Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So, what do YOU want to do in life? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I honestly haven't thought careers through well enough. On the one hand, if my degree doesn't go as well as planned, I'll just toddle off into teaching. If it all goes right, I'd like to do a PhD either related to Italian, or comparative linguistics/Romance Philology (but that would probably require me to either do a second BA before applying, or to attend a linguistics BA scheme alongside my research) -- but I've got a year to really decide and search through options -- and then try and work my way into lecturing or some such nonsense.

In terms of private life, I'd be most happy with a wife, some kids, and a comfortable standard of living.

ReputationRep:
    Join Starfleet.

More realistically:
    - Be an academic. Hopefully get posts at a few Universities in different countries, and when I've got a few years experience become a senior staff member in Canada or the US because they earn a ****load of money. Like well over $100,000. :cool:
    - Travel every summer to someplace interesting.
    - Possibly get married.
    - Avoid children as much as is humanly possible.
    - Do the best I can to make sure my parents are taken care of when they're old.

ReputationRep:
    Do amazingly well in my A-levels so I get into a good uni..
    Read law!
    Go to Japan, live there. (impossible, yes I know.)
    Get married, perhaps have a child.
    I would like to be a Judge when I'm really old, that's where the money is afterall

ReputationRep:
    Achieve God like physique.
    Achieve good AS grades
    Perhaps a degree in history or literature
    Move to USA/ or AUSTRALIA
    Visit some other nations
    Join the army
    Die for Britannia

ReputationRep:
    My main ambition in life is to travel the world, and I'm hoping to go into a career that will allow me to do that. I'm intelligent and hard working and I believe I can do well in life, I want to finish my A levels, go to university, have a good time, get a degree, and get a decent paying job.

All I want to do at the minute is to move away from my crappy home life and make a good life for myself... I've never had money, or luxuries, I've never eaten in a nice restaurant, or shopped at Waitrose, or even been outside of England... I think I just want to live the life all of my friends have lived, and the sooner I can do that, the better.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno what i wanna do next week let alone the rest of my life

ReputationRep:
    Become an oceanographer of some sort, and live somewhere other then the UK if/when I become one.
    I don't care about the nitty gritty though.
    I don't care about money, as long as I have enough to live.

ReputationRep:
    i am not really sure about my future, but am sure i was put on earth for a purpose; otherwise, y am i alive? i wanna go to a good uni, travel a lot, i am considering a psychology- or an international relations-related career at the moment; yet, i am doing econs, french, lit and maths at school. of course, like everybody, i want a happy life, i definitely wanna get married and have kids..i don't wanna have to go to an office to work, working at home would be nice..it would give me time to live my life the way i want it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chlobofro)
    I'd like to go Glamorgan Uni, get a BA in Journo, Get an MA in Journo, live in Cardiff and become a successful editor of a newspaper. I'd like to get married, have 2 children named Zach and Seren and grow old gracefully.
    I want to call my future daughter Seren too .

In the next few years ideally I'd get onto some sort of paid training degree ultimately to work in a hospital. Move in with my boyfriend because we'll get jobs in the same town... I hope to enjoy my job, for it not to be too stressful. We'll have our own house and decorate it amazingly. Then we'll have children. All this interspersed with going places in the world I really want to visit. I worry so much about how I'm going to achieve even the basics of this.

ReputationRep:
    Study PPS at Cambridge, write bestsellers, move to NYC, marry someone rich, get a sausage dog ... not necessarily in that order.

ReputationRep:
    start a revolution

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayK)
    Study Biochemistry.

Overthrow the government.
    nice.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm nearly finished uni so we'll see after that. In a perfect world I would get a trainee biomedical scientist job (that basically doesn't exist anymore ) and get onto a good salary pretty soon. Mostly I just want a good career with a 'stable' amount of money (~£30'000) in something I enjoy with a good pension. If I can get more, then fine - I do have expensive taste if I had the money to fulfill it! I'd like to have a house in the next few years if the job hurries up! Again if I had the money I might like a house in the country as well! I'll get married when I have the money as well and have no kids. I want to travel a little bit, maybe see Egypt, Athens, Paris again, New York...

I don't really have many unrealistic expectations. With the exception of maybe doing research and finding a cure for something! And possibly playing rugby with my 5'1, 47kg body lol

ReputationRep:
    Get into Uni and complete my degree, not sure whether to do some kind of postgraduate study yet.
    Get a job in related field, money wise just enough so i can live comfortably
    Become a home owner
    Get pilots licence
    Visit each continent

ReputationRep:
    Earn enough money to buy prostitutes and all the latest PlayStation games & consoles.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly I have no idea at the moment, not that I had much of one to begin with.

I'll settle for a job I enjoy, a nice place over my head and general contentment with life.

ReputationRep:
    Be Optimus Prime
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Uni in septermber on a gap year now and working and saving.

ReputationRep:
    I want to go to UCLan and do a psychology and criminology degree (with one year abroad in American), Then do a masters in Forensic psychology and UCLan again, then find somewhere to do a PhD in forensic psychology. After all that get a job as a forensic psychologist in America. As for the marriage and kids thing I think that isn't for me, but who knows if I meet the right person.

ReputationRep:
    Graduate, become a Pharmacist, maybe in a hospital if I can and if I get bored I'll try some industrial jobs. Get married, have a few kids and then I dunno. I always thought it would be nice to foster loads of kids after mine leave home. It's an idea lol.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.