The Student Room Group

University of Reading or Kent University for law?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i am applying for the English and French law course which is offered at both universities
i've always heard about the european aspect of kent university which is quite a good thing
on the other hand i think reading has a better reputation than kent in England
Reply 21
Original post by fabienzidane
please the subject is about kent or reading
not the prices of train tickets

Very sorry to disrupt your post like that OP but I was just curious. Anyway don't go by the rankings because at the end of the day, you have to spend 3-4 years at that uni and if you are not going to be happy studying at that particular uni then don't pick it. You'll just regret it.
Reply 22
Original post by kat2pult
I do Creative Events Design and Production.

I'll have to look out for that bus, although you'll have to get a bus from halls to Chatham and back which'll add another £2-3 onto your journey.

I wouldn't trust what they say on the open day btw, many of them talk rubbish. They only do open days because they get paid for it :wink:

Paid to do it. Seriously? I thought it was voluntarily. So do the unis just pick people or what?
Reply 23
Original post by Bubbles0ox
from medway its probably cheaper mayb £5 - 10
its only because i would have to get the train to somewhere then a bus back down then a bus back up to bluewater.

you wont want to go there weekly anyway, it will get boring lol.

Yeah you're probably right. It's ok for a bit of change from the boring town but every week could be costly and boring.
Reply 24
Original post by mkb230
Paid to do it. Seriously? I thought it was voluntarily. So do the unis just pick people or what?

You sign up in freshers week. It's about £6-8 an hour! I am never available when they have meetings though. If your course is small then they have a couple of people specifically representing your course and they get paid too. Although you can volunteer if you want :wink:
Reply 25
Original post by fabienzidane
i am applying for the English and French law course which is offered at both universities
i've always heard about the european aspect of kent university which is quite a good thing
on the other hand i think reading has a better reputation than kent in England

Chatam - The birth place of one of the most popular novelist in English Literature i.e. Charles Dickens.
Reply 26
Original post by kat2pult
You sign up in freshers week. It's about £6-8 an hour! I am never available when they have meetings though. If your course is small then they have a couple of people specifically representing your course and they get paid too. Although you can volunteer if you want :wink:

I would definitely love to do that. Getting paid £6-8 an hour to exaggerate things. To be honest, I would be willing to talk about any course for that much. :biggrin:
Reply 27
Original post by mkb230
Chatam - The birth place of one of the most popular novelist in English Literature i.e. Charles Dickens.

He'd be turning in his grave if he could see what a craphole it is now.

To OP, if you did decide to go to Kent, the Canterbury campus is much nicer and Canterbury is a lovely place. Can't comment on the nightlife there however. Medway is just full of scummy, thick, skanky chavs really, I have to be honest with you. It is in a good location since it's a good distance to London, bluewater etc. as has been previously mentioned, but I don't think that'd be a good enough reason to live and study here for 3 years.
Original post by mkb230

Chatham the birth place of the chav:
Chav:
Derived from Chatham in Kent, this term can be applied loosely to every culture with a nasty, thieving element. There are many variants of this creature but all are subject to the following commonalities:...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kbuLZo0Zxg&feature=related this is chatham (in the medway towns)
Original post by LazyCookie

To OP, if you did decide to go to Kent, the Canterbury campus is much nicer and Canterbury is a lovely place. Can't comment on the nightlife there however. Medway is just full of scummy, thick, skanky chavs really, I have to be honest with you. It is in a good location since it's a good distance to London, bluewater etc. as has been previously mentioned, but I don't think that'd be a good enough reason to live and study here for 3 years.

I agree!
Reply 30
Original post by LazyCookie

Yeah fair point. If I do go there next year then it'll be solely on the basis that I didn't get the grades I needed to go to my firm.
Reply 31
Chatham the birth place of the chav:
Chav:
Derived from Chatham in Kent, this term can be applied loosely to every culture with a nasty, thieving element. There are many variants of this creature but all are subject to the following commonalities:...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kbuLZo0Zxg&feature=related this is chatham (in the medway towns)

Many people think that he word Chav derived form Chatham average but it actually originates from the Romani word Chavi meaning youth. However, after going around the town, I can certainly tell why most people think that Chav is actually Chatham average.
Original post by mkb230
Many people think that he word Chav derived form Chatham average but it actually originates from the Romani word Chavi meaning youth. However, after going around the town, I can certainly tell why most people think that Chav is actually Chatham average.

yeah, ive heard that before actually :smile:
Reply 33
I'd say Reading. The law school there is so pretty and is close to London :smile:
Reply 34
yeah, ive heard that before actually :smile:

Are you currently studying at a university? If yes, then where and what course(s) are you doing?
Reply 35
Original post by calannra
I'd say Reading. The law school there is so pretty and is close to London :smile:

And don't forget the Reading music festival. Went there last year and it was amazing.
Reply 36
Original post by mkb230
And don't forget the Reading music festival. Went there last year and it was amazing.

true, true. :tongue:
Original post by mkb230
Are you currently studying at a university? If yes, then where and what course(s) are you doing?

nope i just live in a town near by and go to canterbury and medway monthly
i have seen the university of kent though :smile:
Reply 38
Go to reading as i will be going there next year woooooooooooo :smile:
Reply 39
Reading All The Way :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending