Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A slight disagreement and now she's become distant Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It's fine means it's not okay. If she said it bluntly, that means she wants you to apologise more and make up for it.

A girl will not text you for a whole week lool at least I won't. I'm stubborn and I do not apologise first :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    aye maybe so but it is amusing to see threads where females are wishing their partner would communicate better.

But the issue is when your friend/partner is upset and you have no idea why, it turns out it's nothing you've done but the "doesn't matter" or "forget it" is very unhelpful as you can't best comfort them if you don't know the problem. It might turn out that they and a friend have fallen out, a friend you don't know well. You can't have been expected to know that and a bit more communication would have allowed for you to try and give advice/comfort earlier on.

anyway....who wants cake!?

(Original post by james.h)
    But that's the point - if I really care about someone, I want them to be happy.
    If my company (after several attempted apologies have apparently been shrugged off) is evidently something that they don't want, then I'll leave them alone, no matter who they are or how much I care about them. :sigh:

Everyone thinks in different ways. :yes: Sometimes I don't know whether that's more a good thing than a bad one.

Me! :woo:

Rule Number for dealing with 'Its fine':

"Whatever I did, I'm an ass, and I'm sorry"

it'll probably make her laugh if its not you, or she'll agree that you're an ass, and then you're making progress to finding out what's wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boobies.)
    Rule Number for dealing with 'Its fine':

"Whatever I did, I'm an ass, and I'm sorry"

it'll probably make her laugh if its not you, or she'll agree that you're an ass, and then you're making progress to finding out what's wrong.
    oh yeah I know the pre-emptive apology but it doesn't seem fair...

or if you're unlucky you say that and she'll explode on you saying something along the lines of

"WHAT!? Why do you think it has anything to do with you? Everything has to be about you doesn't it! You're so selfish!"

and you're there like...:confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah I know the pre-emptive apology but it doesn't seem fair...

or if you're unlucky you say that and she'll explode on you saying something along the lines of

"WHAT!? Why do you think it has anything to do with you? Everything has to be about you doesn't it! You're so selfish!"

and you're there like...:confused::confused:
    It doesn't seem fair, but it is probably your fault. :L

How i love being female.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't seem fair, but it is probably your fault. :L

How i love being female.
    haha that didn't happen to me, just an example of a fairly likely scenario....no offence, but as said..your lot can be good at mind games, no response is the right one, but no response is equally as bad...a rock and a hard place.

by the way I'm not bitter haha, honestly If I were female I'd probably manipulate people a little bit...play the hand you're dealt and all that, they're happy, you're happy, everybody wins!

ReputationRep:
    haha that didn't happen to me, just an example of a fairly likely scenario....no offence, but as said..your lot can be good at mind games, no response is the right one, but no response is equally as bad...a rock and a hard place.

by the way I'm not bitter haha, honestly If I were female I'd probably manipulate people a little bit...play the hand you're dealt and all that, they're happy, you're happy, everybody wins!
    Yeah. Its fun really.
    Whenever my (ex)boyfriend? [jeez, its complicated - 'the guy'] annoys me a little, sometimes I seem upset and trail off on this huge guilt trip making him feel bad, then laugh and tell him I'm joking. Hehe, how evil. How really evil

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Its fun really.
    Whenever my (ex)boyfriend? [jeez, its complicated - 'the guy'] annoys me a little, sometimes I seem upset and trail off on this huge guilt trip making him feel bad, then laugh and tell him I'm joking. Hehe, how evil. How really evil
    yeah I imagine, amusing for you. Same with the old puppy dog eyes and turning on the water works to get sympathy in a variety of circumstances, maybe you don't have enough money for the bus, but it's ok, he'll let you off. You need something doing for you...carrying for you...it's just so easy.

ReputationRep:
    yeah I imagine, amusing for you. Same with the old puppy dog eyes and turning on the water works to get sympathy in a variety of circumstances, maybe you don't have enough money for the bus, but it's ok, he'll let you off. You need something doing for you...carrying for you...it's just so easy.
    And of course, when you're on a night out walking between clubs and its negative degrees and you didn't bring a coat because it doesn't look cool and you get to choose between 4 coats because all the lads are offering you theirs :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    And of course, when you're on a night out walking between clubs and its negative degrees and you didn't bring a coat because it doesn't look cool and you get to choose between 4 coats because all the lads are offering you theirs :rolleyes:
    and they complain chivalries dead!

I even offered someone £5 towards petrol today, she turned it down...does she need lessons you think?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.