look ok, be quite smart, study and work at the same time maintain both well. Has to drink and party, be sociable and bubbly yet very smart and funny. He has to be nice and caring, sweet; prefer a cute, cool nerd.

At 30 I plan to start thinking of marriage.

That leave me starting to look for serious relationship as soon as I hit 21. I stop looking at 24 once I met the best person and everything works out.

At 27 I am still with the same person since age 24, it all goes well. I realise it is a serious relationship and think of marrying him, take 3 years getting to know him more and planning the wedding for when I hit 30.

Am still working on it but it doesn't leave me much time for the 21 goal. I plan to start thinking of marriage at 30 but it depends how ready I am, would be surprising if it is before. Also that serious relationship thing would be a pretty huge thing to deal with.
    Thinking you need to draw up a flow chart and establish some milestones to help keep you on schedule.

(Original post by -beads-)
    Just give me a ring - me and my boyfriend will have a threesome with you; that'll make you 'normal'.

Side-effects = extreme kinkiness, extreme horniness, extreme dirtyyy girl...so nothing bad.

Rewards = amazing sex for life.
    Gotta love ya -beads-
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Honest to God, I thought I had my life planned out. Only one year later and it has all gone to Hell really :p:

Take life as it comes, or you'll just be disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *mMmMm*)
    I plan to start a serious relationship by the time I hit 21. The guy has took at least look ok, be quite smart, study and work at the same time maintain both well. Has to drink and party, be sociable and bubbly yet very smart and funny. He has to be nice and caring, sweet; prefer a cute, cool nerd.

At 30 I plan to start thinking of marriage.

That leave me starting to look for serious relationship as soon as I hit 21. I stop looking at 24 once I met the best person and everything works out.

At 27 I am still with the same person since age 24, it all goes well. I realise it is a serious relationship and think of marrying him, take 3 years getting to know him more and planning the wedding for when I hit 30.

Am still working on it but it doesn't leave me much time for the 21 goal. I plan to start thinking of marriage at 30 but it depends how ready I am, would be surprising if it is before. Also that serious relationship thing would be a pretty huge thing to deal with.
    It's nice to dream once in a while, but I think you need a reality check. By setting up a life plan for yourself, you are almost guaranteed disappointment, because you'll just compare everything to its standards. Drop the life plan, stop dwelling on your dream/fairytale and live. Note that planning ahead in time is different.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.