Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What everyone else said really. I got 100 in my C1 and I'm not all that brilliant at Maths. I was fortunate to get my best mark on the actual day out of all the past papers I'd tried. Basically all I did was just do papers papers papers. Very quickly scan over your workings if you have the time during it to try and avoid arithmetic errors as much as possible.

ReputationRep:
    this htread has been pretty useful, im glad im not the only that makes the mistake of 3x3=6

I have a mock for C1 later this week, aiming for 95% min since its realistic, for the real thing i fear that i wont get 100% but will defo get between 95-100 , mainly due to silly mistakes such as misreading the question, sign slips, and graph plotting eurrgh

ReputationRep:
    C1 is just basic stuff, but after answering a question you should still check that you've given the answer in the correct form and that there are not any errors in your workings. For example, sometimes people change an equation which is written as f(x)=... and is a fraction into a normal-looking equation and think they've already integrated it. Sometimes they forget to put +c at the end or forget to calculate the value of c given a point on the curve. Making sure you aren't making of these mistakes and doing what the question asks will help you get 90%+. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Does anyone know, on average I know it varies exam by exam, the raw mark needed for full UMS? Is it normally around the 70/72 for a moderately hard exam?

ReputationRep:
    I heard that turning up for the exams helps.

ReputationRep:
    Just do as many practice papers as you can do, and solomen papers if you can get hold of them...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.