Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best "Belly" Workout Watch

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, you really need someone else to tell you that to lose fat you need to eat more healthy foods and do exercise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anniee1)
    I thought squats are for thighs and hips?
    No, i can't afford gym!

Diet yeah will try and eat more healthy

Thanks x
    TBH you're beginning to sound like an absolute clown only interested in told garbage that she wants to hear. Why people here dislike people asking for "advice". Go use slendertone, knowing your obtuseness you may take that advice to heart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)
    TBH you're beginning to sound like an absolute clown only interested in told garbage that she wants to hear. Why people here dislike people asking for "advice". Go use slendertone, knowing your obtuseness you may take that advice to heart.
    OMG
    1) I took your advice, Cardio? Do u want me to bang my head with cardio cardio cardio??
    2) I dont dislike you?:eek:
    3) You owe me an apology!

Your the one being rude now:mad:

ReputationRep:
    OMG
    1) I took your advice, Cardio? Do u want me to bang my head with cardio cardio cardio??
    2) I dont dislike you?:eek:
    3) You owe me an apology!

Your the one being rude now:mad:
    u mad?

ReputationRep:
    Just start doing a fair few sit ups

ReputationRep:
    Yes, u certainly have turned me into one

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks guys, much appreciated for all your advice, views and opinions! I will take everything on board and see what happens

Thank you very much!
    x

ReputationRep:
    True but snacks are rather fattening for me I munch crisps, nuts, bars, biscuits, chocolates and loads of crap and that's a NO good for stomach

Yeah i just want to tone it down... its not FAT fat like i said... yeah i might give it a shot as well as do some cardio! Thnx x
    Yeah, obviously those are terrible snacks. Eat fruit. Natural food not processed crap...

ReputationRep:
    Silly silly girls, there is a big sod off sticky thread

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=887324

read it and stop wasting our time!!!

ReputationRep:
    Im exactly the same, im quite slim but i have a bit of a bump! its not like fatty just annoying to be there! i go to the gym twice a week and swimming twice a week and that really helps! Get an excersise ball and some weights and do little excersise for like 20 minutes a day if you cant afford the gym or go for a run and that will really start to help! I eat so much fruit but then icant resist to snack on buiscuits and chocolate, so just eat healthily with a balanced diet and low carbs.

ReputationRep:
    Nop i dont have weights, and i am sure that will also have some impact on my arms
    I just want belly bumb to be sorted Might try some crunches and see if that helps
    LOL as for diet, one day i will eat a lot and next day i won't eat anything diet is cool as i can control that
    xx
    Yeah you're just gonna get massive arms just like that :rolleyes:

Guys have an incredibly hard time putting on muscle, trust me I know, and girls have it twice as hard, you're not gonna get big arms unless you're trying to

Your diet sounds like **** btw

(Original post by Bishamon)
    And dont do crunches, crunches are for idiots, go and talk to people in a gym who do crunches, 90% of the time they are stupid
    lol crunches are all right, I do punching ones to strengthen my stomach for boxing and they work, I can take a **** load more punches to the gut than I could a month ago and don't get winded as much and I'm too much of a weak ******* to do more than about 10 hanging leg raises

I thought squats are for thighs and hips?
    No, i can't afford gym!

Diet yeah will try and eat more healthy

Thanks x
    Any big compound lift will work your core (including your stomach)

After a few sets of deadlifts and squats I can feel it in my belly, when you do those big lifts you work your whole body, you should listen to people here when they give good advice, if you did they might not get so pissed off with you

ReputationRep:
    You should talk to tinktinktinkerbell. You'd get on with her no problem.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe try and follow one of those washboard abs in 30 day plans.

ReputationRep:
    Nop i dont have weights, and i am sure that will also have some impact on my arms
    I just want belly bumb to be sorted Might try some crunches and see if that helps
    LOL as for diet, one day i will eat a lot and next day i won't eat anything diet is cool as i can control that
    xx

You can't spot reduce fat. That's not how it works. You won't bulk up if you weight train smart, you'll just tone up. Light weights, aim for 3 sets in the 10-15 rep range. The last couple of reps should be a struggle. More muscle mass = more calories burned at rest (higher metabolic rate).

Drink water. Not diet soda, not squash, just plain water. Helps flush your system.

Cardio - anything you want. If you're determined to lose fat fast, try High Intensity Interval Training. Hard to do on treadmill, easier on rowing machine/stationary bike. Try 30 seconds at 70-80% effort followed by 1 min 30 seconds of 40-50% effort as you're a beginner.

ReputationRep:
    I am size 8/10 and i am quite pettie. My only trouble is my belly. I stand straight and you see my belly bumb. No it doesnt look bad BUT i cant wear fitted clothes unless i take in which i do . Any suggestions for a good workout which will tone it down?
    Thanks
    xx
    Try youtube x

(Original post by JohnC2211)
      You can't spot reduce fat. That's not how it works. You won't bulk up if you weight train smart, you'll just tone up. Light weights, aim for 3 sets in the 10-15 rep range. The last couple of reps should be a struggle. More muscle mass = more calories burned at rest (higher metabolic rate).
      Drink water. Not diet soda, not squash, just plain water. Helps flush your system.

Cardio - anything you want. If you're determined to lose fat fast, try High Intensity Interval Training. Hard to do on treadmill, easier on rowing machine/stationary bike. Try 30 seconds at 70-80% effort followed by 1 min 30 seconds of 40-50% effort as you're a beginner.
      Where's the logic in low weight/high rep? You've already admitted she won't bulk up so why are you ignoring heavy weights/low rep?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by sleekchic)
      Where's the logic in low weight/high rep? You've already admitted she won't bulk up so why are you ignoring heavy weights/low rep?
      Because she doesn't seem like the kind of girl who would be smart enough to not maintain her caloric intake and could possibly pack on muscle that she doesn't want. Safer for her to stick with high reps and low weight, under the assumption that she is a beginner to resistance training.

ReputationRep:
      Because she doesn't seem like the kind of girl who would be smart enough to not maintain her caloric intake and could possibly pack on muscle that she doesn't want. Safer for her to stick with high reps and low weight, under the assumption that she is a beginner to resistance training.
      Yeah cos muscle is so easy to pack on isn't it? I mean we just can't keep it off us, it just keeps packing on!

Seriously do you know how long it takes to build muscle? When you're a gym n00b for the first few months when you start drinking protein shakes and lifting seriously you do get some big gains, but they're once in a lifetime gains and they aren't big enough to be too visible

After that 1-2lb of dry muscle a month is what you can expect as a guy, for girls its half that

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by a_t)
      Yeah cos muscle is so easy to pack on isn't it? I mean we just can't keep it off us, it just keeps packing on!

Seriously do you know how long it takes to build muscle? When you're a gym n00b for the first few months when you start drinking protein shakes and lifting seriously you do get some big gains, but they're once in a lifetime gains and they aren't big enough to be too visible

After that 1-2lb of dry muscle a month is what you can expect as a guy, for girls its half that

Fair points, but the point remains is she explicitly stated that fat loss was her goal. I maintain that it will be better for her to use lighter weights and higher reps, particularly as she is a beginner and probably hasn't trained weights before.

ReputationRep:
      Even for a bloke with much higher testosterone levels than her, a decent exercise regime, a quality diet and plenty of rest it is incredibly difficult to gain muscle - considering that she doesn't know what she's doing and she's eating a calorie restricted diet it's even more unlikely that she will gain muscle period, let alone 'excessive' amounts.

The vast majority of girls who are convinced that they're too muscular either have body dysmorphia (ie; they think they're significantly bigger and more muscular than they really are) and/or they're carrying quite a high level of fat which is less dense and bulkier than muscle (they may have even gained extra fat as a result of an increased appetite in response to exercise).

Fair points, but the point remains is she explicitly stated that fat loss was her goal. I maintain that it will be better for her to use lighter weights and higher reps, particularly as she is a beginner and probably hasn't trained weights before.
      It is easier to focus on technique and develop correct motor patterns with a slightly heavier weight for relatively few reps (ie; 5) than it is using a lighter weight for many more reps - the weight used (or lack off) alters technique and doing high rep sets increases fatigue which can cause a decline in technique.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.